GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,068 views
Wait what??? Legendary Market? WTF? Enlighten me? Or is this not in the NTSC version of GT4?

On some of the dealers there were two categories. Standard and legendary. classic were all the normal cars that you would find on the market and legendary was basically "classic" cars. like if you went into Mercedes legendary you'd find the original Benz Motorwagen
 
Hi there, nothing about this comment, i´ve just seen that you are from Sao Pablo...i lived in for 3 years...Guarulho´s street (rua);)

Cool! That's someone who, like me, knows about traffic jams! :cheers:
 
He's still in what appears to be the early level 10s. So it may yet to be unlocked.

I'm not too thrilled about this way of doing things but, meh. I guess, I can get used to things.

At least they (P.D) should have put in a hidden car icon beside the F1 car. Just so we know that the vehicle is hidden and requires to be owned by winning a series race.
 
I may have missed it, but how much are the early races paying off for winning in the early events? I'm hoping the prize money has gone up a little bit, but not enough to make collecting Cr. 20,000,000 too easy.
 
512BB (lvl 6)
F40 (lvl 11)
California (lvl 11)
599 (lvl 12)
F430 (lvl 12)
???612??? (lvl 13)
Scuderia (lvl 13)
458 (lvl 13)
Enzo (lvl 18)
330 P4 (lvl 21)
F10 '10 (lvl 24)
F2007 (lvl 24)

No F50 :(
No 512 TR :(
 
I've been skipping over most of the videos. I did watch the first one that was posted and had a look at the track list but have been ignoring everything else. I want to keep an element of surprise for when I play the game. In addition most of the videos are such poor quality I do not what to see these things for the first time in that type of res.

I just want to know when I can pick up my copy and hit the track.

Same here, I only watched the Miata cape ring, Head-tracking, Z4 cape ring and only like 10 secs of the Car price vid. I have not seen the Intro, track list vid and will stay away from the news page and directly jump into the forums. Especially when more tracks and cars get unlocked, I would hate to see "SPA CONFIRMED!" or "FXX CONFIRMED!" on the News section. I already kicked myself for looking at the name and layout of the mysterious SSR, because now it's lost its surprise for me. Sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone.
 
do I read correltly that discs are popping up in other parts of Europe????

Yeah... But, ive been busted already. They have my IP, and if i so much as breathe anything about the game, the hard drive gets wiped. Remotely. Including System Software and the OS... And my Web access point gets blocked from ever accessing PSN Again... I didnt even know half of that could be done!!! So PS3-515 Is staying offline till November... Or at least, GT5 will be... :nervous:
 
For people saying more cars will be unlocked later, if you look none of them cars are available to buy yet on his level, yet they are still viewable.

I don't think any cars are missing, and if they are that is one huge inconsistency to have some locked cars viewable and some not.

I'm pretty sure that is the premium only shop.
 
In the Dealership video, we can clearly see it is not the full. They said every car from GT PSP could transfer to GT5. If that is true, we are missing 8 Mercedes.
 
512BB (lvl 6)
F40 (lvl 11)
California (lvl 11)
599 (lvl 12)
F430 (lvl 12)
???612??? (lvl 13)
Scuderia (lvl 13)
458 (lvl 13)
Enzo (lvl 18)
330 P4 (lvl 21)
F10 '10 (lvl 24)
F2007 (lvl 24)

No F50 :(
No 512 TR :(

How'd you get that Info?

And also is that based on going all the way up to level 40?
 
It's not surprising that the P4 is so expensive when you consider how rare it is. It's also worth taking into account that the P4 is the car that Kaz picked when TG mag asked him what's the one car in GT5 that he'd like to own. So it's obviously a car that Kaz sees as being very special.
 
Dealership = premium cars
Used Cars = Standard cars.

I hope not...but its possible.
 
I can't be the only one who thinks this release may go horribly wrong. I could see tons of stores selling the game prior to the release(especially in Europe). Buyers pissed cause some people are able to buy it while they can not. Amazon shipping copies early. And since so many people will attain the game before release, stores will have to sell early copies just to cope with competition.

Depends on how these copies 'got lost' in the first place, despite being an obvious cock-up on the part of Sony it seems, I somehow question the legitimacy of obtaining them.
'Fallen off a truck' comes to mind, and even when they're paid for the shops which sold them clearly didn't obey the rules set by Sony.
If it remains a few 'lost ones', I doubt other large retailers will sell them earlier than they're supposed to, do find this whole debacle very funny though and it hopefully speeds things up significantly.
 
For people saying more cars will be unlocked later, if you look none of them cars are available to buy yet on his level, yet they are still viewable.

I don't think any cars are missing, and if they are that is one huge inconsistency to have some locked cars viewable and some not.

I'm pretty sure that is the premium only shop.

They will still be available to buy. And notice they only show premium cars?

My best guess is:

1. They don't show cars you can only get by winning races / events / 50% (etc).

2. They only show premium cars.
 
Because cars that we know are confirmed aren't shown in the videos.

They might be standards, used, who knows?
I think the only thing we can't say is that something is obvious, at the moment. Except for Sony, who's obviously late
 
I think he means classic

Ohh, ok. I totally forgot about it. They are two different places but I forgot cuz I consider them one place. Mainly because regardless of age the car is acquired showroom new.
 
Dealership = premium cars
Used Cars = Standard cars.

I hope not...but its possible.

Nah i think they'll be spread out between the two. I hope that you start out with more standard cars and work your way to premium later on
 
Depends on how these copies 'got lost' in the first place, despite being an obvious cock-up on the part of Sony it seems, I somehow question the legitimacy of obtaining them.
'Fallen off a truck' comes to mind, and even when they're paid for the shops which sold them clearly didn't obey the rules set by Sony.
If it remains a few 'lost ones', I doubt other large retailers will sell them earlier than they're supposed to, do find this whole debacle very funny though and it hopefully speeds things up significantly.
Indeed - personally I don't care how bad they mess up the launch as long as I can finally play the damn thing! :lol:
 
They will still be available to buy. And notice they only show premium cars?

My best guess is:

1. They don't show cars you can only get by winning races / events / 50% (etc).

2. They only show premium cars.

Also no one decided to check a manufacturer that said cars available to purchase from this manufacturer at your level-0.

NVm, I see the levels at the bottom corner of each machine logo.
 
Dealership = premium cars
Used Cars = Standard cars.

I hope not...but its possible.
I think all price cars are left out, for example in GT4 there were some dealerships with cars that could only be won, maybe they took them out of the list?
Also these are probably only the premiums...
 
Has anybody else noticed how Turismo Tuesdays on Gamestop website has started updating again for the past couple of weeks?

I know that soon after the nov2nd delay annoucement, they stopped updating their "countdown" but now for 3 weeks straights they started the countdown again.

In theory, this means they believe the game will definitely be out in 2 weeks, probably nov 23rd??

Here's hoping :)

It has been said already since the first day GameStop Stop delivering .. ;)

someone make a motivational poster of him

something like this:

 
Consider the fact that new cars to the game are all scanned and created as premiums, all old cars in the series are standard. Standards will probably be in the used car lots
 
For people saying more cars will be unlocked later, if you look none of them cars are available to buy yet on his level, yet they are still viewable.

I don't think any cars are missing, and if they are that is one huge inconsistency to have some locked cars viewable and some not.

I'm pretty sure that is the premium only shop.

From what i've seen all cars had a price there. In GT4 some cars where " -, "
The only way to get them was to ern them. I think this could be the case, just you don't see those "priceless" cars.
 
Consider the fact that new cars to the game are all scanned and created as premiums, all old cars in the series are standard. Standards will probably be in the used car lots

So basically the only difference between this game and GT4 is 200 new cars with interior view and some cool effects. Never actually thought of it that way.
 
From what i've seen all cars had a price there. In GT4 some cars where " -, "
The only way to get them was to ern them. I think this could be the case, just you don't see those "priceless" cars.

Do you mean you can't see the prize cars, that could be a possibility. They might never be there and just end up straight in your delivery lorry :D
 
@owen93 as much as thats obvious, another obvious thing is that (as i mentioned in another thread) ART Morrison, ASL and AMUSE (all in the A section) have Confirmed Premium Cars, yet the dealers arent visible.

Unless they are in Used Cars, in which case, Used Cars is for both standard AND premium, where as Dealerships are only Premium "new" cars.
 
Dealership = premium cars
Used Cars = Standard cars.

I hope not...but its possible.

I hope not too, but I think some of the used cars are very nice in the sense that they are a lot of car for the money and a lot of fun to drive and they know that and will hopefully make a percentage of them premium.
 
Back