GT5 Hybrids

• Thread starter NSXDriver
  • 1,127 comments
So if and when this GT5 garage editor gets released so people can make their own hybrids how will it work? Would I have to jailbreak my PS3 and get it running on CFW if I wanted to make my own?

Open up the GT5.0 &.1 files of your save game and edit. Also, ps3 save game encryption is cracked so you should be able to do it on a non jailbroken ps3.

Nice job completely pulling those "facts" out of your ass.

Thanks for that constructive reply. I was under the impression this modding deal was only achieved by copying GT5 to an HDD then modifyng the files in the game. then of course using ftp to transfer the modded files back to your CFW ps3 and running the game with modded files. If that was the case then what I said is absolutely true.

If you think Im pulling any "facts out of my ass" about using CFW online than I suggest you go read up a bit on it.

If this is all achieved by editing a save file than the risk is extremely lessened, but still exists using mods online in a first party sce game.

From the reply I got from transformers it is nothing more than savefile editing. When asked if there were any special requirements the exact reply was "pc and a usb stick"

Open up the GT5.0 &.1 files of your save game and edit. Also, ps3 save game encryption is cracked so you should be able to do it on a non jailbroken ps3.

Thank you for that information, my question is, what program you used to edit the game safe and be able to save the made changes to it?

Blessorship
Thanks for that constructive reply. I was under the impression this modding deal was only achieved by copying GT5 to an HDD then modifyng the files in the game. then of course using ftp to transfer the modded files back to your CFW ps3 and running the game with modded files. If that was the case then what I said is absolutely true.

If you think Im pulling any "facts out of my ass" about using CFW online than I suggest you go read up a bit on it.

If this is all achieved by editing a save file than the risk is extremely lessened, but still exists using mods online in a first party sce game.

First off, it is purely a save edit, nothing more.

Secondly, the time trials and drift trials cant be affected by any of the cars we have at the moment since the FGT and the Go-Kart have 900+ PP, so they are never going to be able to be entered. The Civic has 750+ PP, so there is a low chance of that being able to be entered in the first place and it is very slow for its class unless it is on a no chicane sarthe or SSRX. The only worry is the 100,000hp X2010... It has -3000+ PP so it can enter any PP restricted event; but it doesnt have a engine and drive layout, so no MR events, or FR, FF, RR or 4WD. Nor can the X2010 enter any year restricted events or model restricted events... So you could enter this car the 600pp supercar festival and get 40mil in PP difference for doing 5 laps of SSR5... But i highly doubt it would be eligible for any future Time Trials, which is a very good thing!

First off, it is purely a save edit, nothing more.

Secondly, the time trials and drift trials cant be affected by any of the cars we have at the moment since the FGT and the Go-Kart have 900+ PP, so they are never going to be able to be entered. The Civic has 750+ PP, so there is a low chance of that being able to be entered in the first place and it is very slow for its class unless it is on a no chicane sarthe or SSRX. The only worry is the 100,000hp X2010... It has -3000+ PP so it can enter any PP restricted event; but it doesnt have a engine and drive layout, so no MR events, or FR, FF, RR or 4WD. Nor can the X2010 enter any year restricted events or model restricted events... So you could enter this car the 600pp supercar festival and get 40mil in PP difference for doing 5 laps of SSR5... But i highly doubt it would be eligible for any future Time Trials, which is a very good thing!

And where is this very fantasizing mechanical monster? :D
Transformers put a video of it on Youtube but never had the thought to share it even after being practically begged.
Too risky perhaps?

Trust me, it got leaked and there are a bunch of people out there who got that specific X2010. Also as far as I know none of the videos of Schewter's cars on YouTube were actually shot by himself.

I saw 3 of the x2010s running at the same time on route X couple days ago. Guessing they are common by now.

I wouldn't say they're common, as you have to borrow glitch to get them, and as some of the borrow glitch posts here on GTPlanet show, there's quite a large part of the community that don't have the first clue how to do that.

Let's just say they're less rare than they were a week ago.

So far I know about 30 players that has that specific x1 including my self and most of these players are drag racers like me. I want more, I've tuned all 1000+ cars in GT5 for drag racing, I've finished the game 100% 3 times, I'm bored of it but is my favorite game and these modded cars had brought more entertainment to the game, of course I won't use them for a time trial cause I don't care about that, every new time trial I do is just to make gold and that's it I don't try it anymore and besides that if players would use those cars on them the PD will notice, banned that player and cancel the trial. After all is PD fault for not adding such modifications like real life hybrids with real life MAX engine power, 4 cylinder engines max power are in a various range depending on the size from 600hp to a 1000hp for street use. I support modding and as soon I can afford to buy a computer I'll mod cars and share it to my people so we can all have fun, just like I did back on GT2 with a 64,000hp awd drag racing toyota starlet, so if anyone know to mod these cars please teach me so I can make GT5 more interesting for me and my friends, thank you.

It's called hacking and it's illegal, and probably over your head anyhow. If you are smart you'll wait for the before mentioned program and use the cars OFFLINE.

It's called hacking and it's illegal, and probably over your head anyhow. If you are smart you'll wait for the before mentioned program and use the cars OFFLINE.

Some people worry too much, the civics are all over online, I take mine online everyday, I really doubt PD can or will do anything about them. If anyone did get in trouble it would be the people making them, but the two I know who are creating them live in europe where copyright laws aren't as strict.

My GT5 is the UK version, I paid $200 for this game and am damm right I'll do whatever I want with it

AKA I95
So far I know about 30 players that has that specific x1 including my self and most of these players are drag racers like me. I want more, I've tuned all 1000+ cars in GT5 for drag racing, I've finished the game 100% 3 times, I'm bored of it but is my favorite game and these modded cars had brought more entertainment to the game, of course I won't use them for a time trial cause I don't care about that, every new time trial I do is just to make gold and that's it I don't try it anymore and besides that if players would use those cars on them the PD will notice, banned that player and cancel the trial. After all is PD fault for not adding such modifications like real life hybrids with real life MAX engine power, 4 cylinder engines max power are in a various range depending on the size from 600hp to a 1000hp for street use. I support modding and as soon I can afford to buy a computer I'll mod cars and share it to my people so we can all have fun, just like I did back on GT2 with a 64,000hp awd drag racing toyota starlet, so if anyone know to mod these cars please teach me so I can make GT5 more interesting for me and my friends, thank you.

I agree with you , hybrid makes the game more interesting , I can't wait Intell more hybrids come out . :D

..., so if anyone know to mod these cars please teach me so I can make GT5 more interesting for me and my friends, thank you.

:rolleyes:

Also I still don't see what is illegal about being involved with modding a savegame, basically you only decrypt it and edit values, where's the criminal part? Doesn't it also depend completely on your location?

Anyway, on topic, I wonder if Shewter will let us know when he releases the program, if he releases it, and how it works. I would think he would PM us on PSN the web address of the download, and the program would include a tutorial. That would be the ideal situation at least

Some people worry too much, the civics are all over online, I take mine online everyday, I really doubt PD can or will do anything about them. If anyone did get in trouble it would be the people making them, but the two I know who are creating them live in europe where copyright laws aren't as strict.

Just to make the discussion completely clear; PD absolutely can do something about these cars. I'm not talking legally - that'd be silly - but considering all trading takes place on their servers, the contents of the trades are known to PD, and they could easily ban certain accounts/systems from the network if they so chose.

Will they? We don't know. Personally, uncertainty is reason enough not to.

Just to make the discussion completely clear; PD absolutely can do something about these cars. I'm not talking legally - that'd be silly - but considering all trading takes place on their servers, the contents of the trades are known to PD, and they could easily ban certain accounts/systems from the network if they so chose.

Will they? We don't know. Personally, uncertainty is reason enough not to.

I'll take my chances. I think banning people would be a bad move on there part, a lot of people have these cars.

Take this scenario:

A friend sends you a hacked car, without you requesting it. (For any reason, maybe he thinks you'll enjoy it, or perhaps he's read the rumours on here and wants revenge for you sleeping with his sister)
You receive it, expecting it to just be another gifted car, only to find it has been hacked.
The PD servers note that you have this hacked car and you get a ban, despite no active participation.

Seriously doubt they would bite off the hands that feed them over something that can be blindly received in this way.

Alright, in that unlikely situation. But remember this blog post? PD also records online racing data. How detailed is it? None of us know. Considering the amount of complaints they are likely to be receiving thanks to these cars, I know if I were in their position, I'd be tracking their use.

For an example, players have been banned from XBL for using hacked/glitched cars in FM4. Bite the hand that feeds? Those players actually were feeding, in the form of XBL costs, and yet were still banned. GT5 players don't offer any additional money past whatever DLC they've already bought. Well, except those who keep buying paint chip DLC's *shudder*.

Is it just me or...

Come on people, this isn't exactly hacking into the Pentagon, NASA or Area 51 headquarters for that matter.
THIS IS A COMPUTER GAME!
And also, a computer game which has made so much money so far for the makers.
Do you honestly think they're gonna pull the plug out something that's still and will carry on making money for themselves?
IMHO, I very much doubt it. This will only increase sales of the game and make people interested into buying the new one (whenever that comes out) me thinks... :)

EDIT: Most games nowadays get hacked and have been over the years. Has anybody forgotten GP3, F1 2002 etc, etc...

Last edited:
Ah but this Kaz were talking about. I don't know? I doubt suing will occur but they will do their best to disallow the use of "hybrids".. I agree these cars are fun novelties, but going to the credit cap in one race is abusing the system. And posting it here (whoever did) is just feeding the fire.

Don't get me wrong..As a car guy, I'm power crazy! And I like the idea of these cars but I don't think PD will allow this to continue much longer without repercussions.

A simple fix for the credit limit in one race will be to put not just a higher cap on the cars (1000pp) but a lower cap aswell. Since you cant normally get cars at -3000pp why not do a simple patch to the pp system that if it cant calculate the pp or it thinks is way higher than 1000, just keep it at 1000? Obviously this could take some time on PDs part but it would be a lot easier than trying to root out a certain type of car or add a check in the savefile for it to find these cars.

Back