GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,665 views

Standard car garage?

Can anybody make out the cars in the standard garage? I think the 1st one is a Mazda Miata MX-5 1800.
 
Last edited:
Oh my God . . .

Is this who i think it is? TRANSLATOR-SAN!

20101109-045453.jpg


I found this looking for information on the 2008 SEMA winner.

Where's Kaz?
 


Standard car garage?


Yea, number one, I think the standard cars look fine. It is tough to really tell, but judging from that I don't think I'll be disappointed with the graphical quality. However, there will definitely be times I will want to race some of my favorite standards in cockpit.

Number two is that some of you guys that are good at recognizing cars/car brands should keep an eye out to see if any extra dealerships have been added as that person has leveled up.

Number three, I am trying my hardest to figure out what the "Grand Tour" Special Event is. :confused:
 

Standard car garage?

Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this, BUT!!!! the Mazda MX5 1800 is under the standard car garage, But in an earlier video we clearly saw him switch to a cockpit view...

Now I put the standard/premium fiasco to bed long ago but I'm stumped to hell with this one...:crazy:
 
Yea, number one, I think the standard cars look fine. It is tough to really tell, but judging from that I don't think I'll be disappointed with the graphical quality. However, there will definitely be times I will want to race some of my favorite standards in cockpit.

Number two is that some of you guys that are good at recognizing cars/car brands should keep an eye out to see if any extra dealerships have been added as that person has leveled up.

Number three, I am trying my hardest to figure out what the "Grand Tour" Special Event is. :confused:

This is how I feel man thats the only thing that burns me. I think they also look good and probably look better on my HD TV 👍
 
Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this, BUT!!!! the Mazda MX5 1800 is under the standard car garage, But in an earlier video we clearly saw him switch to a cockpit view...

Now I put the standard/premium fiasco to bed long ago but I'm stumped to hell with this one...:crazy:

That is a MX-4 1800
 
Thanks for the link Predwolf. Searched all night on my phone and couldn't find it.
 
Where's Kaz?

He's more than likely rocking back and forth in his room thinking how can I recreate that bolt no one will ever see, without going onto another bluray disc...
Poor Kaz, OCD is a real diesese people... remember that :sly:
 
starting the engine when you select the car, what an awesome feature im so glad it was a v8 to it sounds great
 
They can't release a release date until they know all the stores will have the game. Just think if they anounced a date and only some of the stores got it. Those people who had it pre-ordered at the store that hadn't received it yet would cancel their orders and go to the ones that got it. That would make a lot of retail outlets mad if that happened. I'm just hoping it'll be here in the US on 11-23-10 since I'm leaving on 11-29-10 and wont be back till around 12-21-10.
 
Can anybody make out the cars in the standard garage? I think the 1st one is a Mazda Miata MK-4

Premium:
Volkswagen Kubelwagen
Daihatsu Copen Active Top
Mini Cooper S
Lambo Gallardo LP560-4
Toyota FT-86 Concept
PDI Kart

Standard:
MX-5 1800 RS '04
Citroen 2CV Type A '54
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sports Edition '00
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Suzuki Wagon R RR '98
Honda Z Act '70
Jensen Interceptor MK III '74
Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Buick Special '62
Subaru 360 '58
Shelby Mustang GT350R '65
Honda Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98
Nissan SilEighty '98
Hommell Berlinetta R/S Coupe '99
Honda Civic SiR-II '91
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sport Edition '00
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99

It's not that hard to ID them with the GTP guides for GT4... even with the awful video quality.
 
Really tempted to peek at the menus... but I want this game to feel somewhat new when I get it. :)
 
Prologue is 2.5 years old. It is also a building tool for GT5 and beyond. It is impossible to be worst than its own building block. One who has owned any or all the previous GT's will not be trading this one in. I am 99.98% sure of that. E3 demos and trailers are very convincing that this title will be a greatest hits as soon as it hits the shelves. They have leave this game at 60 bucks for a whole year and it will still sell.

GT5 better be way better than Prolouge with all the develop time. GTR2 is older than Prologue and has a better phyisic engine for a sim racer.I loved GT4 but found GTR2 to be a better driving game and hated Prologue major dissapointment:) But I am a sim racer not looking for bling or a crash derby game. I have high end gear and race cockpit setup....I am like the rest hoping it is all worth the wait:tup:
 
ahhhhh, noted... Although I thought there were only MX3, MX5 and MX6... :dunce:

if someone could post a pic of a Mazda MX4 or direct me to one I'd love to see it...

You know what man you might be right I really cant make out the number, just look at the video @ 1:33
 
Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this, BUT!!!! the Mazda MX5 1800 is under the standard car garage, But in an earlier video we clearly saw him switch to a cockpit view...

Now I put the standard/premium fiasco to bed long ago but I'm stumped to hell with this one...:crazy:

Different person uploaded the Cape Ring MX-5 video, maybe one of the MX-5s is a premium and the others are not? And coincidently they chose different models, one being standard the other premium?

That's my guess at least.

EDIT: Tree'd
 
Wow, a Lambo and the FT-86 Concept, already? Seems like it won't take too much doing to get the car you want.
 
Premium:
Volkswagen Kubelwagen
Daihatsu Copen Active Top
Mini Cooper S
Lambo Gallardo LP560-4
Toyota FT-86 Concept
PDI Kart

Standard:
MX-5 1800 RS '04
Citroen 2CV Type A '54
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sports Edition '00
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Suzuki Wagon R RR '98
Honda Z Act '70
Jensen Interceptor MK III '74
Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Buick Special '62
Subaru 360 '58
Shelby Mustang GT350R '65
Honda Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98
Nissan SilEighty '98
Hommell Berlinetta R/S Coupe '99
Honda Civic SiR-II '91
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sport Edition '00
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99

It's not that hard to ID them with the GTP guides for GT4... even with the awful video quality.

Thanks slip you are a beast. So I guess that video we saw of the Miata was not the MX-5 1800. because that car had a cockpit view.
 
Wow, a Lambo and the FT-86 Concept, already? Seems like it won't take too much doing to get the car you want.

He might have won the FT-86 concept, as it's a concept car... but also it will be sold, in real life, at a low price, so he could have bought it too, maybe...

The lambo? He clearly has been a busy boy on GT5 then! I bet it won't take that long to get anyway, if you put an hour or so aside to get it
 
Hi guys, with the recent showings of the dealerships, did the pointer happen to stumble across SEAT....?
 
He might have won the FT-86 concept, as it's a concept car... but also it will be sold, in real life, at a low price, so he could have bought it too, maybe...

The lambo? He clearly has been a busy boy on GT5 then! I bet it won't take that long to get anyway, if you put an hour or so aside to get it

I think all of those cars except the Mini Cooper, Kart racer (since it's only 5k) and the Lamborghini are prize cars.
 
You know what man you might be right I really cant make out the number, just look at the video @ 1:33

yeah its a swine to make out the numbers and letters perfectly with the focus blur... But the theory that there are multiple version of the MX5 could be true, I mean Im sure theres at least 4 or 5 on GTpsp alone...

So makes more sense than PD magically including cockpits on Standard cars.

Either way the cars look so good I could just watch the video clip on repeat... and the Shelby engine sound... oh my!:drool:
 
Methinks races will reward you with a lot more credits than in past GT games. I remember the Minolta in GT4 being 750,000 Cr. when sold, which translates to 3,000,000 Cr. new. In the videos we've seen I spotted cars with price tags fives times bigger than that :crazy:
 
starting the engine when you select the car, what an awesome feature im so glad it was a v8 to it sounds great

Super double mega win, now hopefully they have some sort of ignition system in game in case of stalls. All i would do is take cars into tunnels, turn em off, and fire them up again, linguine fettuccine martini bikini!💡

@okeyd Depends on the cars actual cost i guess, 20M for a 330-P4 sounds about right, just as 300k for a SV Lambo and 5k for a PDI 100 Kart.

BP\Abu Dhabi Focus WRC was about 800k

F1-10M

So i think LMPs will be around 4-5M Group C due to vintageness willl probably be something like 7-8M.

Although if the 'black beauties' make a return we could get a whole stable of LMPs for 8M used.

At first i thought maybe Premium cars would be more expensive. So until we see the USED lot, they are assumed to be evenly priced.
 
Last edited:
Back