GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,260 views
In regards to the 11 bonus cars you get with the signature edition, can you start with them from the start, or will we need to unlock them? (I hope you need to unlock them)

EDIT~ just a thought, maybe they're only available in arcade mode...

They'll probably just be avalible for Arcade, seeing as it would give a bit of an advantage for career mode, which I doubt would be the purpose of them.
 
i have to say sorry for my useless Quote.

Do we know if we have ingame KIA models?

God forbid.. Hyundai I can understand, but not KIA.
 
i have to say sorry for my useless Quote.

Do we know if we have ingame KIA models?

I'd say we will probably get atleast the KIA cee'd because of Top Gear.
 
The way I see it the more gameplay videos leak onto the net the less excitement people will have for the game, meaning ultimately less sales.

Sony really need to pull their finger out and get this thing on the shelves, other wise in a couple of weeks after seeing endless videos of the game people will be like, GT5 ? yeah it looks ok, I might get it, where as now if it was on the shelf, well, it wouldn't be on the shelf for very long......
 
The way I see it the more gameplay videos leak onto the net the less excitement people will have for the game, meaning ultimately less sales.

People seem to be more excited about the game than ever. It's a racing game in the end, not a game driven by story where you could have the ending spoiled for you.
 
They'll probably just be avalible for Arcade, seeing as it would give a bit of an advantage for career mode, which I doubt would be the purpose of them.

seems logical really now i think about it,.. anyways, i'd feel dirty using them from the start in career mode lol.
 
The way I see it the more gameplay videos leak onto the net the less excitement people will have for the game, meaning ultimately less sales.

Sony really need to pull their finger out and get this thing on the shelves, other wise in a couple of weeks after seeing endless videos of the game people will be like, GT5 ? yeah it looks ok, I might get it, where as now if it was on the shelf, well, it wouldn't be on the shelf for very long......

I dunno, the more gameplay leaks I see the more it makes me want the game. :drool:
 
Depends if it is normal cars, or their ice racing ones...

kiapro_ceed_btcs_touringcar_02.jpg
:)
 
God forbid.. Hyundai I can understand, but not KIA.

Because you dont like this brand it means its prohibited to be in game?cars like Pro_ceed or ceed, Koup , Optima or even Soul would be great if was in game.google them and get a clue...
 
I dunno, the more gameplay leaks I see the more it makes me want the game. :drool:

Yes, me too, but I'm a racing nut, but for your average Joe Gamer who isn't a big GT fan, in a few weeks the hype will be gone for these people, who are probably the biggest market for Sony.

When gameplay videos start appearing, it's basically like the game is out, which it kind of is, so holding off for a big launch party type thing makes no sense, if the games are in the shops stockrooms get them on the shelves......
 
Wouldn't it be in Sonys own interest to release information as soon as possible ? I mean would they really let some guys in an eastern European country take all the glory in releasing information early ?

I bet this has caused a bit of annoyance at the Sony HQ, I wonder how they will respond. And when they will respond. Knowing Sony, it'll probably be soon.
 
Courtesy of Metalmurphy on GAF

"... They got word from Sony they'll be getting their games towards the end of next week, and they plan to start selling them on the 24. ...

So, does this mean that there won't even be an 'official release date'? Retailers can just start selling the game when they get the shipment? Confused... (too much beer and babe talk messed my brains)
 
So, does this mean that there won't even be an 'official release date'? Retailers can just start selling the game when they get the shipment? Confused... (too much beer and babe talk messed my brains)

welll, i dont know, but i am going by my shop tomorrow!
 
All they wanna do is sell the game ...just it at this point.When all countries has the game the stores will put on shelves and thats all...right in to our hands.
No release date? who cares....
 
please stop messing up this thread! Don't want it to be closed down again due to a few clowns....

edit -> thanks fade 👍
 
Last edited:
So, does this mean that there won't even be an 'official release date'? Retailers can just start selling the game when they get the shipment? Confused... (too much beer and babe talk messed my brains)

No-one knows exactly. The magazine he linked did have the date as the 24th which would be for Europe and ties up with that day being a Wednesday. Logically it would be the 23rd for the US and the 26th for the UK to keep it in line with release day conventions.

You'd have to wonder that if this situation gets worse and Sony really can't censor the leaks to an acceptable level, whether they would tell retailers to sell it as it arrived, probably knowing that there wouldn't be much difference in the day that stock reaches them.

Maybe not though, it's not really a professional way to go about it; but nothing about this release has been professional so it would be very much in keeping with the rest of it.
 
I got a little chuckle from that
 
I need release date because I have to ask permission to leave work...
 
i think this is a huge blow to sonys promotion plans.. u cant think that they dont care about these leaks, that they believe in the sales that will come soon... if they want the sales they estimated with the 2nd november release date they will must not give another release date because as soon as we have that date the leakes will be devastating...

just imagine... the videos will come in their droves... & i want this to happen.. really sony dont deserve anything.. its PD & kaz san that we should feel sorry for
 
Deleted on request.

Unless it was a mod who told you, you shouldn't have removed it. Was a lot funnier than most of the crap posted.

👍
 
I need release date because I have to ask permission to leave work...

For once I consider myself lucky to be unemployed :) On the other hand, the game is very expensive for me :(
 
Back