GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,817,662 views
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?
No, you're not the only one. But as people tire of arguing over release dates and posting 3 day old info they think is new, they feel they need something fresh to latch onto. It appears that today it's rims. :rolleyes:
 
But so far, thats just one thing you can't change. If you can customize everything else, then I doubt the ability to personize your IROCz from their IROCz is completely taken away.

Indeed but the fact that you can perform such large modifications to a car and not such a tiny one that has been in the game for a decade, I dont get it. Ill love GT5 but this is perplexing, I hope you understand why.

And people please, some of the biggest GT fans are the biggest critics, I LOVE GT, but I have no problem pointing out its shortcomings either...

Some hate blindly some love blindly, and some love the game so much, they hate it a little too.
 
I dont believe you cant change wheels on standard, ridiculous!
 
Opinions that have no relevence, but that are wasting space. And it was kind of a joke, but not really.

And you pointing out posts that are apparently wasting space is not a waste of space?
A joke, but not really? Wow, very profound of you.
 
Bro, ever since 1999 in GT2 weve been able to somewhat personalize the appearance of our cars, its been the only thing distinguishing YOUR IROCz from MY IROCz, and now we cant have that, its a step backwards, and i dont understand it.

R-Mods, im guessing NONE for Standards, Body mods none for standards.

It's not a deal breaker, but its hard to understand, and its a bitch, especially wiht online....

If you watch the video for GT Auto it says "It is not possible to perform racing modifications on some cars."

Some being the important word. It says nothing about standard, so we should be okay! It also mentions no limitations on aero mods...
 
Opinions that have no relevence, but that are wasting space.

Huh? His opinion was relevant to me, since we both share the same one on this subject. This isnt a dictatorship you know where only positive opinions can be discussed. If we keep it clean and civil, then we can talk about whatever we want. That's how message board work you know.

If you dont agree, then say you dont, or dont say anything and just move on. Calling for people to be disciplined for sharing an opinion, negative or not, makes you look like a child.
 
I dont believe you cant change wheels on standard, ridiculous!

Is does not say that you cannot change the body kit on standards, which is a bit odd.
 
I dont believe you cant change wheels on standard, ridiculous!

May possibly be added in later, keep reminding yourself of that. The days of games shipping 100% done are long behind us. Now they just put it out, and finish it later.

Im ok with that as long as what I am spending my money on is good enough for now, but I do expect some free DLC later.
 
If you watch the video for GT Auto it says "It is not possible to perform racing modifications on some cars."

Some being the important word. It says nothing about standard, so we should be okay! It also mentions no limitations on aero mods...

He's not talking about racing mods. He was likely talking about the AERO mods page. It didn't mention standards but that just makes me think that spoilers will be all we can alter.
 
What the bloody hell is up with the painting system? I mean why can't we just get a colour pallet this is just... I don't even...

I think the painting system might work like this. When you get a new car you can paint any car in that color. So for example you buy a Lotus in British Racing Green now you can paint your Ferrari in British Racing Green.
 
something just makes me wonder:

Standard Cars cannot change Rims as understood from video.

Standard car be tuned according to other screens.
But can you add a racing muffler, racing suspension, NA Tune and Racetires

It just doensn't make sense at all.....?!

Not complaining but just wondering ;)

For the Czech Lucky Ones :D
"Buying a standard car a go through the complete GT Auto would clear up many things"

It's a mysterious matter :scared:

I don't want to make a huge fuss about it but since GT2 we have been able to do this. Kind of a downer that they couldn't apply it to GT5.
 
You gotta laugh at the amound of fanboys in this thread. Don't read the thread if you can't take your favorite game being criticised.

you_like_this_facebook_tumbs_up_bumper_sticker-p128127724679874290tmn6_210.jpg


I'm a GT fan through and through, but this is very disappointing.
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?
.

Nope, you most certainly are not alone, my GT5 glass is most definately more than half full :)
 
Huh? His opinion was relevant to me, since we both share the same one on this subject. This isnt a dictatorship you know where only positive opinions can be discussed. If we keep it clean and civil, then we can talk about whatever we want. That's how message board work you know.

If you dont agree, then say you dont, or dont say anything and just move on. Calling for people to be disciplined for sharing an opinion, negative or not, makes you look like a child.

We want just to talk about of GT5, take your opinion to you, I don't care about one ot two that are discussing, the name of the site is GTPLANET, not kid's discussion.com/ !!!!!
 
I've seen no mention of the YouTube replay upload feature mentioned some time ago by Kaz. Have I missed it?

Hello? I personally would have thought this important, yet none of the videos were uploaded directly and there has been no mention for a good while.
 
TB
No, you're not the only one. But as people tire of arguing over release dates and posting 3 day old info they think is new, they feel they need something fresh to latch onto. It appears that today it's rims. :rolleyes:

you're right 👍
 
Maybe possible be added in later, keep reminding yourself of that. The days of games shipping 100% done are long behind us. Now they just put it out, and finish it later.

Im ok with that as long as what I am spending my money on is good enough for now, but I do expect some free DLC later.


Good point!!! I really think they'll fix this later... of course they'll. Probably some cars had one or 2 issues regarding wheel "compatibility" and then they prefered to left that for later.

Another thing is... the point that was already discussed here: priorities...
 
It's kinda weird that rim-change isn't available on standard cars....
 
Why all the whining? Did you expect GT5 to be the perfect racing game of all times with every car and customization you can imagine? If you had that in mind from the beginning, then you are going to be one sad puppy on launch date.

Let's be realistic, no game will be perfect in the eyes of gamers. If you keep focusing on the negatives, you'll just be sulking around on the forums all day complaining. Why not look at the positive stuff? Better car sounds, more detailed tracks, bigger selection of cars etc. Seems like everyone forgot about the Motul on SSR7 already...:indiff:
 
Opinions are fine, but when people start making statements like "what were they doing the past 5 years" and statements with inappreciable connotations, show a lack of respect. Start making statements like this in a human conversation with Kaz, you'll look like the male organ. all in all though I'm usually not this blunt. :)
 
It's a mysterious matter :scared:

I don't want to make a huge fuss about it but since GT2 we have been able to do this. Kind of a downer that they couldn't apply it to GT5.

3 minutes ago you couldn't take any negative about GT5 beeing said, and now you are saying something negative yourself? Thats good! Right track 👍
 
I think the reason for not implementing custom wheels for standard cars may be more technical than it seems...

one reason maybe the lack of disc space to put in standard wheels,
the other reason maybe because the Premium wheels have different Damage physics than standard ones.

there maybe a WHOLE LOT of reasons why this wasn't implemented..but it should be a good reason though ,as Kaz ultimately wants to make everyone happy. :)
 
Oh, I'm sorry...does those who voice a displeased opinion, therefore leading to a lack of rear-end kissing offend you?

No, not at all. It's the comments such as "GT5 is a placeholder till GT6" which I'm referring to. People obviously have the right to express their disappointments with the game.
 
Thank PD,thank Mr.Kaz for engine sounds huge improvements!I was always very critic about the crappy engine sounds in GT5P but now I have to admit that PD did a great job:tup::)
 
To be honest I was really looking forward to changing wheels on most Standard cars. To find out that I can't, why did they even bother adding standards? It's obviously still a buy, but when 80% of the cars you can't change the look of, it's kind of a useless game. Next we're going to find out you won't be able to upgrade them..... I would've bought GTPSP a long time ago if I didn't know you couldn't change the wheels in the FULL game

I just can't believe they would do something so stupid
 
I think the painting system might work like this. When you get a new car you can paint any car in that color. So for example you buy a Lotus in British Racing Green now you can paint your Ferrari in British Racing Green.

Well I hope it works, and also it is possible for standard cars!
 
If you watch the video for GT Auto it says "It is not possible to perform racing modifications on some cars."

Some being the important word. It says nothing about standard, so we should be okay! It also mentions no limitations on aero mods...

Well hopefully our unofficial Youtube field reporters can clear up this Standard customization thing by showign an R-Modded Standard.
 
Back