GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,818,130 views
Anyone notice that there's a used Camaro LM Race car in that used car video?

Edit: he goes right to it, I posted halfway through the vid, oops, theres an R8 also though.
 
I have decided i'm not gonna look at anymore vids.....its hard but i want to see things via the game. I'll still follow the thread but thats as far as it goes. Please don't hurt me.

Agree - I'm satisfied that it's going to be awesome, I don't want to spoil it any more.
 
I would like to see how damage is implemented. Is it in the extreme racing series only? or is it under the option settings and if it is also has the same settings in the private room options? Any videos of this? Inquiring minds wana know!

I've been asking for damage since these videos started popping up. I think you can view it in arcade model with professional settings
 
Fcuk video overload!! It´s hard to not watch them... Anyway I wan´t to experience it myself...

Did you guys dont think that the standard cars also look brillant? I mean, after all that standard car crying :)

I think they do, I think they also sound really good.
 
So we only get to change the wheels on 200 cars.
Great work PD!!!👎👎👎
 
Yeah, and I'm sure it cycles, because that was a list of only a handful of cars. a few million CR cars in there, and a few cars with a lot of miles. I'm very sure it cycles like before.

Edit: There's your 96 Subaru that you wanted in there (forgot who mentioned that earlier) but see! its there in the used car dealer :P as they said, all cars from previous gran turismo titles will be there, so if you don't find it new, a few years have went by since the last gran turismo, check the used dealer or wait for a reward.

So all cars from previous GT games are going to be in GT5? So that means I will be able to get the Subaru 22B? :drool:
 
Those are the minimum level to enter those events most likely.

That makes sense. At first glance, I thought that maybe each time you clear an event, the level number would get higher by 1 thus increasing difficulty and credit rewards than before each time you beat them.

But you're probably right.
 
Anyone notice that there's a used Camaro LM Race car in that used car video?

Edit: he goes right to it, I posted halfway through the vid, oops, theres an R8 also though.

Yup it's in my list a page or 2 back! I bet it needs an engine overhaul, oil change and body restoration!
 
Starting to think PD needed another year to even get close to what GT5 should be.

:( I'm getting more and more excited every day by more videos, but ever video kills me a little inside. Its just like GT4 with some upscaled graphics and more cars/tracks.

I mean we can't even change the wheels on standard cars.

But hopefully this game will still be fun so I'll wait and see.

I just wanted my standard cars with custom rims :(
 
Yeah, what happened to changing wheels on cars in GT4?

Now we have a brand new game, 6 years later, and the majority of the cars can't even have an aftermarket set of wheels. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

What else are they exempt from? Race mods? Body parts? Paint? Heh

this is a big thing:nervous: better turn out to be just a couple of cars with funny wheels... on phone so dont know what car was in the vid
 
This is what I can conclude from all the dealership videos. Premium cars have their own dealership, all makes/cars are available to you at the start and no random dealership. Standard cars are located in the used car lot with random cars available to you like in previous games. I'm trying to be as realistic as I can.
 
Starting to think PD needed another year to even get close to what GT5 should be.

:( I'm getting more and more excited every day by more videos, but ever video kills me a little inside. Its just like GT4 with some upscaled graphics and more cars/tracks.

I mean we can't even change the wheels on standard cars.

But hopefully this game will still be fun so I'll wait and see.

I just wanted my standard cars with custom rims :(

I think the dynamic weather, course maker, online etc. probably took a lot of time to do. Also, we all loved gt4 so don't want them to change too much!

I understand what you mean though, a lot of stuff is familiar. I think even the image used for some of the races is the same! Lightweight K's looks very familiar!
 
this thread is moving way to fast, im gone for 3 or 4 hours and its already 50 more pages.
so what videos are new..?
any snow or rain videos or night
 
Kinda thinkin' out loud but does no one else HATE the idea of levels in GT5?

It would probably make me feel like i'm playing NFS while i'm looking for a car to buy and it just ruins the freedom of GT.

Exactly! I hate the idea that I have to drive cars that I dont like on tracks that I dont like (over and over), only to drive the cars I want on the tracks I want.

This is indeed NFS style for kids. But I am mature. I don't need 30 hours of "driving school" to finally be aloud to drive car x on track x.
 
Starting to think PD needed another year to even get close to what GT5 should be.

:( I'm getting more and more excited every day by more videos, but ever video kills me a little inside. Its just like GT4 with some upscaled graphics and more cars/tracks.

I mean we can't even change the wheels on standard cars.

But hopefully this game will still be fun so I'll wait and see.

I just wanted my standard cars with custom rims :(

Blowing things out of proportion much? Especially with the upscaled graphics comment...
 
Lets get some ideas as to what the "Gran Tour" could be?

Maybe PD tracks using the course maker to simulate a countryside.?

What is the Italia?

It says "Italia...", so it's not the full event description. If he left the icon on that event long enough the text would scroll up.
 
Hilarious. Every car has a horn, can sustain damage to a variable degree...but only 200 or so can have their wheels changed. What the hell is that?

Lame.
 
Its just like GT4 with some upscaled graphics and more cars/tracks.

It's a racing game. In the end it's just cars on a track. This isnt like an RPG where when you see an RPG sequel, it's like a completely different game. This is still just some cars on a road, just like every other GT game.

Im not sure what you were expecting here. When you buy a GT sequel you get the same thing every time, some more tracks, cars, better graphics, couple new features, wait 2-5 years for the next one.

I think the long wait and hype put you in a mode of expectation that no racing sim could ever truly deliver on.
 
I think its the level you're at with the A-Spec points, as near the end of the video he tries to go into the Pro series but gets a message saying he is only level 10.

Also, this indicates that the events are segregated into 5 level tiers. Beginner is 0-4 and amateur is 5-9. So, that would mean professional is 10-14, expert is 15-19, and extreme is 20-24. Possibly extreme goes to 25 for the X1.

It was nice to see the additional car history info in the used video.
 
Well, lets put our hopes on updates.

Seriouslly, or we're getting to freak or the issue of not being able to change wheels on standard cars its HELLA SERIOUS.

Damn, why? Seriouslly. It's like I discovered the prettiest girl on school have 1 boob only. I still would do it. But. WTF?
 
Back