GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
You must be new to the internet.. people don't send things to other people based soley on your word that you'll send it right back. Go buy your own, or hound your local BMW dealership, see if they can get you one.

Thank you Jedi2016, and I will do exactly what you said I will try to contact my BMW dealership, and see if they can give me a Demo Disc of BMW 1-Series Virtual Drive...

To save me the trouble of reading a billion pages of threads, is there an NTSC version of the Virtual Drive available, or were they made only for PAL?

i have just received the bmw demo :) (got it from ebay) wow the nurb is a wicked track(all 3 minutes of it anyway) it has got some real sweet spots that realy throw the cars weight around...wicked. i can't wait for the real deal to come next year!! amalfi is ok just the bmw isn't the right car for this track, something with a bit more torque up those hills will be nice.

HUDSONJONES
amalfi is ok just the bmw isn't the right car for this track, something with a bit more torque up those hills will be nice.
Try the diesel! It's not perfect either, but it suits Amalfi better than the petrol BMW. The diesel is quicker anyway, although a little more unstable under heavy braking.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

I don't drive the diesel for one reason, it is one of the worst sounding engine noises I've ever heard in a game. Only surpassed by Initial D Special Stage on PS2 (Seems like the arcade engine noises went on holiday in that & were replaced with vaccum cleaners) & possibly some others. I mean I've heard old diesels, I've heard new diesels & it sounds like niether. It sounds like the usual really generic GT sewing machine engine noise but not only that, a generic sewing machine noise that sounds like it barely changes as you go through the revs :yuck:

Here comes the raving fanboy proclaiming that "crap engine sounds are all part of kaz's plan, if he can't get them 100% correct, he won't do em at all. Mayby the allmighty PS3 will do decent engine sounds...and skidmarks".

;)

T5-R
I don't drive the diesel for one reason, it is one of the worst sounding engine noises I've ever heard in a game. Only surpassed by Initial D Special Stage on PS2 (Seems like the arcade engine noises went on holiday in that & were replaced with vaccum cleaners) & possibly some others. I mean I've heard old diesels, I've heard new diesels & it sounds like niether. It sounds like the usual really generic GT sewing machine engine noise but not only that, a generic sewing machine noise that sounds like it barely changes as you go through the revs :yuck:
I agree, the diesel noise really is pretty bad. If there was some "rattle" like there should be, it'd sound much better. But the diesel is quicker on the track, and that's what we're after, right? :mischievous:

I guess, or let's say I hope, they weren't done with that. If there'll be some diesels in GT4 sounding like that I'd be pretty disappointed.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
I agree, the diesel noise really is pretty bad. If there was some "rattle" like there should be, it'd sound much better. But the diesel is quicker on the track, and that's what we're after, right? :mischievous:

I guess, or let's say I hope, they weren't done with that. If there'll be some diesels in GT4 sounding like that I'd be pretty disappointed.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

*sigh* Comments like these make me wonder ... Either you're asking PD to make less realistic car sounds, or you are critiqueing BMW for making dull sounding Diesels. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that reminds you of driving a diesel other than in the engine's torque distribution or when you pay your bills at the gas station ...

kamakazi13
how did you manage to do a full 8 min lap with only 180 secs on the timer

Probably by reading this thread I would imagine...

Then again, there was another topic concerning the BMW Demo and I believe someone (the Interceptor) had indicated that there were actually two out at one time...
1 with a time limit and one without...???

Arwin
*sigh* Comments like these make me wonder ... Either you're asking PD to make less realistic car sounds, or you are critiqueing BMW for making dull sounding Diesels. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that reminds you of driving a diesel other than in the engine's torque distribution or when you pay your bills at the gas station ...

The lack of an UNpleasant engine sound does not equate to a PLEASANT one. BMW do wonders in not making their diesels sound bad, but where they (and all other diesel engines) fall down, is that they don't make you want to drive with the windows down and listen to the engine :-)

Arwin
I drive a diesel, and I know how it sounds. I'm sorry but the 120d from the demo just doesn't sound like one. It has the right tone, but the rattling sound, typical for a Diesel, is missing. I agree that BMW Diesels may sound smoother than others (I have a Seat, which actually has a VW Diesel), but the 120d in the demo is a bit on the quiet side, don't you think? Even the 120i is louder in the demo, and in my opinion that's just not right.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

Back