GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,600 views
Yep, Sirius/XM has 24 hour a day Christmas music of various genres. Yet more proof we are IN the holiday season!

So, where's GT5!
 
Nope! But most young people would answer yes.

Well, this young person would agree. In fact, most the time I played GT games, its not even with the Supercars.
 
Ok les leave the GT v Forza topic alone now, these things never come to good conclusions.
 
What's so excellent about it compared to GT5's?

Exactly. If your thinking of names like Porsche,it is one of the big names that GT doesn't have. Reason. Money. Sony didn't want to spend the big money to acquire certain licenses that would have allow damageable big name manufacturers. Microsoft's bank account could probably buy a continent if they wanted, so they didn't mind. Out of 1000 cars, most of us will have 15-30 cars or less that we like to use so not having every manufacturer in, won't hurt. At least we got some new manufacturers aboard for the series this go around.
 
GT5 is being released in the U.S around thanksgiving. Today I attended the grand opening of the new Playstation Lounge in NYC. I asked one of the representatives about the release and his words were "its coming out on a holiday during this month, I can't get more specific than that, sorry." The only holiday this month is Thanksgiving so I guess now we just have to know the exact day.
 
Wow, people are really over reacting. If anybody here has played Forza, they know it has lots of low end cars, lots of super cars, and lots of classics as well. GT5 isn't just missing high end cars, and unless the game has hidden cars that we don't know about yet, no 5.0 Mustang, no Genesis coupe, MC 12, basically a lot of cars one would think any racing game has.
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010.
And GT5 doesn't?

sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,
Most childish claim of the day maybe?
 
Jason, I love the "quirky" and common cars just as much as the next guy... maybe more. But I will never outgrow my love of exotic hypercars :sly:
 
GT5 is being released in the U.S around thanksgiving. Today I attended the grand opening of the new Playstation Lounge in NYC. I asked one of the representatives about the release and his words were "its coming out on a holiday during this month, I can't get more specific than that, sorry." The only holiday this month is Thanksgiving so I guess now we just have to know the exact day.

That makes no sense. None. Who would release a game on Thanksgiving? Nothing is open.... That's only slightly less stupid than releasing something on Christmas.
 
GT5 is being released in the U.S around thanksgiving. Today I attended the grand opening of the new Playstation Lounge in NYC. I asked one of the representatives about the release and his words were "its coming out on a holiday during this month, I can't get more specific than that, sorry." The only holiday this month is Thanksgiving so I guess now we just have to know the exact day.

No offence, but some rep at a game show still won't cut is as confirmation on this forum. Until it's in writing, it's all speculation still.
 
That makes no sense. None. Who would release a game on Thanksgiving? Nothing is open.... That's only slightly less stupid than releasing something on Christmas.

The day after? Not a bad idea!
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

I don't really like tuned cars, but think it's acceptable to improve cheap/everyday cars, if you like.
On the other hand, tuning Ferraris, Zondas, even Porsches, should be severely punishable.:grumpy:
 
Jason, I love the "quirky" and common cars just as much as the next guy... maybe more. But I will never outgrow my love of exotic hypercars :sly:

And that is fine. I don't mean to sound like i don't like to drive all the different types of cars offered in GT. But that's what makes GT so great. The diversity of car culture is there for everyone to enjoy.
 
That makes no sense. None. Who would release a game on Thanksgiving? Nothing is open.... That's only slightly less stupid than releasing something on Christmas.

Well, I asked again and he would not comment any further. I really hope its true.
 
That makes no sense. None. Who would release a game on Thanksgiving? Nothing is open.... That's only slightly less stupid than releasing something on Christmas.

Not for nothing, but Walmart's shed all decency. Last year, they remained open throughout Thanksgiving. So, that's who's open.
 
Well, yeah. Walmart, but, ya know, evil never sleeps and all.

I meant real stores, that don't hate their employees.
 
yes but so far sony has denied any chance of releasing a release date soon.

So that means its not coming out this year? Need a source please.
 
Denied as in they are not saying whether it will come out or not.
 
I've said this 2 months ago and I'll stick to it, Sony would be wise to release GT5 near Thanksgiving or Black Friday, which is the best selling day of the year.
 
Well, yeah. Walmart, but, ya know, evil never sleeps and all.

I meant real stores, that don't hate their employees.

Haha. If that employee who said it's releasing on a holiday this month is to be believed, I would think he meant to say "releasing AROUND a holiday this month."
 
I'm betting around the 23rd or the 24th for the US..
 
So, aside from the Zonda R in the rain, and the menu/dealers, anything else new?
 
NOW: just relax









ok, now you can continue :)
(just for fun)
Gran-Turismo-5-Collector%C2%B4s-Edition-640x496.jpg
 
Back