GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,665 views
**** me... I was dreaming I had an email saying I'd get GT5 later today (from my website's boss) and the sheer SHOCK of reading that woke me up. Can't sleep now :(

I got one even worse for ya. I just woke up from dreaming I was playing GT5. Controller in hand and all....I fell asleep playing GT4 though.:ouch:
 
Oh my God . . .

Is this who i think it is? TRANSLATOR-SAN!

20101109-045453.jpg


I found this looking for information on the 2008 SEMA winner.

He is my idol!!
 
Gran Turismo Forever!!

Forever getting delayed, and forever not getting a release date.

I could die before we get this!!

Any of us could, and how would we feel then Sony?
 

Reminds me of:

Leela: In my dream, Fry said he hid a gift for me in his locker... if it's true, then he *must* still exist in some form!
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Of course he still exists... as a frozen corpse in outer space! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Huh!
[moans]
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: I made myself sad!
 
Found something appalling in the GT5 menu video. "The stig challenge" is gone, replaced by "top gear test track." This means that "challenging the stig" is gone. I see you can still drive the track, but it's integration with the show, notably it's connection with the stig, has been severed.

This makes me angry. I was looking forward to that mode.

 
Sorry in advance if someone has mentioned this, BUT!!!! the Mazda MX5 1800 is under the standard car garage, But in an earlier video we clearly saw him switch to a cockpit view...

Now I put the standard/premium fiasco to bed long ago but I'm stumped to hell with this one...:crazy:

in the end he just browses the existing cars he has....
its the menu polyphony showed that you can view you cars*they said you easily see 1000 this)
 
Premium:
Volkswagen Kubelwagen
Daihatsu Copen Active Top
Mini Cooper S
Lambo Gallardo LP560-4
Toyota FT-86 Concept
PDI Kart

Standard:
MX-5 1800 RS '04
Citroen 2CV Type A '54
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sports Edition '00
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Suzuki Wagon R RR '98
Honda Z Act '70
Jensen Interceptor MK III '74
Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Buick Special '62
Subaru 360 '58
Shelby Mustang GT350R '65
Honda Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98
Nissan SilEighty '98
Hommell Berlinetta R/S Coupe '99
Honda Civic SiR-II '91
Toyota Vitz U Euro Sport Edition '00
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99

It's not that hard to ID them with the GTP guides for GT4... even with the awful video quality.

Haha, sorry guys I'm a bit of a noob with the lesser known car manufacturers, so that is why I laughed at this. You know, after Jensen Button was attacked and all....
 
Found something appalling in the GT5 menu video. "The stig challenge" is gone, replaced by "top gear test track." This means that "challenging the stig" is gone. I see you can still drive the track, but it's integration with the show, notably it's connection with the stig, has been severed.

This makes me angry. I was looking forward to that mode.


can't see why the stig won't be in as I was at top gear live where they anouced the new stig and he is still white. According to the video, which was very funny, stigs are farmed but only certain stigs can drive.
 
So, are we kind of half expecting a release date today? Saw a few things on here (amar etc.) that would suggest we might get an announcement
 
So, are we kind of half expecting a release date today? Saw a few things on here (amar etc.) that would suggest we might get an announcement

No chance, Sony know by now the date.
They probably have known for awhile.
Their quick enough to censor and deny things so communication isn't a problem. I don't know what there playing at.

Someone said yesterday that we will no today. Mind you someone said that the day before and the day before that etc.

Just my negative thoughts though.
 
SonicVolcano-> I know! It's mind-boggling! :boggled:
 
The clips are definitely becoming more sterile. I think several things have happened.

1)Sony has threatened the people who actually do have the game early and may have told them (in order to make everything seem legit) that they can release footage of car X on track Y (where track Y and car X have already been seen pretty much)

2)Sony is now "leaking" videos themselves (once again largely nothing particularly new) to try to control the content being put out there.

What is being shown now is all the same stuff. Eiger in the rain, next it'll probably be more R246. If this content was genuinely uncontrolled, all the game's details would be across the net by now seeing that we know a few people have the game. This info is definitely being controlled somehow.
 
Anyone else that Gamestop here in the states has resumed unlocking bonus stuff for GT Tuesdays? I wonder if that has to do with a connection to a possible release date on next Tuesday? That's the last lock on the screen?
 
A quick update on the Fingerhut issue, I just called them up again to switch my order to Express (it was initially set to Standard) and they told me that it would ship out on the 23rd. So they lied.
 
Anyone else that Gamestop here in the states has resumed unlocking bonus stuff for GT Tuesdays? I wonder if that has to do with a connection to a possible release date on next Tuesday? That's the last lock on the screen?

They aren't likely to release the game a week before the launch party.
 
-> Hmm, something tells me that these leaks could be the epitome of viral marketing by Sony themselves...I'm just jumping my beans here.
 
Back