GT5 Cover Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spec M
  • 392 comments
  • 62,908 views
Ferrari 458 Italia

There are two complaints I always hear from casual players about GT: 1) It doesn't have damage and 2) there's no Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche.

Sony would probably want to show off its newest, biggest license on the box.
maybe a wrecked 458:sly:
 
I bet the cover car would be a Pagani Zonda or Murceilago.
 
if porshe will be in then a 911 for sure
 
Does anyone think the box art might have more than one car on it? it could be split into sections and have a bit of nascar, wrc and road cars.
They tried puttin 3 american muscle cars on the box art for gt psp but decided to go with just the one car.
 
Does anyone think the box art might have more than one car on it? it could be split into sections and have a bit of nascar, wrc and road cars.
They tried puttin 3 american muscle cars on the box art for gt psp but decided to go with just the one car.

911 Turbo
Murcielago
Nascar ( American peeps suggest a car here )
Subaru WRC

That would work 👍.
 
A NASCAR car on the front for the US version might well happen. I imagine if so, they'd use Jeff Gordon, since he's today's legend in NASCAR, or perhaps Dale Earnhardt Jr, who has a tremendous following.

I would also think a classic car would grace the box cover. Maybe America muscle or an Italian exotic?
 
crashed_bugatti_veyron-image-2_59.jpg


This is the cover for GT5.
 
I would prefer for the cover to be something general, like the tire in the original. A certain neutrality on the cover would represent the GT series' versatility well.
 
I can't help but think one of the following is gonna be on the cover:

Something American: Seeing as Kaz spent alot of time around America's big three, their could be more of the same for GT5

Bugatti or Lamborghini: Using the hype already gained by announcing these two brands for GT PSP, one of these might land on the cover.

Porsche: While still farfetched seeing as they have not been confirmed yet, there is reason to be hopeful given PD's recent aquirement of one of the brands that they couldn't secure before.

Also, I'd rather not have a Race car on the cover because thats not what GT is. Its a driving sim, not another racing sim and(despite my namesake) I'd prefer it keep it that way.
 
I can't help but think one of the following is gonna be on the cover:

Something American: Seeing as Kaz spent alot of time around America's big three, their could be more of the same for GT5

Bugatti or Lamborghini: Using the hype already gained by announcing these two brands for GT PSP, one of these might land on the cover.

Porsche: While still farfetched seeing as they have not been confirmed yet, there is reason to be hopeful given PD's recent aquirement of one of the brands that they couldn't secure before.

Also, I'd rather not have a Race car on the cover because thats not what GT is. Its a driving sim, not another racing sim and(despite my namesake) I'd prefer it keep it that way.

I feel it won't be American. I am thinking Europe. I'd put all of my money on Europe. Murciélago, F50, GT2, and the Veyron all seem like good candidates.
 
^I'm feeling American. He said he felt excited when going to a car museum in the states, compared to the silent awe to be had in a Euro one. He also feels pity for the state of the American auto industry as well.
 
I'm thinking a ZR1(even though it will probably be GT5 PSP's cover car), or a Murcielago Super Veloce. :drool:
 
I'm thinking Ferrari Enzo will be on the cover
 
I think it's gonna be the Xanavi GTR that was in the E3 trailer. They showed it a lot in that video and it also appeared in some of the screencaps taken of the menus. Really can't tell at this point.
 
I think 'GT by Citroen'. The GT kinda gives it away...
 
I would prefer for the cover to be something general, like the tire in the original. A certain neutrality on the cover would represent the GT series' versatility well.

+1 👍
 
Did somebody say tires? :D

gt.jpg
 
Last edited:
can't see the picture
 
I think 'GT by Citroen'. The GT kinda gives it away...

How on earth does the 'GT' give it away? I'm willing to bet my left testicle that GTbyCitroen won't be on the cover - seeing as it was already on the cover of GT5P Spec III.

gran-turismo-5-prologue-spec-iii.jpg
 
Imagine this being a special cover for the Indian release of GT5. This guy looks like he's ready to race!:lol:

Sorry for it being so huge!

autorickshaw%5B4%5D.jpg


Edit: Here's a smaller one. This guy looks like serious biznez...
 
Last edited:
Back