GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,926 views
Has anybody else noticed how Turismo Tuesdays on Gamestop website has started updating again for the past couple of weeks?

I know that soon after the nov2nd delay annoucement, they stopped updating their "countdown" but now for 3 weeks straights they started the countdown again.

In theory, this means they believe the game will definitely be out in 2 weeks, probably nov 23rd??

Here's hoping :)
 
I can't be the only one who thinks this release may go horribly wrong. I could see tons of stores selling the game prior to the release(especially in Europe). Buyers pissed cause some people are able to buy it while they can not. Amazon shipping copies early. And since so many people will attain the game before release, stores will have to sell early copies just to cope with competition.
 
PD are only making the game, not selling it.All marketing, including description is up to SONY.

Thats the reason...but for me it was as same as other ones...4 words and thats all.
 
That's not far off from what a real P4 would actually cost in real life mind you, in fact I would say 20,000,000 is reasonably spot on (if you don't believe me check auction results on the web).
Classic Ferrari racecars with a significant history cost much and much more than any current one would ever cost.

Oh I believe it. Generally it seems Pd tries to keep car prices reasonably accurate, So, yea, I do believe that.
 
I have a feeling there are a lot more cars we don't see yet so people, please stop commenting on whether cars are in the game or not because this is obviously not a master list.

You said you have a feeling so how can it be obvious? It may be the full car list, who knows?
 
sorry, Confused it with the MC12.
Maserati is a sister company of Ferrari so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some design influences

Don´t feel sorry, i got surprise thats all.
 
FXX is a combination between Ferrari and Maserati isn't it?

Nope. The FXX was is a Track Day version of the Enzo, like the 360 Challenge, F430 Scuderia, the 599XX and the new 458 Scuderia car that was debuted at SEMA.

The Maserati GranTurismo (and most, if not all, current Maseratis) do have Ferrari V8s, but they share more in common with the 458/F430 line than the Enzo line.
 
Only if the wear is off ;). Otherwise you will not even can drive 1 round at the green hell, because your wheels are getting very bad.
the soft tyre is not so soft in the 2010 f1 season in many races some drivers has done over half of the gp on soft tyres :)
 
Has anybody else noticed how Turismo Tuesdays on Gamestop website has started updating again for the past couple of weeks?

I know that soon after the nov2nd delay annoucement, they stopped updating their "countdown" but now for 3 weeks straights they started the countdown again.

In theory, this means they believe the game will definitely be out in 2 weeks, probably nov 23rd??

Here's hoping :)

Thats what I think too, minus the fact that everything is old vids.
 
I can't be the only one who thinks this release may go horribly wrong. I could see tons of stores selling the game prior to the release(especially in Europe). Buyers pissed cause some people are able to buy it while they can not. Amazon shipping copies early. And since so many people will attain the game before release, stores will have to sell early copies just to cope with competition.

I agree, it's shaping up to be a real nightmare. :nervous:
 
Nope. The FXX was is a Track Day version of the Enzo, like the 360 Challenge, F430 Scuderia, the 599XX and the new 458 Scuderia car that was debuted at SEMA.

The Maserati GranTurismo (and most, if not all, current Maseratis) do have Ferrari V8s, but they share more in common with the 458/F430 line than the Enzo line.

Oh ok. thanks for clearing that up!:)
 
You said you have a feeling so how can it be obvious? It may be the full car list, who knows?
Hi there, nothing about this comment, i´ve just seen that you are from Sao Pablo...i lived in for 3 years...Guarulho´s street (rua);)
 
You. Have. To. Level. To. Get. This. On. The. Dealership. If. It. Exists. End. Of. Conversation.

And if it doesn't exist then I'm still surprised its not there. End. Of. Conversation.
 
The FXX is 100% Ferrari. It is co-developed with some owners of the Enzo. Basically a race version of it. Later on, the Maserati MC12, MC12 Corsa (race version) and the F599 GTB have basically all the same Enzo engine, with some modifications.

So off top enough ;)

I doubt that the shown cars, like the Ferraris are all you can get. Remember, in GT4 you had 3 possibilities to get a car from a brand. The new car dealer, the legendary dealer and also some from the used market.
Crossing fingers for Testarossa, Diablo, F50 and EB110 :)
 
I just don't see why the FXX isn't part of the Ferrari roster. :(



He's still in what appears to be the early level 10s. So it may yet to be unlocked.

I'm not too thrilled about this way of doing things but, meh. I guess, I can get used to things.
 
That's not far off from what a real P4 would actually cost in real life mind you, in fact I would say 20,000,000 is reasonably spot on (if you don't believe me check auction results on the web).
Classic Ferrari racecars with a significant history cost much and much more than any current one would ever cost.

The problem is: There are just a few people in the real-world who can afford these cars....

Remember the slogan ? : "The real Driving Simulator"
 
Has anybody else noticed how Turismo Tuesdays on Gamestop website has started updating again for the past couple of weeks?

(snip)

In theory, this means they believe the game will definitely be out in 2 weeks, probably nov 23rd??

I also got some indirect Nov 23rd information, from Amazon, and posted it here.

Fingers crossed.
 
ECP_00001.jpg
 
Remember, in GT4 you had 3 possibilities to get a car from a brand. The new car dealer, the legendary dealer and also some from the used market.
Crossing fingers for Testarossa, Diablo, F50 and EB110 :)

Wait what??? Legendary Market? WTF? Enlighten me? Or is this not in the NTSC version of GT4?
 
Nope. The FXX was is a Track Day version of the Enzo, like the 360 Challenge, F430 Scuderia, the 599XX and the new 458 Scuderia car that was debuted at SEMA.

The Maserati GranTurismo (and most, if not all, current Maseratis) do have Ferrari V8s, but they share more in common with the 458/F430 line than the Enzo line.

I'm sure he's talking about the MC12, which is essentially an Enzo. As the FXX is essentially a 'hot' (as if the standard wasn't hot enough) Enzo then they will share a lot.
 
Right, but GT5P did not restrict you from any race as long as you had the car. What I'm assuming is that PD will separate lobbies for different A-Spec levels, for example, 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 etc. I'm making these levels up. And within each lobby, cars will also be restricted like you can only drive low powered cars + karts in 0-10, some supercars in 10-20, most supercars + low powered rally in 20-30, SuperGT, DTM, Nascar, rest of Rally in 30-40, and finishing it up with Group C, LMP, F1, X1 in 40-50. Again, only assumptions.

But with this system, we can be assured that people who step into the more powerful cars have some skill in controlling the car. As much as PD can't 100% prevent punters, this system will force noob punters to stay in lower levels and never reach higher powerful cars unless they learn how to drive properly. Obviously, there will still be a few high level punters who like to muck around, it'll have a less impact on higher level racing.

Wouldn't that be redundant though? You race your own cars online, (whats in your garage) so obviously you would not even have said car if you were not atleast at said level. That's the way I see it.
 
someone make a motivational poster of him
 
Would be interesting to know what race in GT5 brings the most money in the shortest time ... :D than we could calculate the time for e.g. 15,000,000 credits.
In GT4 the best race was about 300.000 credits in 10 minutes (with selling the won mercedes), so 500 minutes / 8 and a half hours for 15,000,000 credits.
We need to have a good B-Spec driver for this and than we could lean back. But to train the B-Spec driver will cost much time as well.

Early on in GT4, there was the Rally d' Capri (I think that was it) with its Toyota Rally Raid Car that you could sell for a bundle. I never felt right about that one, so I'd pick a slow car.
 
You said you have a feeling so how can it be obvious? It may be the full car list, who knows?

Because cars that we know are confirmed aren't shown in the videos.
 
The FXX is 100% Ferrari. It is co-developed with some owners of the Enzo. Basically a race version of it. Later on, the Maserati MC12, MC12 Corsa (race version) and the F599 GTB have basically all the same Enzo engine, with some modifications.

So off top enough ;)

I doubt that the shown cars, like the Ferraris are all you can get. Remember, in GT4 you had 3 possibilities to get a car from a brand. The new car dealer, the legendary dealer and also some from the used market.
Crossing fingers for Testarossa, Diablo, F50 and EB110 :)

:tup:Testarossa, Diablo, EB110:tup:👍👍 F50...:indiff:
 
Back