GT5 demo December 17 !

• Thread starter Goldrusher
  • 1,387 comments
Because you can shift faster than the game's shifting animation. Also if you mod your wheel you can shift while accelerating.

thats true for GT5P.. but easy to fix for GT5 because...

on GT5P you can turn it ON/OFF during the race and that's what allow to use the mod... if they put an option before starting the race to enable/unable, clutch cheating wont be possible then 👍

thats true for GT5P.. but easy to fix for GT5 because...

on GT5P you can turn it ON/OFF during the race and that's what allow to use the mod... if they put an option before starting the race to enable/unable, clutch cheating wont be possible then 👍
I still don't get it really. I haver a G25, as default i can change gear without the clutch so surely that is quicker than the time it takes to depress and release the clutch pedal?
What is modding? The triangle button turns clutch on and off on the G25.

I still don't get it really. I haver a G25, as default i can change gear without the clutch so surely that is quicker than the time it takes to depress and release the clutch pedal?

If you don't activate the clutch (press triangle) then GT does it the clutch (and rev match up and down the gears) for you but slower than a human can. it also depends on the car somewhat too.

I would like to point out that throttle lifting wasn't required in Prologue spec I (original JPN release), flat shifting was removed as all the leader boards were full of flatshifter and KY mentioned that changing without lifting the throttle like that (clutch activated I mean) all the time wasn't realistic.

Also note that flatshifting is still enabled with un modded wheels below 20km/h in GT5P ;)

Jay
If you don't activate the clutch (press triangle) then GT does it the clutch (and rev match up and down the gears) for you but slower than a human can. it also depends on the car somewhat too.

I would like to point out that throttle lifting wasn't required in Prologue spec I (original JPN release), flat shifting was removed as all the leader boards were full of flatshifter and KY mentioned that changing without lifting the throttle like that (clutch activated I mean) all the time wasn't realistic.

Also note that flatshifting is still enabled with un modded wheels below 20km/h in GT5P ;)
What about using the paddles instead of the H shift, is that still slower than using the clutch?

Yes. Manual H, or manual sequential (paddles or stick) w/o clutch, are all the same and slower than manual H with clutch.

Interesting that this 350z is the newer one. I see its still 6-speed manual stock but has other gearbox options.

How fast at shifting is the new 350z semi-auto and has any of the GTR, Ferrari California type spec filtered down into the 2010 car options?

Should the auto change in the game be faster now and using G25 clutch would be useless like it would be if PD let you use manual in the Nissan GTR.

For the price and it being optional I guess PD should stick with the slow automated change?

I can only find a replay video of the red stock 350z.

Interesting that this 350z is the newer one. I see its still 6-speed manual stock but has other gearbox options.

How fast at shifting is the new 350z semi-auto and has any of the GTR, Ferrari California type spec filtered down into the 2010 car options?

Should the auto change in the game be faster now and using G25 clutch would be useless like it would be if PD let you use manual in the Nissan GTR.

For the price and it being optional I guess PD should stick with the slow automated change?

I can only find a replay video of the red stock 350z.

He means 370z (just so other don't pick up on this...)

I remember the GT Concept Nissan on GT5Prologue is pretty fast on auto/sequential manual. One of the reasons I use it for drifting, quick shift without the worries of clutch or taking one hand off the steering.

We'll soon know :)

Last edited:
He means 370z (just so other don't pick up on this...)

I remember the GT Concept Nissan on GT5Prologue is pretty fast on auto/sequential manual. One of the reasons I use it for drifting, quick shift without the worries of clutch or taking on hand off the steering.

We'll soon know :)

Yes I meant 370z.:)

Edit:

370z has 6-speed manual and a seven speed automatic priced slightly higher that has a target time 0.5 for shifts. GTR is 0.2.

Audi is R8 is 0.8 I believe and I think there's a slight gain in GT5p if you use the clutch and your name is struppi, meagainstyou. Not sure if the GT5p's R8 autoshift is modeled right but its certainly quite fast in the game and really hard to match or gain with the clutch.

So the G25 advantage talk is moot possibly if PD simulate the seven speed automatic gearbox shift speed.

I was going to mention SynchroRev Match but all cars in GT5p kind of do this anyway.

Last edited:
Otherwise this would have happened ........

And if you click through to youtube you can see the piece of equipment the guy used to do it.

Can you please provide the link which shows this cheat evidence? I tried to find it but didn't succeed....

Not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know if the Japanese PS store gets updated on thursdays as well? And if so, does anyone know a time frame of when it usually gets updated??

How is that shifter a cheat? it seems like its just a modded shifter for stiffer feel. When I was using my G25 I did the real feel mod, all it did was some modifiing of spring to make it stiffer, it wont change gears faster unless you crack GT5Prologue game code.

But yeah in Prologue you can switch gears faster with Clutch on, just practice a bit, and its possible.

Oh its a modded Clutch in the shifter? yeah that is a cheat.. Or a super sports cars sequential mode lol .

How is that shifter a cheat? it seems like its just a modded shifter for stiffer feel. When I was using my G25 I did the real feel mod, all it did was some modifiing of spring to make it stiffer, it wont change gears faster unless you crack GT5Prologue game code.

But yeah in Prologue you can switch gears faster with Clutch on, just practice a bit, and its possible.

That's pretty much what it does. According to MeAgainstYou, it looks like they use the ability to turn the clutch on and off with the triangle button to allow you to accelerate while changing gears. That was forbidden due to the game's inability to replicate what would actually happen if you do it in real life and creates an unrealistic advantage that PD decided to ban, but that can be achieved through this mod.

Sounds like cheating to me.

Last edited:
lets not bother about clutch anymore.. we already discuss that for a long time a few months ago...

just focus on what we know now... and what we know is that we wont have clutch on the demo, so... no worries 👍

gonna set gt to download in the morning and play it all day once i get back from the gym ..... so excited......... hope i make top 20 nationally at least :)

I wonder how long it will be before "someone" starts moaning about the foliage in the demo? You all know it's gonna happen.............

Damn all these complainers, complaining about complainers... makes me want to strangle a vacuum cleaner....................... :grumpy:

But seriously, the whiners are getting kind of thick. They tend to start collecting in herds whenever a big Gran Turismo event approaches, and this time isn't any different.

The best thing to do is ignore them if their complains are invalid. If you reply to them, it would just make matter worst.
Also, complain about the complainers doesn't help either.
Back to topic, so the demo will be available worldwide at 9 a.m. GMT or different region will have different time?

Do you even know what is my only motivation to complain? When I see a part of the game which could easily be better and just isn't. And not because of lack of time, money, technology or such things. Just because blocked mind of 15 years sitting and narrow minded engineer of PD, one or few persons which can be easilly changed for somebody more competent. But that's not the right japanese way, I know.

When I can see such beautifully created car models and their lightning, very good tarmac physics, I just can't stand that there is nuclear power of cell sleeping and we can see in the same game nearest track surrounding consisting of cardboard trees, such miserable AI not thinking but using another simple physics model and cheating everywhere, so miserable crash and gravel physics and so raspy, dead and generic engine sounds of 20th century.

Think about it and don't let your love to the game (which could be in fact much weaker than mine is) make you blind.

Last edited:
It was better just waiting for a game really, at least we was positive then. Hopefully once GT5 is released we will be so in-groused that we wont have time to moan on a forum. We can go back to screaming at the TV.

Do you even know what is my only motivation to complain? When I see a part of the game which could easily be better and just isn't. And not because of lack of time, money, technology or such things. Just because blocked mind of 15 years sitting and narrow minded engineer of PD, one or few persons which can be easilly changed for somebody more competent. But that's not the right japanese way, I know.

When I can see such beautifully created car models and their lightning, very good tarmac physics, I just can't stand that there is nuclear power of cell sleeping and we can see in the same game nearest track surrounding consisting of cardboard trees, such miserable AI not thinking but using another simple physics model and cheating everywhere, so miserable crash and gravel physics and so raspy, dead and generic engine sounds of 20th century.

Think about it and don't let your love to the game (which could be in fact much weaker than mine is) make you blind.
You have a point. It's a bit like a person who isn't English, yet reads English everyday fails to spell the same words correctly. People look at it and they wonder what leads that person to never change it. Perhaps if that person wasn't there, the spelling errors would disappear?

It's never good to be offensive nor intend to be offensive towards someone's only known way of doing things.

Lets be thankful that PD are using a new studio down the road to do the online code for GT5. Lets also be thankful for all the new features that will arrive in GT5 that everyone can pick at.

I'll tell you now. Until we have 100Hz TV's across the world and consoles able to render far more detailed scenes than we have today at 100Hz, we'll always be able to pick at how the steering wheel in the dashboard view never quite rotates at the exact same time as our real steering wheels, but lets be thankful we have that dashboard view and lets be thankful we have trees at all.

If I do any more thanking, it'll be for my dinner... Jeeves!...

Back