GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,493 views
It pretty much as everything that is relevant to today. Porsche, Koineggseggs, it has pretty much all the cars that I think most people want in a racing game for 2010. sure GT5 has a 1000 cars, but we really got are 50 skylines, 50 evos, 50 imprezas, 50 civics, 50 supras, 50 MX-5s, no porsche,

Yes (probably) and ?

I want to drive a spec II nur Skyline, a spec C sti impreza and 93 civic siR. So 50 of each model works fine for me, if you can't tell the different between the 50 versions, its not really my problem.
 
Thats whats called a specially designed intake.

I think he knows that, but there is a bigger gap in the right side of the car.
 
That makes no sense. None. Who would release a game on Thanksgiving? Nothing is open.... That's only slightly less stupid than releasing something on Christmas.

lol. You caught that too. The 23rd makes the most sense. The 30th and beyond doesn't work because not only do they miss Black Friday, but they miss Cyber Monday as well. On top of that, they'd piss off all the pre-ordered people if we had to get the game on the same day as others on either of the two big shopping days I mentioned. We want the game at midnight releases or next sun up to have time to bury our minds into this game.
 
Last edited:
lol. You caught that too. The 23rd makes the most sense. The 30th and beyond doesn't work because not only do they miss Black Friday, but they miss Cyber Monday as well. On top of that, they'd piss off all the pre-ordered people if we had to get the game on the same day on either of the two big shopping days I mentioned. We want the game at midnight releases or next sun up to have time to bury our minds into this game.

I'm leaning towards Nov 23 also man 👍
 
I've said this 2 months ago and I'll stick to it, Sony would be wise to release GT5 near Thanksgiving or Black Friday, which is the best selling day of the year.

This, it would stupid to release the game any later.
 
Exactly. If your thinking of names like Porsche,it is one of the big names that GT doesn't have. Reason. Money. Sony didn't want to spend the big money to acquire certain licenses that would have allow damageable big name manufacturers. Microsoft's bank account could probably buy a continent if they wanted, so they didn't mind. Out of 1000 cars, most of us will have 15-30 cars or less that we like to use so not having every manufacturer in, won't hurt. At least we got some new manufacturers aboard for the series this go around.


Sadly you're ill-informed, just wiki Microsoft and Sony/SCE and you can see that if anything, Sony has more money. And there's no info on how much Microsoft pumps into their entertainment division and SCE almost equals the entire of Microsoft in assets alone. Sony can get whatever they want money-wise just as much as Microsoft can.

I'm guessing it was less to do with money, and more to do with not being able to reach an agreement, or Porsche having already licensed exclusive rights to another company.
 
If I have to fight Black Friday crowds to go pick up my pre-order I'm gonna be a little annoyed, as I assume many people would be. My Gamestop shares a parking lot with a Wal-Mart and a ton of other things. I'd be lucky to park within a half mile that morning.

I'd prefer they don't release on a Tuesday though, because if they do I'll have to take a day off. If they release on a Friday then I'm home anyway since I work 4x10.
 
The best solution to this problem is of people who have the leaked version
upload the game to torrents and will sony give us release date xD
 
Yeah 23rd and 24th make most sense.

What days to games usually release in the USA?
 
Yes, let's release the game before the Madrid launch party. That makes sense.
 
I'm just happy my GS is doing a late night opening! I will be playing GT5 around 12:10. :lol:
 
GT5 is being released in the U.S around thanksgiving. Today I attended the grand opening of the new Playstation Lounge in NYC. I asked one of the representatives about the release and his words were "its coming out on a holiday during this month, I can't get more specific than that, sorry." The only holiday this month is Thanksgiving so I guess now we just have to know the exact day.

If this is true, don't forget about Black Friday...sure it is not an official holiday in the U.S., but everyone in the U.S. knows when it is, so it might as well be.

Also, the game doesn't have to come out on a Tuesday, its not law or anything.
 
Yes, let's release the game before the Madrid launch party. That makes sense.
I´m from Spain and i don´t know and here nobody says nothing about it...WHEN IS THAT PARTY???
 
I'm just happy my GS is doing a late night opening! I will be playing GT5 around 12:10. :lol:

Source? How do they know this? What date? Are all GS doing midnight release? That would make me very happy.
 
I've always said the 30th, or else December. But 23rd works too. I wasn't taking into account thanksgiving etc when I said the 30th since we dont celebrate that in New Zealand
 
Black Friday is a terrible day for GT5 release. A lot of people are out of town, and people with sanity avoid shopping that day because of the crazy crowd. Best is the 23rd, so we can enjoy the game over the extra long weekend.
 
The game will be release in US November 30, EU December 1st and UK if it is not the same day December 2.
 
Source? How do they know this? What date? Are all GS doing midnight release? That would make me very happy.

:lol: When the game finally comes out they will be doing a midnight release the GS employee told me that they have enough Pre orders to do a midnight release.
 
ktr
Black Friday is a terrible day for GT5 release. A lot of people are out of town, and people with sanity avoid shopping that day because of the crazy crowd. Best is the 23rd, so we can enjoy the game over the extra long weekend.

So taking what you said, and remembering this is Sony releasing GT5, I'd say that their is a 99% chance it will come out on Black Friday ;)

I agree though, I've been out on Black Friday before and it is crazy. Around here most game retailers are around our mall which is an explosion of cars and people on Black Friday
 
please shut up with the release dates. Nobody knows.
 
Back