GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 22

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 195 comments
g-man
FINAL ENTRY:

thumb9pm.jpg

is it jsut me or has this subi been slammed into the weeds???

I finally got some valid entries. But at least I removed my last lot before I got a warning to change them. Lets see how these go.

FINAL ENTRY

Honourables. Was a tough choice.

//. /. '/
Did you use unsharp mask on these?

i was wondering that myself...
the trees in the background look like they have that grainy sparkle of artifacts an unsharp mask will add.

//. /. '/
Did you use unsharp mask on these? look a little TOO sharp
btw your 2nd HM 👍
Thanks! Im not sure what the unsharp mask is, I just used the Sharpen feature. If that's against the rules though, I could post the unsharpened versions. I've seen people enter sharpened ones before though, thats why I figured it would be ok. I was debating between the final and the 1st hm too :)

Thirdeye
Thanks! Im not sure what the unsharp mask is, I just used the Sharpen feature. If that's against the rules though, I could post the unsharpened versions. I've seen people enter sharpened ones before though, thats why I figured it would be ok. I was debating between the final and the 1st hm too :)

the only photoshop allowed is:

"Photoshop can be used to crop, rotate, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited."

running filters is manipulation, and illegal.

Thirdeye
Could you direct me to some of these sharpened entries that you have seen?

Slick6
Could you direct me to some of these sharpened entries that you have seen?

Those Subaru shots from "Thirdeye" all have a sharpened car and unsharp background, you cant get that effect by only brightness and contrast, I am sure. Maybe he doesnt know the rules!?

Keep the comp. fair!

Maybe it was in one of the other competitions. My bad :) I'll change my entries. Sorry for the confusion!
EDIT: Entries changed.

Tomcat79
I don't feel very inspired this week, what do youi think of these pics?

FINAL ENTRY

Honorable Mentions

I like your final entry.

Your 2nd HM looks great in thumbnail view - but on full size something about the aperture and focus seems very off.

zonekill
Those Subaru shots from "Thirdeye" all have a sharpened car and unsharp background, you cant get that effect by only brightness and contrast, I am sure. Maybe he doesnt know the rules!?

Keep the comp. fair!

um, i can get that effect without photoshop, i can get it in photomode. just set the arpeture down to 1.4 and use a manual-focus to focus on the car. i have many photos like that. 💡 i'd be glad to show you.

I've had a hard time choosing this week - hopefully i made the right choice.

Please click on thumbnails - the full-size pictures are better quality.

Honourable Mentions

FINAL ENTRY

Back