GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,640 views
How about if sony are seeing this and the disks havn't really been pressed yet just a few to get peoples opinion decide to delay the game for another 12 months or so? .. we all get nothing at all then .. i cant wait for the game and nothing ive seen has dulled my impatience for it i still want it more than any game ever


I would love that. If it meant all cars to be equal, fully customizable and detailed. Once again the word 'lazy' comes to mind.
 
djs
I expected at least the same as GT4. Not less...if you get what I mean, you and many other in here pretending they don't care about flaws.

So because people like him aren't as upset, they are "pretending"? I'm not suggesting you don't have a right to express yourself, but thats just abit generalizing to make such a comment. All he is suggesting is for people to be appreciative of what we do have instead of focus on what we don't have.
 
How about if sony are seeing this and the disks havn't really been pressed yet just a few to get peoples opinion decide to delay the game for another 12 months or so? .. we all get nothing at all then .. i cant wait for the game and nothing ive seen has dulled my impatience for it i still want it more than any game ever
Good point there - with you fully on this 👍
 
You shouldn't be able to access the YouTube feature without the servers being up. That feature should be found in the Online Replay Album. So without the servers being up the YouTube feature will be disabled.
:tup:Nice to read you're post SolidSnakes!I hope you are right:)
 
I mentioned that this is probably a screen saver thing. From the looks of it, though, said screensaver might be vehicle specific.

If this was vehicle specific and a screensaver,that would be a pretty neat thing to have.

You could be taking a break from GT5 and having lunch,then you are like "oh yeah,the screensaver" so you choose your favorite car and continue to eat lunch watching your car. 👍
 
Maybe you could look at what is NEW in GT5. A hell lot is. Night/day transitions, weather, new tracks, over 200 incredibly detailed cars plus loads more.

Maybe they should have left out the tires of the Standard Cars. Or square wheels. That would be something to moan about.

Ok, so PD brings new stuff to the series and removes old ones.
 
Come to find out that you can't change wheels on a standard car I hope this game never comes out. You know how many times I've defended this game, boasted to my friends that it is the best game available? I can't wait for the Forza 4 marketing strategy, "You can change ALL their wheels, not just 20%"
 
oooh...ah ok so can you change tires(soft, super sopft, ecc...)?

Yes, that would have to still be an option as that actually has an impact on gameplay. Rims are just for appearance.
 
Has anyone thought of the possibillity the Rim issue could be a small localisation error ;)
 
Come to find out that you can't change wheels on a standard car I hope this game never comes out. You know how many times I've defended this game, boasted to my friends that it is the best game available? I can't wait for the Forza 4 marketing strategy, "You can change ALL their wheels, not just 20%"

Sadly I have to agree.

I can't believe KY would let this fly with his "perfection" and "high standards".
 
Have we seen any evidence of youtube upload? All I can think of is this, but that icon is probably something obvious I'm forgetting.

workspace1028.png
 
You shouldn't be able to access the YouTube feature without the servers being up. That feature should be found in the Online Replay Album. So without the servers being up the YouTube feature will be disabled.

Possible yes. However, every application I have ever used to upload videos to YouTube simply connects directly to their servers. Going through the PSN would seem like an unnecessary bandwidth usage to me.
 
Has anyone thought of the possibillity the Rim issue could be a small localisation error ;)

Ok you cant change standard rims in the shop but maybe you still can in your own garage like earlier Gran Turismo's?
 
Have we seen any evidence of youtube upload? All I can think of is this, but it's probably somehting obvious I'm forgetting.

workspace1028.png
I believe they said it's not online yet, so they can't use it, but it's there
 
Have we seen any evidence of youtube upload? All I can think of is this, but it's probably somehting obvious I'm forgetting.

workspace1028.png

If that's the case why isn't the guy who's making these vids using it?
 
Has anyone thought of the possibillity the Rim issue could be a small localisation error ;)

True... I spotted a weird thing on some of the descriptions... like: "Standard issue" on the rim paint thing...
 
Have we seen any evidence of youtube upload? All I can think of is this, but it's probably somehting obvious I'm forgetting.

workspace1028.png

Maybe, though it looks like a possible photo mode icon to me.
 
djs
I expected at least the same as GT4. Not less...if you get what I mean, you and many other in here pretending they don't care about flaws.

We have to understand PD's priorities in GT5. Let's use this rim customization as an example. I'm sure standard rims swap on standard cars are easy as the coding is complete. What about premium rims on standard cars? Hmm...a bit iffy if the car got premium looking rims but everything else standard. What about standard rims on premium car? Ugh...not sure if it would look nice at all...:crazy:

Swapping rims sounds like such a simple idea, but if you start thinking more about it, it's quite complicated. Would PD go out and re-do all the standard rims and make only premium rims? PD probably looked at its resources and its situation and didn't like the idea of standard rims swap with standard cars and premium rims with premium cars. As a result, they say "Scrap the whole standard rim thing and only have it for premium." This is similar to the GTPSP blacked out cockpit that PD originally planned for standard cars.
 
How about if sony are seeing this and the disks havn't really been pressed yet just a few to get peoples opinion decide to delay the game for another 12 months or so? .. we all get nothing at all then .. i cant wait for the game and nothing ive seen has dulled my impatience for it i still want it more than any game ever


Yep, i want the game now. A game with such depth is bound to have a few "flaws". And for those who are disappointed, you have a choice, you can play GT5 this month or wait for GT6.
 
so some of you guys wanna get Gran Turismo Just to change wheels?..

I know it is a minor let down ,but seriously guys....you should be happy that you can do actually mechanical modifications to standard cars..
 
Just for the people complaining about shenanigans with the wheels I just want to put this to you:

Shut up.

Thats off my chest. Thank you.

</publicserviceannouncement>
 
The only person who said youtube feature wasn't working yet was CZ.

And I think that the feature was only from a slide on a PD presentation saying what they would like in the game, and that was over a year ago.

I'm not entirely sure though.
 
Back