GT5 Hybrids

• Thread starter NSXDriver
  • 1,127 comments
Because the car behaves like usual, just with a lot of added power. Let's say he used the X2011 engine, that also means he would have used the chassis which would have offset the wheels a lot probably, it would have changed the sound to X2011 jet scream, the rev limiter would now be in the region of 18,000RPM and it would have given the car a 7 speed gearbox with automated clutch.

Since none of this happened, he has done it on another way. Same with the Formula GT and the Kart.

Don't forget the X2010 hybrid with 100,000hp.
I feel that after a little looking around that some of these may not be engine swaps, but adding more of the same engine, so the civic could very well have a few civic engines, and the X2010 could have quite a few X2010 engines.
I know there is also a way of manually changing the HP of a car with hex-editing; maybe this combined with the engine swaps allows the manually changed values to work?

It could be anything that is making these cars the way they are.

Thinking of ways it could have worked, I came up with a very logical theory as to how the power was achieved.
The base engine is from the X2010, giving 1500+bhp. The FGT in it's original form gives 900 something bhp, so hybriding the two cars together will give you the 2500+ bhp the FGT ends up with.
Similarly with the Civic. Base engine is the X2010, add the stock Civic power, but then you have all the power upgrades that the tunung components add. Given that these seem to be based on a percentage multiplier of the car's power each of these upgrades added to an X1's power would lead to the silly level the Civic ends up with.

So then, we can probably guess that the tool wont be an engine swapper but an engine adder, meaning any car you do a swap with will have its base power + the new engines power.

So then, we can probably guess that the tool wont be an engine swapper but an engine adder, meaning any car you do a swap with will have its base power + the new engines power.

If that's the case I wouldn't be interested...

:rolleyes:

Why would a programmer build such stuff when he could just change some hex indexes and by giving them new values modify the car's power number?
Also that theory doesn't explain the 102,000bhp X1.

Transformers talks about hybrids, not engine multiplier (or whatever idea you've come up with there).

If that's the case I wouldn't be interested...

Alright we get it, every post you make doesn't have to be condescending while how you rant about how much you hate unrealistic things and how you would add 15 HP to car. You can do that with tuning.

No one ****ing cares.

Alright we get it, every post you make doesn't have to be condescending while how you rant about how much you hate unrealistic things and how you would add 15 HP to car. You can do that with tuning.

No one ****ing cares.

I care, because if it's not like it used to be then these are NOT hybrids.

Watch how you talk to me because you don't want to get into it with me. This is a public forum and I'll post my opinion whether you like it or not. Don't want to read it, put me on your ignore list and I'll do the same.

Calm down guys, please?
Anyway that was only a theory, until we get confirmation from Transformers or get the program ourselves, we haven't a clue what it does.

If this program is released, and works after the patch later (if it fixes these cars), i cant wait to make my 1200bhp R32 skyline. Should be a great laugh, so much power in a 4wd car that is light, great fun. :)

Any updates on the program?

I sent a message to him considering how he is going to release the editor, because in GTPlanet it is impossible to be released. No response yet (He was online two days ago).

Last edited by a moderator:
If this program is released, and works after the patch later (if it fixes these cars), i cant wait to make my 1200bhp R32 skyline. Should be a great laugh, so much power in a 4wd car that is light, great fun. :)

How about a 1500HP GTR, AMS haha

Are the hybrids still working? I know it's only the first patch but the second might ''lock'' on to the hybrids?

FYI. Using these hybrid cars online is a very high risk to your account getting banned. And I'm not talking about a 3 or 30 day ban. It's permanent. No matter how much money you have in your PSN wallet, no matter if you're an original subscriber to PS+, or have spent $3000+ in the PS Store. No matter how many times you call Sony, or what the excuse. You will not get your account back.

GT5 is a first party game and Sony protects it's IP's with swift and fierce action if caught. First offense = bye bye forever to that account, and most likely a consoleid ban to the CFW you're playing online with.

I'm a long time CFW user, and just want to make it clear. Using mods like this online will eventually come back to bite you.

Do it on a dummy account you don't care about, or don't do it at all.

Or.... keep it offline!

I have a 2nd system and will be building/using them offline. I only race online in racing leagues so they wouldn't do me any good there.

So if and when this GT5 garage editor gets released so people can make their own hybrids how will it work? Would I have to jailbreak my PS3 and get it running on CFW if I wanted to make my own?

FYI. Using these hybrid cars online is a very high risk to your account getting banned. And I'm not talking about a 3 or 30 day ban. It's permanent. No matter how much money you have in your PSN wallet, no matter if you're an original subscriber to PS+, or have spent $3000+ in the PS Store. No matter how many times you call Sony, or what the excuse. You will not get your account back.

GT5 is a first party game and Sony protects it's IP's with swift and fierce action if caught. First offense = bye bye forever to that account, and most likely a consoleid ban to the CFW you're playing online with.

I'm a long time CFW user, and just want to make it clear. Using mods like this online will eventually come back to bite you.

Or.... keep it offline!

👍

I borrowed a friend hybrids. Took 'em straight to the test course. Raced all of them once, and I was done. Sure, they're fun. But not worth even a chance of me losing my PSN.

So if and when this GT5 garage editor gets released so people can make their own hybrids how will it work? Would I have to jailbreak my PS3 and get it running on CFW if I wanted to make my own?

I was told no. I think it's like the old MK program for GT3, except really slimmed down (engine + chassis only).

Interesting, thats good news in a way as I don't really want to jailbreak my PS3 to make them as I only have the one. I still dont understand how it will work and how you would get them in game using this editor, as I never did hybriding in GT3 and GT4 :confused: But I fear if I ask for too much detail on explinations here it will be against the AUP.

By the way I also only plan to use these hybrids offline or with friends only, no intentions of going into serious race league rooms and causing havoc.

👍

I borrowed a friend hybrids. Took 'em straight to the test course. Raced all of them once, and I was done. Sure, they're fun. But not worth even a chance of me losing my PSN.

I did the same and agree with you.

I admit, i have been using the go kart hybrid alot, offline of course, just test driving it and racing it on certain courses as well as 2 player battle in arcade mode, thats it. I don't care to do online races much at all so you won't see me in the open lobby.;) I know racing them online is certainly against the rules, but I do wonder, is sharing, borrowing, sending and receiving these cars also a problem? :scared:

Interesting, thats good news in a way as I don't really want to jailbreak my PS3 to make them as I only have the one. I still dont understand how it will work and how you would get them in game using this editor, as I never did hybriding in GT3 and GT4 :confused: But I fear if I ask for too much detail on explinations here it will be against the AUP.

MK's program is talked about and this is certainly similar, so I don't believe it's against the AUP. And if they didn't want us talking about it, this thread would have been locked already.

As far as the program goes, if it's like the MK program you would basically transfer your game save to a USB drive, then using your PC you open the save file in the program and swap parts from one car to another. So I'm hoping, since I want a rotary powered Miata, I could buy a new Miata and use the program to change it's engine to a rotary. :dopey:

This is mostly speculation on my part though...

MK's program is talked about and this is certainly similar, so I don't believe it's against the AUP. And if they didn't want us talking about it, this thread would have been locked already.

This is my second time for posting this.

terronium-12
fazerfan
is it against the rules of the forum to post hybriding tutorials for gt5?

yes.

terronium-12
fazerfan
but how? Why there is then a subforum for hybriding or is it like when gt6 comes its not against the aup to post hybriding tutorials for gt5?

hybridized vehicles in gt1-4 affected no one and likely wasn't against any agreements (eula, etc), but in gt5 hybrids affect online multiplayer (i.e. Mismatching) and are against the eula and psn service terms.

Or.... keep it offline!

Nice job completely pulling those "facts" out of your ass.

Latest Posts

Back