GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,672 views
:indiff:

You know if there were engine swaps they would be so finely regulated and restricted, it would be more of a pain than a pleasure. Imagine wanting to swap X engine into X car, because it's actually possible and you've always wanted to... 👎 GT5 says no.

Not worth the BS
 
Isn't there a Czech GTPlanet user here who will receive one of the leaked copies for a couple days this weekend?
He said he would post complete info about the game as soon as he obtains it. That would debunk the "controller leak" theory.
 
I know. I'm excited. I might have to go buy GT5:P just to have something to drive. I can only entertain myself with the NFS Shift demo for so long.

I beat that game a while ago using a Dual Shock. Using the a wheel is hard enough. Using a wheel while trying to remember to shift and use a clutch and drive on pro settings, all for the first time in a long time, is really, really hard.

I keep spinning out and then stalling it. The sad thing is I used to drive a manual in real life, but there's just so many things to think about while racing.

that's what I'm worried about too. I think after a week or so I'll be okay. I've been driving stick for 8 years, maybe this will help condition me to start tracking my car next season.
 
What's so excellent about it compared to GT5's?

It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,
 
There's a bigger gap on the right side of the car's hood.

This. The engine is so lively it wants to come out :)

Thats whats called a specially designed intake.

Not the gap between the bumper and the hood. Look at the both sides of the hood and tell me they are uneven because they are.
 
Isn't there a Czech GTPlanet user here who will receive one of the leaked copies for a couple days this weekend?
He said he would post complete info about the game as soon as he obtains it. That would debunk the "controller leak" theory.

Right, forgot about that.
 
I like GT5 list better because I prefer driving cars that are within my reach someday. Forza just has mostly dream cars.
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

agree with you 100%. but i'm ecstatic both the mclaren f1 and 12c are in this.
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

That is generalizing, sir!


There are exponentially more Skylines than all of those cars put together :P
 
Everywhere I look, it seems fine. Maybe it's just the camera angle.
On the right side of the car the hood appears to pop up a little bit when the car bounces.
 
Woohoo another FM vs GT war....Should we invite a mod to the party?
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:
 
On the right side of the car the hood appears to pop up a little bit when the car bounces.

This person sees it 👍
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

:crazy:

BTW- GT5 keeps your options open, too! 3 out of 4 ain't bad!
 
Stop with the Forza vs GT argument please. Its not helping.
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

GT is great and was a revelation at the time for allowing you to drive the car you owned. There are tonnes of games full of supercars and the like. Not many with Ka's, Fiesta's, Corsa's, 106's and other family cars.

That what makes it so good!

Forza is a good game as well but lets not take away from GT5's cars.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

Nope, sure they'll be fun but I'm sure I'll be spending most my time in cars like you mentioned.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

Same here i hate supercars! And another thing 50 supra's? GT4 only had 4.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:
Probably not alone, but definitely not the majority. Also, I think Forza has all those cars anyways. The only things GT5 has the Forza doesn't is redundancy and Quirky cars no one really is gonna drive more than Once. I play GT5 because the physics are superior.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

No man Its really no right or wrong answer its up to the player. 👍
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

I wouldn't go with those same cars, but for me the appeal of GT is the amount of road cars that you actually see driving home from work. I have never seen a Koenigsegg, SLS or Zondo on the road. Have seen an Enzo though :dopey:
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:
Nope! But most young people would answer yes.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

No. Supercars are what fill the grid in every other racing game. It is boring. Every day cars are the foundation of GT. Supercars are fun in small doses and should stay that way.
 
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

I guess all the worthy cars are only the exotics or the sporty cars huh?

Kazunori grabbed cars from all eras of automotives. This isn't Forza where the only cars available are what you call "relevant" to today.

This is such an ignorant post.

Add to that we haven't even gotten a full car list and the ones that we did see we were surprised with.

I highly doubt anyone in this forum would have seen coming that the Ferrari F10 would be available in the game.

There are still a bunch of surprises.
 
Am i alone when i say i'd rather drive an AE86, FD3S, STI or BNR32 stock/lightly tuned rather than a Koenigsegg, SLS, Zonda or Enzo? :guilty:

Same here. Prefer to drive the GT1 (ie, race class not Gran Turismo 1) style race cars, then the likes of old skool Japanese cars like the AE86. Never found it enjoyable racing supercars like Enzos and Zondas.
 

Is that a yes? Im just tired of hearing people think they've got this game nailed down just buy throwing in a big turbo and making a big Hp number. there is much more to tuning in this game when it comes to setups for different tracks and changing the power/suspension/gearing (visibly on the "dyno" graph as well) for each track.
 
Back