GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,635 views
The G27 clutch works as well. Hit the triangle and the press the clutch in to activate it.

I hope we don't have to do this in GT5. I've been playing NFS:Shift demo recently to get used to my new G27 (Obutto oZone cockpit still isn't here, but whatever) and it just automatically uses the clutch if I have it set to manual clutch in the options.
 
No engine swaps makes me a little sad. A V8 Miata is possible in reality, I'd love to see that. Also all the Hondas that can pretty much swap amongst each other. GT6 better have everything seriously.
 
Engine swaps are overrated, there's more involved with just dropping in some big engine and saying go.
 
Engine swaps are overrated, there's more involved with just dropping in some big engine and saying go.

Yes but if Forza 3 has them, why can't GT5? That's my point.
 
Yes but if Forza 3 has them, why can't GT5? That's my point.

Because we don't want people dropping Veyron engines into X1s.
 
Yes but if Forza 3 has them, why can't GT5? That's my point.

GT5 has weather why does Forza not have it? Your point is weak man. I want swaps also but they are not in time to move on.
 
I hope we don't have to do this in GT5. I've been playing NFS:Shift demo recently to get used to my new G27 (Obutto oZone cockpit still isn't here, but whatever) and it just automatically uses the clutch if I have it set to manual clutch in the options.

I remember seeing somewhere that it was added at the last moment and that is how they implemented it. The full version should have it 3 different ways like NFS shift. Auto, Manual, Manual w/clutch. They should also have the paddle shifters working. If not it forces us to use auto or modify the gears for cars with more than 6 gears again.
 
The G27 clutch works as well. Hit the triangle and the press the clutch in to activate it.

I hope we don't have to do this in GT5. I've been playing NFS:Shift demo recently to get used to my new G27 (Obutto oZone cockpit still isn't here, but whatever) and it just automatically uses the clutch if I have it set to manual clutch in the options.

Yeah I'm sure they would have made it so it just works all the time if you have it turned on, iv got NFS: Shift and enjoy the clutch feature in that game.
 
Yeah looks like extensive tuning in this video to me, but then it could be black ops and I wouldn't be able to tell.



Have a look at 1:55 you can START THE CAR UP from the garage!!! SWEEEEEEEET!!!!

or at least it does so when you 'change to" the car.
 
because GT is much bigger than Forza and may not have the room. plus....it really doesn't matter that much does it? you can tune the car just fine as it is. whats the point of just pressing a button and being like, "hah! your car sucks! i just dropped a LS7 in my car." that's all you want? one button? huh? <<< j/k :P
 
I hope we don't have to do this in GT5. I've been playing NFS:Shift demo recently to get used to my new G27 (Obutto oZone cockpit still isn't here, but whatever) and it just automatically uses the clutch if I have it set to manual clutch in the options.

Our Obutto's will ship on the 11th. Just a few more days :)
 
It looks like the hood on the LF-A is damaged.

fvyba0.gif

gif credit to SolidSnakex
 
I am totally believing that Sony is behind all this GT5 leakage to keep everyone on their toes. It might not have been intentional, as some employees might have ran off with GT5 copies illegally. But Sony would've been able to track these thieves rather quickly. Simply look at the missing batch number and figure out which time slot the employee could have ran off with the game, then go take a good look at security cameras and Bam, there goes your suspect. Another way to track them down is through PSN. The guy was online when he filmed Cape Ring, so it's not difficult to track the people who played GT5 and figure out IP address and such.

In most likely cases, Sony already got hold of them and probably struck a deal to let them keep their copies, but must keep their lips shut and can only upload videos that are pre-approved by Sony. Otherwise, they will be looking at a fat lawsuit and possible jail time.

On a side note, I'm going to make an educated guess that Sony won't announce GT5's release date until after NFS: HP and Assassin's Creed comes out, even if the date is one week away from announcement.
 
It looks like the hood on the LF-A is damaged.

fvyba0.gif

gif credit to SolidSnakex

Damn that is sweet, yea it looks like the hood is messed up.
 
Yes but if Forza 3 has them, why can't GT5? That's my point.

True but other than livery and engine swaps, what does Forza have on GT5 is the real question.
 
you guys don't get my point at all. Engine swaps for cars that the swaps are popular. AKA: B18 Integra motors into old Civics. Corvette motors into old Camaros. etc there aren't that many. I'm not saying put a Veyron engine in an X1 or anything insane and costly.
 
you guys don't get my point at all. Engine swaps for cars that the swaps are popular. AKA: B18 Integra motors into old Civics. Corvette motors into old Camaros. etc there aren't that many. I'm not saying put a Veyron engine in an X1 or anything insane and costly.

There is an engine swaps thread here, where it has been discussed in great detail. Most people who commented are with you; engine swaps would add to the experience in most cases. However, it could dilute the "car encyclopaedia" element, in removing the "necessity" to try lots of other cars, and instead just finding a popular chassis and dropping a new engine in it.

Clearly Kaz has decided it won't make the cut this time (or ever, who knows).
 
Our Obutto's will ship on the 11th. Just a few more days :)

I know. I'm excited. I might have to go buy GT5:P just to have something to drive. I can only entertain myself with the NFS Shift demo for so long.

I beat that game a while ago using a Dual Shock. Using the a wheel is hard enough. Using a wheel while trying to remember to shift and use a clutch and drive on pro settings, all for the first time in a long time, is really, really hard.

I keep spinning out and then stalling it. The sad thing is I used to drive a manual in real life, but there's just so many things to think about while racing.
 
It looks like the hood on the LF-A is damaged.

fvyba0.gif

gif credit to SolidSnakex

Thats whats called a specially designed intake.
 
Back