GT5: GT Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtone339
  • 182 comments
  • 19,590 views
well...we had I think 80 in GT4. And we've already added more than ten more with Masterati, Tesla, Lambo, Ferrari and the like, so...I'm going to guess 110.

EDIT: 53 dealers so far...and I suspect that's only half of them.

Wow thanks man. :)
 
You're welcome. But, yeah, if we have all the manufacturers from GT's past PLUS the new manufacturers, then 110 could be a low estimate. I'd say 110-150 would be a good ballpark.
 
You're welcome. But, yeah, if we have all the manufacturers from GT's past PLUS the new manufacturers, then 110 could be a low estimate. I'd say 110-150 would be a good ballpark.

:)
 
I really hope they dont implement online as a full feature in gtmode/gt life. Rankings and leaderboards will be ok, but it seems more and more that you need to play online to get all out of gt mode. Gt mode used to be offline, practice, relaxing calming solo fun. Not all have internet that can handle online fx. Im not against online, and I enjoy it myself, though I enjoy gt mode offline just as much, if not more.

So i really do hope they will keep it seperated :(
 
I really hope they dont implement online as a full feature in gtmode/gt life. Rankings and leaderboards will be ok, but it seems more and more that you need to play online to get all out of gt mode. Gt mode used to be offline, practice, relaxing calming solo fun. Not all have internet that can handle online fx. Im not against online, and I enjoy it myself, though I enjoy gt mode offline just as much, if not more.

So i really do hope they will keep it seperated :(

I agree with this strongly. However amazing online mode will be, I don't want my GT experience to depend solely on the quality of my internet connection / other players. There's just too many variables to ensure a great experience every time.
 
I really don't feel like hunting down the video (bout to go to bed), but rest assured Kaz is putting a big emphasis on offline GT.

He did an interview at TGS one year and talked about how important GT Mode is (offline). I'll edit tomorrow if I find it.
 
Interesting, the image reminds me Tourist Trophy IMO.

I cant wait!!!!!!:crazy:

PS: i like the world map like GT4 but it looks good.
 
Look at the picture, look at the credits: 35,000,000!!!!!!!!! WOW :D

Ya it looks good but more starting money might mean cars are more expensive..:ouch: but I still don't see that as a problem.
 
that's 35 million yen. the US version of GT5 will probably start out with 35,000cr.
 
I really hope they dont implement online as a full feature in gtmode/gt life. Rankings and leaderboards will be ok, but it seems more and more that you need to play online to get all out of gt mode. Gt mode used to be offline, practice, relaxing calming solo fun. Not all have internet that can handle online fx. Im not against online, and I enjoy it myself, though I enjoy gt mode offline just as much, if not more.

So i really do hope they will keep it seperated :(

Im the complete opposite. I really hope all events in GT life have a leaderboard. For example if you keep re running an event because you want credits then if there is a leadboard at least you have something to go for. I used to love the career leaderboards on FM2 because its a real art to be consistently fast and differs to hotlapping.

By the way your internet connection shouldn't make a difference. If you find you lose your internet connection then the only effect of this will be your laptimes won't post on the leaderboards. This shouldn't affect your progression through GT life.
 
that's 35 million yen. the US version of GT5 will probably start out with 35,000cr.

Still plenty for a used S13 and a stage 1 turbo.:)
 
yup. But I'll have my pre-order cars to work with. :P so the first car I'll actually buy will probably be the SRT8 Challenger. :)
 
They better give us that option in Europe...:nervous:
 
I really hope they dont implement online as a full feature in gtmode/gt life. Rankings and leaderboards will be ok, but it seems more and more that you need to play online to get all out of gt mode. Gt mode used to be offline, practice, relaxing calming solo fun. Not all have internet that can handle online fx. Im not against online, and I enjoy it myself, though I enjoy gt mode offline just as much, if not more.

So i really do hope they will keep it seperated :(

i totally totally totally agree !
the GT MODE is the best thing in gran turismo
and i hate online races .. i hate it bad !
because its very dirty :grumpy:
 
Here is the interview he did last year where he speaks about how important offline GT is . Its part of the last question.

 
The two large button on the bottom centre of the page says: (X) ok and (A) Trianlgle - Menu.

Is the Menu Button referring to my home? If I'm right then 👍
4733868859_f5b8dbf1d0_b.jpg
 
"Menu" could be where you could go to jump to different places from anywhere. Like it could have a "Tune car" link and stuff.
 
"Menu" could be where you could go to jump to different places from anywhere. Like it could have a "Tune car" link and stuff.

I think thats to go back to the main menu and the sidebar on the left is to go to your garage if you click on the car symbol. then like in GT4, you can tune your car there.
 
When I first saw that "menu" is triangle I thought it could be 1 of 2 things.

1. There is a universal menu that can always be accessed by clicking triangle. Which would give you your general options that are in every GT.

2. The page before that page is the menu and triangle is how you go back one page.

I have my money on number 1.
 
It reminds me of Rfactor's menu, but better.
 
I'm still not a big fan of the menu screen; the different widths of the gaps between the different locations throws me off. Blame the designer in me. Looks sloppy.

I also am hoping *against* a starting amount increase. With all the GT4 cars added in, we'll have plenty of used cars, 35K is enough to get you a pretty quick machine off the bat. 10K can too, but at least you've got to start on some of the lower rungs with that little. 35K would put people into a handful of new cars, or just about any of the Japanese powerhouses from the last decade. Where's the fun in that?!
 
Didn't GT4 start you with 35K? I know if you had a GT3 save it gave you 100K. :P
 
GTPSP starts you off with 100,000 credits.
 
I can't remember for sure, but I started a new one a month or so ago. And I seem to remember it being much less, but I'm not sure.
 
Didn't GT4 start you with 35K? I know if you had a GT3 save it gave you 100K. :P
I'm pretty sure it was 10,000 credits. More than enough, if you ask me. ;)
 
Maybe it was Forza 2 that I was thinking of that started with 35K. Oh well. I usually started GT4 with 100K, soo...:)
 
I've always wondered why they don't do a sliding scale for money. At the beginning of GT Mode you select whether you want money to come easy or hard.

And then you get an opportunity to change it again at some other point in the game. Ya know, just in case you don't like where you've set it.
 
Forza kinda did that. They allowed you to adjust the Driving assists and using less would give you more money per race. (up to I think 50%)
 
GTPSP gave every car "new car prices", though. GT3 gave us 18K due to no used cars, as well.

Yeah, 10K is plenty. You could pick up an Evo on the first day of GT4. I think that's more than enough for a "starter car".

Honestly, if GT5 is as much of a prize-car-giveaway as GT4, you'll have a dozen cars before you even realize. I've been replaying all the old games and GT4 is far and away the easiest to amass a collection quickly. Re-golding the licenses, GT1 is still the hardest too.
 
Back