GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,818,333 views
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

Yet, there's a photo mode.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to forget you can't change the wheels on some 800 cars. Not 1, not 10, but 800...give or take.
 
Just to let you know, I don't think the staff will appreciate you evading their language filter. On the subject of Standard cars, while I respect your opinion, I couldn't agree with it any less. 👎

Yeah I dont meant the F word, I meaned the brand FCUK = French Connection UK 👍 But already get an warning mail lol...

Still crazy that words that are natural are indexed words... I mean how could we exist if we dont do this "tabu" things? Whatever, sexual things are bad but weapons are good... America 👍

About the standard car rims thing, thats basicly because the standard cars are one part... I think the rims models are too complex to put them on standard cars... Also the tuning parts... But man who cares, people dont see the 99% of the great work and hacking on the 1%... But thats how things work...
 
Honestly the wheels are all already modeled, why can't they just add them to the standards too. It would not be hard to program and implement a way to have the wheels identified as a unique property to each car, allowing the user to simply change the property without changing the car.

It just seems lazy to me.
 
Honestly the wheels are all already modeled, why can't they just add them to the standards too. It would not be hard to program and implement a way to have the wheels identified as a unique property to each car, allowing the user to simply change the property without changing the car.

It just seems lazy to me.

I think that they had other priorities. What those priorities are, I don't know :lol: but we'll find out I guess.
 
Also guys, DONT FORGET ABOUT DLC!!!! Anything is possible. Whatever isnt in the game can be added later, so dont let any 1 aspect bum you out too much, it can always be patched in. If it will or not who knows, but there will be patches, additions, expansions.

Any game that sells like GT does gets all of that stuff. There will be more cars and tracks added, more premium cars, more parts, features, modes, etc...
 
Yeah seems like that to me as well, i don't want to be 'that guy' moaning on the forums, but its really not shaping up to be quiet like i thought it would be.
I'v got my Collectors Edition on pre-order, but i'm not going to be home for another year or so to play it, and now i don't seem to worried about that..

My plans of buying a new PS3/GT5 while overseas are fading pretty quickly..

Believe me, you are not the only that starts to get worried.

Still, does anyone know if the weather will change during a race or maintain the same all the time? Because that's not realy that special.
 
Anybody has an idea of what this is supposed to be?
[Youtube]VQ5-Rv3r26s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/Youtube]
 
Also guys, DONT FORGET ABOUT DLC!!!! Anything is possible. Whatever isnt in the game can be added later, so dont let any 1 aspect bum you out too much, it can always be patched in. If it will or not who knows, but there will be patched, editions, expansions.

Any game that sells like GT does gets all of that stuff. There will be more cars and tracks added, more premium cars, more parts, etc...


Amén, that's what I was thinking! DLCs may fix those issues... let's relax buddies. (pretty hard after 5 years of wait, I kno)
 
Honestly the wheels are all already modeled, why can't they just add them to the standards too. It would not be hard to program and implement a way to have the wheels identified as a unique property to each car, allowing the user to simply change the property without changing the car.

It just seems lazy to me.

i agree with that, it's always been possible, so why not anymore?
I sometimes have two of the same cars with different setups or other differences just for fun, and i change the weels to make them look different.

All cars i tuned have other wheels just to make it easy to see what's stock and what's not.

to bad that's taken out....

add it to the bugg fix list :p
 
Still, does anyone know if the weather will change during a race or maintain the same all the time? Because that's not realy that special.

The weather is dynamic but Kaz mentioned at TGS that it would be for endurance races and created tracks. It doesn't make a ton of sense to have dynamic weather on a 2 lap race.
 
You gotta laugh at the amount of whingers in this thread. Don't buy the game if you don't like what it has to offer, simple as that.

Sure. And never complain about anything you dont like with something, or what?

If rims cant be changed on most of the standard cars except older ones we saw in the video I would be very disappointed. To have a nice working car which also looks good is, and has always been, an important aspect imo.
 
Honestly the wheels are all already modeled, why can't they just add them to the standards too. It would not be hard to program and implement a way to have the wheels identified as a unique property to each car, allowing the user to simply change the property without changing the car.

It just seems lazy to me.

I think that they had other priorities. What those priorities are, I don't know :lol: but we'll find out I guess.

Maybe the dynamic weather, day/night transitions, etc

I know which I'd prefer to have in the game, I can honestly say I've never felt the need to ponce about with changing the wheels on any car in GT4.
 
On the GT Auto Video, is it me or did it not state Racing Mods/Aero Kits were limited to Premium models? I know it said so for Rim/Rim Paint.

Also, the body damage. That's not what that option is for. I remember we had it back in GT4 days, it was just used to fix your chassis after so many miles.
 
Wow, this rims deal is a huge step back!:( In GT4 you could not only put the aftermarket rims, but actually rims of any other car onto any other car which was damn awesome!(don't even know how they settled that license wise) And now, you can't change them, or paint them? I really don't get it...big let down for me, because frankly, only a tiny minority of production cars actually have rims that I would neber change, usually they're crap! pfffff....
 
Yet, there's a photo mode.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to forget you can't change the wheels on some 800 cars. Not 1, not 10, but 800...give or take.

I agree, this will be questioned. The way this is turning out, it seems like there are 200 cars in the game and some 800 walkers-on.
 
I've seen no mention of the YouTube replay upload feature mentioned some time ago by Kaz. Have I missed it?
 
Anybody has an idea of what this is supposed to be?
[Youtube]VQ5-Rv3r26s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/Youtube]

In game promo made by Polyphony? Perhaps part of GT-TV.
 
Am I the only one still following this thread but not watching the vids now?

Last vid I watched was the Zonda in the rain at the Eiger. Watched the first cape ring vid but not the second. Never watched the intro as I don't want to spoil it.

Of course I see people talking about the vids, but talking and seeing are two different things and I'm keeping most of this game as a surprise.

Nope you are not alone. I did not even watch the Zonda vid. I saw the first one on Cape ring and the one with the tracks and stopped watching them. been quickly skipping over a lot of the posts trying not to see to many spoilers.


I really wish that Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds was in the game. I don't mean just a Shelby GT500 'Stang, but one exactly like in the movie. Same paint job and all. That is my favorite car ever.

Eleanor is in the game. The thing is that the re-make of Gone in 60 Seconds changed the car. The true Eleanor was a yellow and black Mach 1 and it is shown in the Top Gear picture from a few days back.
 
Wow, It's like "Haha Forza, we have 1000 cars, you, 500! Except 800 of ours are only semi production from the old game.." It really sucks you can't change rims anymore on the standard cars, though I WILL buy the game and most likely love the hell out'a it!
 
Also guys, DONT FORGET ABOUT DLC!!!! Anything is possible. Whatever isnt in the game can be added later, so dont let any 1 aspect bum you out too much, it can always be patched in. If it will or not who knows, but there will be patches, additions, expansions.

Any game that sells like GT does gets all of that stuff. There will be more cars and tracks added, more premium cars, more parts, features, modes, etc...

Agreed, I think someone should a make a thread with possible patches and DLC to be implemented. Like sounds/cars/HUD OPTION OFF/etc. That PD could maybe take in consideration.

:)
 
Being unable to change the wheel rims on standard cars is a disappointment but it is hardly a deal breaker.
 
Anybody has an idea of what this is supposed to be?
[Youtube]VQ5-Rv3r26s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/Youtube]

Promo done by Polyphony? Perhaps a segment from GT-TV.
 
Yet, there's a photo mode.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to forget you can't change the wheels on some 800 cars. Not 1, not 10, but 800...give or take.

Photo mode in my opinion is to take the picture of the car in it's original glory.

If i was taking a picture of a Ferrari 512R( first thing to come to mind)i wouldn't want to see it with some fancy rims or a fancy body kit.This just destroys the originality that this car once had.
 
Also, the body damage. That's not what that option is for. I remember we had it back in GT4 days, it was just used to fix your chassis after so many miles.
That's what I thought, but I think now if you have big accidents you can damage your chassis, and having lots of accidents can shorten it's life.
 
And to think that we were expecting better customization than GT4...
 
Back