GT5 DLC will hit the North American Store on 10/25

  • Thread starter Thread starter JEANTONDELLO
  • 319 comments
  • 25,816 views
Bonus: All the GT4 tracks.

Nah, probably will be another Skyline.
 
Jesus Christ.

This is far, far sleazier even than the stuff Capcom does.

Well, to be honest. This is PD's first DLC so if a lot of people don't like it there MAY (emphasize may) be a bit more leniency in future DLC offerings. Then again, I have never in my life seen someone fumble the ball this quickly with any DLC ever.
 
Well, to be honest. This is PD's first DLC so if a lot of people don't like it there MAY (emphasize may) be a bit more leniency in future DLC offerings.
Even if everyone didn't immediately gobble it up (which, it is Gran Turismo so they will), there's doing DLC wrong and then there's being so comically, ridiculously stupid/greedy about it that you can't even tell if they are joking or not.

PD is a modern video game developer who is doing DLC a full console generation after it became commonplace. The only way for them to be doing it this way is if they were doing it on purpose, at which point any chance that it will ever get less terrible is basically gone.
 
question... i have a US version of GT5 and an Australian PSN account. Do i have to download from the Aus PSN store to use the DLC - will that work? I thought DLC was region specific.

Looks like i might be missing out on this one :(
 
Is any really surprised it is delayed!
 
Even if everyone didn't immediately gobble it up (which, it is Gran Turismo so they will), there's doing DLC wrong and then there's being so comically, ridiculously stupid/greedy about it that you can't even tell if they are joking or not.

Well, these next 7 days are having me on the fence about considering (gasp) possibly looking to other racing games. I want to see how this plays out. I have a few PSN accounts but I am only buying this DLC once if at all.
 
I'm not surprised at how they handled this at all.

Edit: What IS surprising is how they let us race on DLC tracks we don't own. But maybe they couldn't figure out how to restrict that? :lol: :lol:
 
Last edited:
I really thought we were going to get our DLC on time. So now for the wait we get what... more gear? Screw the gear and bring on the CARS!!!
 
DLC :lol:

Delayed Loadable Content :ouch:

Delayed Lied Cheated :grumpy:

Oh well, back to F1 2011 :)
 
doesn't bother me a whole lot; Batman: Arkham City comes out today so, i'll be on that seriously for the next week. not a big loss for me.

Also, why you guys complaining about? it was supposed to come out next week; So, Thank Kaz for giving you the 2.0 update a week early and stop acting like you are entitled to it.
 
Also, why you guys complaining about?
Try reading and you might know.


As it is, if even half of this 🤬 that is rumoured turns out to be true than PD doesn't deserved to be thanked for anything for quite a long time.
 
Just a few hours before release.. This is ridiculous..
 
I have absolutely no issue with not being able to dupe the cars, suits, helmets and paint chips. None. My only complaint is the one-week delay in releasing to the US. You run multiple accounts and have to buy for each, boo freakin' hoo. I have one account, and about 1200 paint chips which are about 1100 more than I'll ever use.

Spent the last couple hours running Spa in a Japanese room (thanks to PowderGuy for hosting, by the way). It's magnificent. The sunlight effects will occasionally make the approach to a few curves a bit hairy, but that's real-life stuff. Picking up the right brake points for the bus stop and La Source is going to be a learning experience. The host ran one race in full rain (track 79 percent wet), to which I texted, "GT5 - the real boating sim," after tip-toeing through the downhill portion of the course. A different host ran different weather probabilities, which produced rain on part of the course but not on another, very true-to-Spa.

PowderGuy also had us do one race on Kart Space I. As were entering the track someone texted, "Ooo, lights," completely apropos because the place was lit up like a pachinko parlor. It's a very Japanese kind of look in there. The lighting effects made the track look slick, but it actually had good grip and you could throw the karts around. Wasn't everyone's cup of tea -- most people had joined to run Spa -- but I had fun with it and imagine others with karting inclinations will too.
 
Very ordinary, merely hours before release is an epic communications fail.
 
Ive been a VALVe / Steam pc gamer for quite some time, and they have an untarnished reputation for missing release dates

I'm used to this ****.

Also, in return for your 'suffering' (insert FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS PICTURE) they are giving you a "special bonus" (WHICH YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO)

Stop complaining!!!
 
I've been running in a Spa room for the last few hours. Got lots of laps in and have the track completely memorized. I'm getting ready to leave while the track is in a downpour and has 100% saturation of the track. Needless to say it's a bit hairy out there. :lol:
 
Ive been a VALVe / Steam pc gamer for quite some time, and they have an untarnished reputation for missing release dates

I'm used to this ****.

Also, in return for your 'suffering' (insert FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS PICTURE) they are giving you a "special bonus" (WHICH YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO)

Stop complaining!!!

Have they delayed anything just a few hours from release?
 
By the sounds of it, the way the DLC is implmented is a huge joke. Only ONE use for some silly paint before you're forced to buy it again? Having to buy another set of DLC cars per account? And if you want to have more than one of each car, even if it's just a specific one, you must buy the whole set again anyway. Just pure ridiculousness and greed. If it weren't for Spec Miata, I would doubt my chances of buying this DLC.

Waiting another week just got a heck of a lot easier.
 
Have they delayed anything just a few hours from release?

oh hell yeah, I forget which game it was but the most recent game I've bought was slated for a midnight release, ended up getting pushed back to 8pm 2 days later

**** happens, bugs are found, or maybe this is payback for nagasaki and hiroshima

theres just no way to know.


By the sounds of it, the way the DLC is implmented is a huge joke. Only ONE use for some silly paint before you're forced to buy it again? Having to buy another set of DLC cars per account? And if you want to have more than one of each car, even if it's just a specific one, you must buy the whole set again anyway. Just pure ridiculousness and greed. If it weren't for Spec Miata, I would doubt my chances of buying this DLC.

Waiting another week just got a heck of a lot easier.


this information confirmed?
 
I've been running in a Spa room for the last few hours. Got lots of laps in and have the track completely memorized. I'm getting ready to leave while the track is in a downpour and has 100% saturation of the track. Needless to say it's a bit hairy out there. :lol:

100%???!!

At 79% I needed a paddle. :dopey:
 
Cmon you guys are going to get an adicional «Dukes of Hazard horn pack» for free and you are still complaining???
 
All I want is a reason, as loyal fans I feel we are entitled to that much. Things like this don't get delayed in only one area mere hours before release for no reason. After waiting as long as we have waited for DLC (as underwhelming as most of it is) I would think they would have the decency to tell us why.

Instead we will get some "special bonus" which is almost guaranteed to be useless because if it was any good they would be giving it to everyone.
 
This is a joke. Why don't they just put the cars in the dealership so we can buy them with in-game money whenever we want, in whatever color we want, in whatever quantity we want and can afford? Would that make too much sense?

Even worse, wherever there are random colors involved, I almost always seem to get the boring/ugly ones.
 
this information confirmed?

Read the info on page 10. I honestly hope it's just a joke, but knowing PD it probably isn't.
 
If the DLC is already instaled and all they give us is unlock codes I fail to understand what the problem can be...
 
Ive been a VALVe / Steam pc gamer for quite some time, and they have an untarnished reputation for missing release dates

I'm used to this ****.

Also, in return for your 'suffering' (insert FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS PICTURE) they are giving you a "special bonus" (WHICH YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO)

Stop complaining!!!

first-world-problems.jpg


Not really fitting, but meh :p
 
It also isn't available in germany. So Europe has to wait too....maybe!?:grumpy:
 
Back