GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,661 views
GT5 better be way better than Prolouge with all the develop time. GTR2 is older than Prologue and has a better phyisic engine for a sim racer.I loved GT4 but found GTR2 to be a better driving game and hated Prologue major dissapointment:) But I am a sim racer not looking for bling or a crash derby game. I have high end gear and race cockpit setup....I am like the rest hoping it is all worth the wait:tup:

Everyone has the right to their own opinions but GT5P undoubtedly has a much better driving physics than GT4 by miles as long as you switch it up to Professional physics. Personally, I wouldn't place GTR2 driving physics that much higher than GT5P although I commend the former for the stronger FFB. GT Academy, however, trounced GTR2 in both physics and FFB. It feels much more realistic and less "canned". You might get a bit more effects from GTR2 FFB but for most part it feels rather contrived.
 
No Holden? So much for Kazanori saying that every car from GT4 would be in 5
 
I know I'm late but after watching the dealership video, he goes into the Lamborghini dealership. I noticed it was missing the LP670 SV which is confirmed. Does this leave hope for a Diablo? Same with the Ferrari dealership, no F50, 599GTO, FXX, 512TR. Too many good ones left out. Hopefully they will be prize cars?
 
No Holden? So much for Kazanori saying that every car from GT4 would be in 5


There's a lot of cars that have'nt been seen yet .1000 car's are in there and we've only seen a selected few through the video's we've seen up till now .
There is also a lot of features that are either disabled or not been shown yet so I would'nt cross it off your wish list yet 👍
 
I know I'm late but after watching the dealership video, he goes into the Lamborghini dealership. I noticed it was missing the LP670 SV which is confirmed. Does this leave hope for a Diablo? Same with the Ferrari dealership, no F50, 599GTO, FXX, 512TR. Too many good ones left out. Hopefully they will be prize cars?

The LP670 SV is in one of the delearship vids, I'm can't remember which one, but it lasted 4 minutes exactly, I think
 
I know I'm late but after watching the dealership video, he goes into the Lamborghini dealership. I noticed it was missing the LP670 SV which is confirmed. Does this leave hope for a Diablo? Same with the Ferrari dealership, no F50, 599GTO, FXX, 512TR. Too many good ones left out. Hopefully they will be prize cars?

Fingers crossed. :)
 
There's a lot of cars that have'nt been seen yet .1000 car's are in there and we've only seen a selected few through the video's we've seen up till now .
There is also a lot of features that are either disabled or not been shown yet so I would'nt cross it off your wish list yet 👍

Yeah but it's not in the car maker list. So unless they've gotten rid of the commadore and monaro and put a V8 supercar in so it takes a longer time to unlock............... :)
 
Yeah but it's not in the car maker list. So unless they've gotten rid of the commadore and monaro and put a V8 supercar in so it takes a longer time to unlock............... :)


I'm sure I saw a vid with Level progression in it ,maybe it's further up the line or as my frail memory recollect's wasnt there an event on GT4 that had an aussie V8 as it's prize
 
Everyone has the right to their own opinions but GT5P undoubtedly has a much better driving physics than GT4 by miles as long as you switch it up to Professional physics. Personally, I wouldn't place GTR2 driving physics that much higher than GT5P although I commend the former for the stronger FFB. GT Academy, however, trounced GTR2 in both physics and FFB. It feels much more realistic and less "canned". You might get a bit more effects from GTR2 FFB but for most part it feels rather contrived.

Point taken:) I did get spoiled with the gt25 wheel after I installed the FFB mod Hoping the GT5 will support the G25 wheel I have a ton of cash tied up in it with brake pedal and ffb mods.GT5 with user changeable FFB setting would be sweet. Race07 is better than GTR2 in feel still liked the tire choices in GT4 and GTR2
 
The LP670 SV is in one of the delearship vids, I'm can't remember which one, but it lasted 4 minutes exactly, I think

Yeah, you're right, I watched it again, it is there. I hope the Diablo will atleast be a prize car then. How can you have the Lamborghini license and not include the Diablo? Same with Ferrari: FXX, 512TR, F50, 599GTO..:nervous::nervous:
 
Last edited:
Yeah but it's not in the car maker list. So unless they've gotten rid of the commadore and monaro and put a V8 supercar in so it takes a longer time to unlock............... :)

If you haven't unlocked a car from that manufacturer yet, whats the point in displaying it in the list? I'm fairly confident Holden will be in the game, if not then Vauxhall will have the Commodore and the Monaro etc.
 
No Holden? So much for Kazanori saying that every car from GT4 would be in 5

Every car from GT PSP WILL be there in some way, shape or form. You'll probably find the Holdens in the used dealership (as standards), but I wouldn't hold my breath for any newer models unless they come under Vauxhall or Pontiac.
 
If you haven't unlocked a car from that manufacturer yet, whats the point in displaying it in the list? I'm fairly confident Holden will be in the game, if not then Vauxhall will have the Commodore and the Monaro etc.

Good point.

Except Vauxhall are british, Monaros and Commodores are an Aussie built car and deserve to be shown in Aussie form (Holden).
 
Good point.

Except Vauxhall are british, Monaros and Commodores are an Aussie built car and deserve to be shown in Aussie form (Holden).

+1

Theres not to many nice things i can say about Australia, but one thing i know is they can make some damn fun cars!! :)
 
Yeah but it's not in the car maker list. So unless they've gotten rid of the commadore and monaro and put a V8 supercar in so it takes a longer time to unlock............... :)

But that is what makes the GT series fun You need to play the game to advance. I remember trying for hours to pass with all golds...Taking a POS car and sliding it around wet streets just tring to keep up looking at the lap time..with over 1000 cars in the game I see lots of late nights:) yup even at 44 years old still I am a Kid...
 
yup even at 44 years old still I am a Kid...


LMAO......I'm 39 and everytime the wife see's me with a Wheel Stand Pro with a DFGT infront of me while I've pushed the recliner 6ft away from the TV that's exactly what she calls me.
 
But that is what makes the GT series fun You need to play the game to advance. I remember trying for hours to pass with all golds...Taking a POS car and sliding it around wet streets just tring to keep up looking at the lap time..with over 1000 cars in the game I see lots of late nights:) yup even at 44 years old still I am a Kid...

Cant agree with you more man. I love how their is driving levels and license test. Trying to beat that make me hooked on GT. 👍
 
Who knows what we will end up with cars when the PSN goes online with GT5 content. All the eggs have not been cracked yet I am leaning towards the stuff we are getting now is just a teaser. Sony has Censored some but left other vids alone...smells fishy..
 
If you haven't unlocked a car from that manufacturer yet, whats the point in displaying it in the list? I'm fairly confident Holden will be in the game, if not then Vauxhall will have the Commodore and the Monaro etc.

thats a good point but i agree with Heath_1 they are aussie built and deserive to be under the holden banner

if there under the used car lot that probably means no ve series :guilty::guilty:
 
Who knows what we will end up with cars when the PSN goes online with GT5 content. All the eggs have not been cracked yet I am leaning towards the stuff we are getting now is just a teaser. Sony has Censored some but left other vids alone...smells fishy..

Nice theory i like that :)
 
Oh boy, same procedure as every day. Waking up, starting the pc, no release date...
 
nice theory, but... if they are already working on GT6, they're gonna have to walk a thin line between keeping GT5 updated and keeping GT6 special enough for a separate title release.
 
But that is what makes the GT series fun You need to play the game to advance. I remember trying for hours to pass with all golds...Taking a POS car and sliding it around wet streets just tring to keep up looking at the lap time..with over 1000 cars in the game I see lots of late nights:) yup even at 44 years old still I am a Kid...


Well i got you beat by 18 years, youngster.:sly: That has been my main goal to gold all of the licences test in every Gran Turismo game. And i have fun doing it, even though i might get upset every now and then when trying to get a hundredth for a gold. Can't wait for GT5 so i can do the licences tests!!
 
I don't like this.
Every time I wake up I hope for a release date,
and all I see is new video's of GT5...
Sure they get me excited, but I feel spoilt.

Of course you can say I don't need to watch this forum then,
but as long as no release date is anounced...
I take the GT5 video's like a comfort it is still coming,
before I get a release I really can't leave this forum until the release!
 
**** me... I was dreaming I had an email saying I'd get GT5 later today (from my website's boss) and the sheer SHOCK of reading that woke me up. Can't sleep now :(
 
Thanks slip you are a beast. So I guess that video we saw of the Miata was not the MX-5 1800. because that car had a cockpit view.

Oh, that was easy to tell; it was a first-gen MX-5 ;).

I doubt many of those were purchased either, which leads me to think we're getting some odd prize cars.
 
**** me... I was dreaming I had an email saying I'd get GT5 later today (from my website's boss) and the sheer SHOCK of reading that woke me up. Can't sleep now :(

:lol: :ouch:
 
**** me... I was dreaming I had an email saying I'd get GT5 later today (from my website's boss) and the sheer SHOCK of reading that woke me up. Can't sleep now :(

I feel your pain!
 
Whoa @ the Menu video. They seem preeetty complex.

This just in!! One of the hidden trophys is called "Get lost in the menus!" :crazy:


Kidding, of course.
 
Back