GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,818,041 views
Stop attacking and calling each other this and that, we don't want the thread to be closed again, do we?
 
I don't understand either what it is that's ben taken 5 years to do. As I understands things, the weather isn't even dynamic, you just choose(or the game chooses in GT mode) if you wanna play a rainy level or not. So... what's ben taken 5 years then.... to do the extremely nice modeling to 1000 cars? Oh, sorry, I mean to do the extremely nice modeling to 200 cars?

They made GT PSP as well, they had to build the online infrastructure, there are many other things they need to do than just working on car models.

Atleast I am happy there is some sort of weather.

Its not easy to create a game especially for the PS3 and as Eurogamer.net said the standard cars look very good as well, so I dunno what the problem is.
 
I think whats going on is the amount of time between 4 and 5 put peoples expectations unreasonably high. What were they expecting with this game? To be able to press button, look under the hood at a beautiful engine? Be able to use the cursor to mess around with it?

I really think that it was impossible for them to live up to the hype. Im sure the game is great, but will that actually be good enough? Not for a lot of people it wont, many will be here for months and years dissappointed that the options in it arent limitless, that not all 1000 cars are of equal quality, etc.................
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.
 
You gotta laugh at the amount of whingers in this thread. Don't buy the game if you don't like what it has to offer, simple as that.

I would usually agree.

But seriously. You can only change the wheels on 1/5th of the cars.

That's pretty insulting if I be honest. Its almost like they did 200 and just thought "**** it, that will have to do; we can add the rest for GT6 and make more £££".
 
5 years doesnt mean that was just sitting around working on GT5 that entire time. Didnt Kaz himself say it took 2 years of preproduction just to figure everything out first?

Then they had to build nascar, karts, get the weather working. Just sitting here watching vids, no it doesnt really look like it took 5 years, but then again we have no idea what sort of problems they ran into on the ps3 and whatnot.

Yeah I agree, it's probably(and hopefuly) gonna be way better when we play it for ourselfs in 1080i/p and get to see everything.

But Iam still confused about the weather.. Dynamic or not? I would like to see a video were it changes from sun to rain.
 
In the GT Auto vid, is that car a standard model? I know standards don't have a cockpit view, but I assumed it was because they didn't have modeled interiors. When the text bubble is front of the car's window, the tint is lighter and you can see inside the car. The steering wheel is visible.

Maybe I'm just trippin'.
 
Looks like the "Colorful" trophy should unlock after you acquire 256 cars.
 
You can still change your tires to race tires etc., right? Just the rims, that are not changeable? lol, I don't care... :)
 
Starting to think PD needed another year to even get close to what GT5 should be.

:( I'm getting more and more excited every day by more videos, but ever video kills me a little inside. Its just like GT4 with some upscaled graphics and more cars/tracks.

I mean we can't even change the wheels on standard cars.

But hopefully this game will still be fun so I'll wait and see.

I just wanted my standard cars with custom rims :(
Ohh big problem, I don't buy the game:lol::lol:
 
Since when criticism of our favourite and most anticipated game is not welcome in this thread?
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

Same here.

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

+1
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

Yes, you're the only. This game is about what people make it to be. Customizing your car to be just the way you want it, to be unique, to be your baby is what this game was going to be about for me.


On another note. The SPECIAL challenges video also shows that the special stages are unlocked at certain levels and the numbers don;t mean at what level you're at in that certain events. I'm sure a bummer for some people.
 
You can still change your tires to race tires etc., right? Just the rims, that are not changeable? lol, I don't care... :)

Yes, exactly.
 
I suggest all the Newbies that are here to refrain from any mouthing off and stick to topics at hand ,you will find out sooner rather than later that the Mod's do not tolerate behavior that a lot of you are displaying and may find yourselves getting warned or just plain banned.
Calm it down guys:tup:
 
I'm loving these videos, also there was Nurburgring in the special event, and it was labeled "dry", so rain on Nurburgring is confirmed by the looks of it? 👍

I didn't even notice that. Definitely good news about having weather on the Ring. As if the track wasn't difficult enough as it is. :)
 
No wheel changes on standard cars is a big hit, can't think why they've done that.

As great as this game is appearing to be, they really have let us down in some unexpected areas.
 
Well I don't have any problems with standard cars... I'm loving them, really... specially after that Shelby GT 350 video.

The thing about the wheels its just annoying, but I'll still buy the game and play until my fingers are worn lol...

It's not the kind of thing that disgrace the game, so maybe we can just chill out :)
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

This is kind of a big deal. Im of the opinion that if you're going to do something, go all the way with it, otherwise you end up with exactly what you see here, people thinking the game is unfinished.

No in the end the rims are not important, but it's sure nice to be able to make a car look the way you want. It goes a long way from making the cars feel like they are YOURS, rather than some stock car you know everyone else on the track has.

When Forza 3 has like 450 cars that you can do whatever you want to, and GT5 (after 6 years of waiting), only has 200 that can be fully modified, it kind of looks like a lazy ass effort to a lot of people.
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

I wouldn't normally moan, but its odd that GT4 had them. And all of a sudden we can't.

It makes no sense, I can't drive a blue second hand Imprezza without gold wheels! I'm a man of class goddammit! :P
 
I'm just happy that the same driving physics are there for both the standard and premium cars.. :D
 
They made GT PSP as well, they had to build the online infrastructure, there are many other things they need to do than just working on car models.

Atleast I am happy there is some sort of weather.

Its not easy to create a game especially for the PS3 and as Eurogamer.net said the standard cars look very good as well, so I dunno what the problem is.

At least someone has common sense around here to realize you can't make everything perfect 100%, GT5 is about 60% of its way to real life, about 40% more than I wont say every game, like Iracing, but with the vast amount of detail and the amount of cars, you surely won't find anything like it, till the day when something beats GT5 for what it does "overall" there's no reason to really hate on it, you can dislike things about it, but you can't call it a bad game, it has "bad area's" or things people can call "unfinished" but you can bet your bottom dollar that kaz would make every one of those cars "premium" givin the chance.
 
Wouldn't change rims with after marked ones in real life, so not gonna in GT5.

Also remember that the premiums are future proof and Playstation 4 ready. Standard cars are upscaled PS2 cars, premiums downscaled PS4 cars. That how I look at it.
 
wow. getting worse and worse by the video

Yeah seems like that to me as well, i don't want to be 'that guy' moaning on the forums, but its really not shaping up to be quiet like i thought it would be.
I'v got my Collectors Edition on pre-order, but i'm not going to be home for another year or so to play it, and now i don't seem to worried about that..

My plans of buying a new PS3/GT5 while overseas are fading pretty quickly..
 
I think whats going on is the amount of time between 4 and 5 put peoples expectations unreasonably high. What were they expecting with this game? To be able to press button, look under the hood at a beautiful engine? Be able to use the cursor to mess around with it?

I really think that it was impossible for them to live up to the hype. Im sure the game is great, but will that actually be good enough? Not for a lot of people it wont, many will be here for months and years dissappointed that the options in it arent limitless, that not all 1000 cars are of equal quality, etc.................

Agreed to a certain extent, I think the majority of it is self-hype because of how consistent this franchise is at delivering the best racing experience to date. So in turn people are expecting so much without the realization of limitation, and think they know all the answers, without once acknowledging that Polyphony Digital are prolly one step-ahead of your thinking process. That's why they are the ones developing the game, have any of us created a game? No. I'm currently in this field and have a somewhat grasp of what it takes.

Now sure it won't reach some peoples farfetched imaginary hype of the game, but THIS WILL BE THE BEST RACING GAME OUT.
 
Back