GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,635 views
Has anyone ordered GT5 from here?

Ready to ship

Discussed just a couple pages before this one. Most, including me, seen dubious, but one guy says he'll give it a go to see what happens.

Our collective breath is bated.
 
Has anyone ordered GT5 from here?

Ready to ship

WAY too expensive. Not to mention, the store is pretty generic and bland. I'd wait the two or three extra weeks.

Now I can't unthink my think about you ...... "there's a hole in the middle of the Blu-ray ........" :yuck:

Even Asians aren't that small. :yuck:

That CVG article is tied directly to the bogus IGN_UK tweet. CVG didn't even tell us what exactly they asked the SCEA rep., however that is beside the point, as it doesn't really pertain to the amar212's "Winds are whispering about number twenty four."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24292371&postcount=5380

Was their announcement really necessary? I mean common sense says it wont be out at an uncanny day.

Funny how they'll only speak up to nullify a rumored release date. Not only they'll not announce a release date, but also squash any rumors regarding the unannounced release date. Ugh.
 
Last edited:
Discussed just a couple pages before this one. Most, including me, seen dubious, but one guy says he'll give it a go to see what happens.

Our collective breath is bated.

My bad, sorry. Tempting given the lack of news fromSony.
 
Im calling your bluff, you have over 1000+ posts, have started several threads and have a premium membership to GTP... You'll get this game ASAP :) lol

I use to do the Photomode stuff back in GT4, then went missing for years.

I have a Premium Membership because, well, why not support the work of the admins here?

Quite often I donate to sites. Well, when I had a decent job, lol.

If you earn enough, give to support those who either need it, or deserve it!
 
Oh my God . . .

Is this who i think it is? TRANSLATOR-SAN!

20101109-045453.jpg


I found this looking for information on the 2008 SEMA winner.
 
I'm in Edmonton, Canada and my local EBgames has the Best buy demo from the states now. The graphics sucked very much, basically no AA and on replays the screen just went white with black horizontal lines LOL. I went to the PS3's System menu and it was still jaggy with no AA and it was running in 1080i so i think they have a ****** setup.


The Boucher listed December 7,2010 for release date and i talked to the cashier guy and he said Nov 30 or earlier looks very unlikely. :(
But i'm still betting on Nov 23 PLEASE GOD. :scared:
 
I'm in Edmonton, Canada and my local EBgames has the Best buy demo from the states now. The graphics sucked very much, basically no AA and on replays the screen just went white with black horizontal lines LOL. I went to the PS3's System menu and it was still jaggy with no AA and it was running in 1080i so i think they have a ****** setup.


The Boucher listed December 7,2010 for release date and i talked to the cashier guy and he said Nov 30 or earlier looks very unlikely. :(
But i'm still betting on Nov 23 PLEASE GOD. :scared:

Yooooo, I'm in Edmonton as well. Where did you find the Best Buy demo?
 
oh my god . . .

Is this who i think it is? Translator-san!

20101109-045453.jpg


i found this looking for information on the 2008 sema winner.

haha yesss
 

Standard car garage?
 
WAY too expensive. Not to mention, the store is pretty generic and bland. I'd wait the two or three extra weeks.



Even Asians aren't that small. :yuck:



Was their announcement really necessary? I mean common sense says it wont be out at an uncanny day.

Funny how they'll only speak up to nullify a rumored release date. Beating a dead horse when it's buried six feet under already. Not only they'll not announce a release date, but also squash any rumors regarding the unannounced release date. Ugh.

Sony had better move quickly, because all of the videos going up are just making this wait feel like some avant-garde parody.
 
As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.


If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, atleast for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that
 
Standard car garage?

I think so. Yea that video has better quality than the other one I saw they look pretty good.
 
Last edited:
Can anyone recognize these logos?

Screenshot2010-11-09at101057PM.png


Top left: Obscured
Middle left: Gran Turismo
Bottom left: Grand Touring Garage
Top middle: UNKNOWN
Middle: UNKNOWN
Bottom middle: HPA Motorsports
Top right: Mine's
Middle right:RE Amemiya?
Bottom right: Spoon
 
^I actually like the standard and premium car garages. Makes it easier to keep track of the cars.

But I wished that he had used a different color car...I wanted to see the lighting effects.
 
Sony had better move quickly, because all of the videos going up are just making this wait feel like some avant-garde parody.

I'm too stupid to have experienced avant-garde acts...

I'll be leaning more on the conspiracy side though. This is all an act simply to increase hype and popularity and in turn increase sales (I tend not to underestimate the power of greed).
 
How quickly will there be used GT5s available at gamestop after launch you guys think? If it's less than a couple of weeks I'll cancel my order right now.

You do realize that a used version of something that recent is going to be pretty much the same price as a new version. You're really not doing yourself any favors and on top of that every GT has sold well over 10million units and I'm pretty sure GT5 will set the record for most GTs sold; it's just an intuition. But yea, my point is a couple people deciding to buy a used copy instead isn't going to make much of a statement, you're only giving your money to another company that has nothing to do with GT other than distribution..
 
As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.


If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, atleast for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that

Maybe Sony ISN'T stupid >.<
 
it doesn't really pertain to the amar212's "Winds are whispering about number twenty four."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24292371&postcount=5380

nov 24 is the official release date...the game has already shipped to countrues in the scee region

like i said a few pages back the final release date is 24 nov...the game is already shipped to eu and asia countires...dont know bout others....i would expect to leak in stores in middle east very soon

nov 24...take that to the bank :D

there it is
 
Last edited:
As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.


If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, atleast for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that

Or more silence and suddenly it's Xmas :sick:
 
I just want to comment on the engine swap talk I have saw scattered here and there in this thread. First of all It really does not matter to me if GT5 includes any type of engine swap or not. I would like it if it does and I would like it if it does not. Either way it will be a great game.

For those that seem to think Forza allows you to throw just any engine in just any car that is far from accurate. Forza does allow engine swaps in many/most cars but the engine must be from the same company at least. For example you can put a Vette engine in a Camaro or a Firebird or a Chevelle. You can not put that engine in a Mustang or a VW or any non GM car. This holds true across the board Ford engines in Ford cars, GM engines in GM cars, Porsche engines in Porsches. This is not a bad thing. Where Forza really drops the ball on upgrades and I hope I never see this in GT is the AWD swaps in a large number of cars.

Again, engine swaps are fine if they are in or out, race mods are more important for going fast in lower class cars anyway. No matter how much HP you put in a car it will only run as fast as on the track as the tires and aero allow.
 
With all due respect to Amar, the winds are howling many different numbers.
 
Anyone know if the zonda rain video from earlier is still up? Can you post the link to it? Just the link, don't embed.
 
Seeing if the game sucks it is traded in faster...if the game drives like Prologue then you may see used ones quickly look back to a few GTA releases I had a friend get a copy and traded it in that week...

Prologue is 2.5 years old. It is also a building tool for GT5 and beyond. It is impossible to be worst than its own building block. One who has owned any or all the previous GT's will not be trading this one in. I am 99.98% sure of that. E3 demos and trailers are very convincing that this title will be a greatest hits as soon as it hits the shelves. They have leave this game at 60 bucks for a whole year and it will still sell.
 
So Sony is denying that it will release later this month? Screw it, I'm cancelling my preorder tomorrow
 
So Sony is denying that it will release later this month? Screw it, I'm cancelling my preorder tomorrow

No, they're not.

Holy crap, some of you need to learn how businesses work, and why they just don't go out on a whim and spout off dates because other people want them to.

Sony refused to comment on it, because they wouldn't win if they commented either way. It's a lose/lose situation, and they played it smart, which is what ANY business would do.
 
If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, at least for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that

Well, except for the "u" (bleh), spoken like a true marketing weasel.

Don't take offense; I are one too. I think your analysis is spot-on. Whether or not Sony is savvy enough to conceive of and execute it is another matter entirely.

After all, look at the clumsy way they handled the last-minute delay.
 
Back