GT WorldWide Tour Season 2 || Freddude P1 Champion || Harsk100 P2 Champion || TNR_ is Team ChampionFinished 

What class are you MOST interested in racing in?

• Total voters
After the test race today, the following procedures changes will be considered below.

• Tire/Fuel Depletion being changed from Fast to Normal. My issue with this is that, If I set it to normal, There will be a minimum pit-stop requirement for Hour long races (Damage repair Pits do not count as an actual pit-stop unless taken after 15 minutes in the race have passed)

• LMP2 Class may have to be reviewed and revised. I will be doing some extra testing. The class should be good it's just some LMP2 cars were on pace with some LMP1 cars. Then again, some people were using RS and RM while others were using RHs. It was pretty hard to see if there was balance. Tomorrow, For all who choose to join the room, Maximum tire compound will be RH to get a clear representation of the balance.

These are rules and regulations that we need to remember to follow. The following issues are listed below.

Rule 5.D
After the race starts, we will do a Parade Lap behind the pace car. If there is no pace car, We will do a parade lap behind the pole leader. Speed should not be any faster than 75-85 MPH/121-136 KM/H.

It seems that we had a little trouble finding the speed during the parade lap. I know we had a little lag, but that's why we stay 1 car length away.

Rule 5.a
- During Parade Laps drivers should be at least one car length away from the car in front of them. Drivers are allowed to tire warm. However, do not overtake or hit the car in front of you or you will be penalized.

This is the biggest issue we have. We HAVE GOT to stay AT LEAST 1 car length away from the car in front of us. This prevents damage and collisions. I understand accidents happen and lag happens but we're trying our hardest to minimize it, and some of y'all be right up on a car's bumper. We can't do that.

Rule 5.b
On straightaways odd grid drivers will be on the Left and even grid drivers will be on the Right

This is what it should look like on long straights.

pace lap.JPG

5.c
Drivers may start the race once the pace car goes into the pit area or once you cross the finish line. (If there is no pace car)

Stay in the parade formation and parade lap speed until your lap changes to 2.

5.E
Drivers will be prohibited from using the text box during the race except for yellow flags and other race control calls.

We had a random guy stumble into the room, so I'm not tripping about it too much. but guys, unless it's a race control call, yellow flag, or an emergency departure, we shouldn't see it in the text box. It's very distracting to a lot of drivers and can mess up the flow of things. Not singling anybody out, just, hold your comments until after the race. ;)

To be honest, had no trouble with anything except the parade lap really. Once we get that down, everything should be good. Hope this reads you well fellas. I wasn't playing when I said I'm trying to have this series running smooth. Also, if you are a part of this series, add my PSN "BlackOut__Nasseh" Cause when qualifying and actual race day start, the room will be set to PRIVATE or CLUB ONLY.

Good to see wear on normal as that should hopefully make consistency more important in the races.

During testing today, I discovered that, not only am I similar pace, but I'm also happier in the LMP2 Zytek than I was in the LM GTR. It's no issue with the specs of the car. The way PD has designed the car makes it feel like can't compete with the others and this is not the first series I have seen where the GTR is off. It's unfortunate that our most modern LMP1 car had to be that one.

So after today's testing, it's looking like I'll make the move over to LMP2 as I feel that will bring me more fun in the races.

Good to see wear on normal as that should hopefully make consistency more important in the races.

During testing today, I discovered that, not only am I similar pace, but I'm also happier in the LMP2 Zytek than I was in the LM GTR. It's no issue with the specs of the car. The way PD has designed the car makes it feel like can't compete with the others and this is not the first series I have seen where the GTR is off. It's unfortunate that our most modern LMP1 car had to be that one.

So after today's testing, it's looking like I'll make the move over to LMP2 as I feel that will bring me more fun in the races.

It does suck man. Outta all the modern LMP1 cars to give us, PD gives us the one that Nissan didn't even finish right. (I heard the car was suppose to be 4WD) Maybe GT7 will reward us with the Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro and the Toyota TS040. and maybe some other LMP1 to make up for Porsche's absent. kinda how Pcars did.

But ultimately, as long as y'all are having fun and feel the competitiveness, that's all that matters to me.

Here are a few people that may be interested. @Pubs16 @Thomas2012 @kolio123 @CowboyAce57 @RESHIRAM5

Lol I don't think they're interested... Well, we got 17 drivers already so it doesn't bother me too much. (Don't know how many are legitimately active though) but if I were to guesstimate on how many drivers we can get up to, I'd say we can get up to 12/13 drivers per race.

Thanks for the tag :)

My schedule is tight so I can not makes a lot of series that I would like to. :(

Dang. That's a bummer bro. :( yeah schedule has been tight with a lot of people.

TYRE/FUEL DEPLETION
Alright guys here's the deal with tire/fuel depletion on Fast vs Normal

When on Normal - It depicts Realism, Drivers have to focus on consistency, precision, and speed as tires and fuel deteriorate slow minimizing pit-stops. However, it takes away from pit strategy and tire planning, as drivers can literally use only 2 sets of tires (Provided it doesn't rain) in an entire 1 Hour race. It does keep the car racing for most of the time.

When on Fast - Not as much realism, Drivers focus has to be on tire load and maintaining good pace. Focus and precision are key as you don't want to heat your tires up too fast. Pit-Strategy and tire selection will come into play. (This next point is Mostly with Tuned GTE Cars) your tuning and power upgrading can be your make or break on how your race goes as a more powerful engine upgrade can give you power, but will eat your fuel up. To me tire/fuel depletion on Fast For 1 Hour Long Races doesn't seem too bad of an idea.

To sum it up, the most stops one will have to do is about 3-5 (your tune and damage will depend on how many you take really) and if you think that is too many, remember this.

We are trying to simulate real races. The hour long races are SUPPOSE to simulate a 6 hour race. 90 Minute = 12 Hour, 2 Hour = 24 Hour

In those 6 Hours of Nurburgring, The average number for LMP1 pit-stops was 6. and in the 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans, the pit stops reached up to 33 pit-stops at average.

Is it really an Endurance without pit-stops?

Bottom Line, It's either tire wear on fast, or tire wear on Normal with 3 minimum pit-stop limit

Again, this is only for the Hour long races. 90 Minute races and 2 Hour races are dead-set on normal depletion.

Last edited:
Well now that I'm out of that tire killing machine, my perspective has changed a bit. I think the GTR was the only car that was truly going to struggle with fast wear. I think 15-20 minute stints will be possible depending on the track for most of the cars in the 60 min races. I think fast could work for the 60 min races while for the 90 and 120 min races, normal might make more sense as those will have something along the lines of 3 stops.

Sorry I just noticed. Would it be possible to change my # to 42? It's the number on my car and seeing the signup with the right number makes me happy :P

I took the liberty of testing out the Ferrari 458 at Silverstone on RH. I have to say, I was quite shocked by the results. Although I wasn't particularly trying to shatter lap records, I ran my fastest lap on Lap 9 which was a 2:04.7. I did not feel the need to pit-in after 11 Laps! That was approximately 23 minutes! Which means really, a driver will be averaging 2-3 pits per Hour long race with tire/fuel consumption on fast.

When I pit-in, I had a quarter tank of gas remaining, which really means I could've ran one more lap.
Tires
Front Left 6
Front Right 7
Rear Left 7
Rear Right 8

I was running very consistent times lap 2-11. (Mid to low 2:05s) I was on my way to a 2:03/2:02 but I skewered off the track on Chapel Curve. and ended up with a 2:06.
I have pictures if anybody doesn't believe me.

I'm going to try the C7 and V12 to see if I get similar results. One thing I watched and took heed of, brake input and how hard you take a turn will determine how fast your tires will deteriorate. Also, when you choose to pit-in is solely your preference. My preference is when my tires get around 4-5, my gas is below quarter of a tank, or my lap times are becoming inconsistent. Having the tire wear on fast is basically like having the time progression set to 10. tires wear out quicker than normal, but still give you plenty of time to race and gain position.

As I said, I'm going to do further testing. Also, with this being said, the pit-in rule may be revised.

POSSIBLE Revision

Pit Area will not open until the the following times have passed during the race
Hour races = 15 Minutes
90 Minute races = 20 Minutes
2 Hour races = 20 Minutes
exception to sustaining damage or race penalties
This Pit window is for TIRE CHANGE ONLY

*IMPORTANT* Drivers who wish to re-fuel must wait until the following times have passed during a race

Hour races = 20 Minutes
90 Minute races = 25 Minutes
2 Hour races = 25 Minutes

This revision is not yet final as it is still under consideration and testing. Will give a final say so by tomorrow.

Back