GT5 Cover Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spec M
  • 392 comments
  • 62,908 views
^I thought the website would take the smaller version...umm I'll guess I'll look for another smaller version
 
i'd like the gt by citroën car

It's already been used:

gran-turismo-5-prologue-spec-iii.jpg


I'd like to see a Lambo. I actually made one with the Murcielago SV.

gt5coverm.png


I could also see a Ferrari, but they're a bit of a cliche. Maybe the new Camaro or Zonda.

And @sumbrownkid, go to Imageshack, paste the image URL and check the "Resize" box. 640x480 ought to be good.
 
^ As much as I would like the new Camaro, it's just not a good cover car for a game. It would probably be something fast of course, and it would definitely have to look amazing, like the Citroen GT. Possibly a Lambo, considering they're a new addition, or maybe the Veyron? I can see that being on the cover.
 
-> These are some variable chances to be GT5's cover car:

spyker-aileron.jpg


lamborghini-reventon.jpg


2009-Chevrolet-Stingray_Concept.jpg


frankfurt-preview-ferrari-italia-1.jpg


12_alfa-8c_1.jpg


2008-alfa-romeo-8c-spider1.jpg


bims08lotusevora_1_opt.jpg


^ Either each one of these would be on the cover or not; we may never know until or after TGS. :scared:
 
Mmm that Spyker or the 8C looks incredible.
 
I want them to use a Ferrari. Probably the 458 Italia. It's the first big GT game that has the carbrand of all carbrands, and that has to be celebrated on the cover IMO. :)
 
Its going around that this would be the new GT5 Cover and the gamw will come in november 2

noynmt.jpg
 
Its going around that this would be the new GT5 Cover and the gamw will come in november 2

noynmt.jpg

That box art was an old mock up - I'm fairly sure. The Gran Turismo logo on that is all-silver too, because it was taken directly from Prologue's cover. The proper GT5 logo should be in red/blue theme.
 
I think that was one of the covers that AlexWRC made for the game.
 
well i think there will be the licence cars like a normal Gt car (Lambo or something) then the rally licence and the nascar licence next to each other on the cover and on top There reads Grand turismo 5 the real driving simulator :) (bad english i know) :)
 
I wish for a plain GT5 logo with a dark grey to black gradient, kinda' like my avatar. That way it will be timeless!
 
Bugatti Veyron!

What would be cool would be to have two cars on the boxart, that'd be a first :D
 
Its going around that this would be the new GT5 Cover and the gamw will come in november 2

noynmt.jpg

heh, I was added to the "fake GT5 release date list" becawse of that picture.

I think that the GT5 cover will feature one of the new supercars, maybe the 25th anniversary countach?
 
I think that the GT5 cover will feature one of the new supercars, maybe the 25th anniversary countach?
I don't think they are going to put a 20-year old car in the cover. Don't get me wrong, I like the Countach, but it isn't exactly the hottest piece of automotive engineering anymore! ;)
 
I wish for a plain GT5 logo with a dark grey to black gradient, kinda' like my avatar. That way it will be timeless!

I agree.
 
I don't think they are going to put a 20-year old car in the cover. Don't get me wrong, I like the Countach, but it isn't exactly the hottest piece of automotive engineering anymore! ;)

Hmm... maybe, but I got another idea! (well it is quite similar, but!) Remember long time ago Kazunori was giving a prize for a "best in show car" (I don't remember what festival was that tho...) And remember what car he chose? The Lambo Miura! And after that almost all of the GTPlanet users were sceptical about Lamborghinis in GT5! So since Kaz officially added this manufacturer in the game, now I think that the cover car will be that Miura.
 
My top 3 cover cars for Gran Turismo 5

Ferrari F50
4_full.jpg


Lamborghini Murciélago
lamborghini-murcielago-speeding.jpg


McLaren F1
mclaren_f1.jpg


BONUS (not my favorite but I think it has a good shot)

Bugatti Veyron
00370_2008_Bugatti_Veyron_16_4.jpg
 
If they have got it into the game, I think the cover car will be the new Ferrari Italia. Else it will be either the Veyron or a Lamborghini


SrRd RacinG, that is an awesome shot of the McLaren F1 there!
 
I don't care whats on the front cover. It could b a g-whizz for all i care. just as long as the games good.
 
I
gt5-gt500-gtr-01.jpg
think they will use this car as they have been emphasising it a lot in their videos and pictures
 
I think it will be kaz's red gtr.
 
I would like to see the Pagani Zonda F (pride as an argentine is playing a big part here) or the new Chevrolet Camaro (I like the looks of the car).

Overall, I'm not bothered with the Cover Car. One of those two cars would make me extremely happy, though.
 
I reckon it'll be a 250 gto ;) I wish that the cover was all 1000 cars printed at microscopic size.
 
a 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO would be freaking awesome!
 
In before the cover is released.

I can not imagine anything else but the Nissan GT-R 2009.

Because of various things like the close relationship between PD and Nissan or the fact that the GT-R is exclusive to Gran Turismo.

Is it exclusive right? I remember reading that somewhere.
 
Back