GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,565 views
reddevilmark
Ok you cant change standard rims in the shop but maybe you still can in your own garage like earlier Gran Turismo's?
Honestly, not once did I change rims on a car in GT4...I buy racing games to race, not change the look of cars. I can see how people might be upset over it, but this is where freedom of choice is a wonderful thing. Either buy the game, or don't.
 
:lol:

Rims are just for replays and photo mode...

I don't care. You should love the cars, how they are.

GT is about effective tuning! It's not NFS Underground.

(Sorry, my english is maybe not that good)
 
The only person who said youtube feature wasn't working yet was CZ.

And I think that the feature was only from a slide on a PD presentation saying what they would like in the game, and that was over a year ago.

I'm not entirely sure though.
I believe it was confirmed quite recently (going to look now)
 
Honestly, not once did I change rims on a car in GT4...I buy racing games to race, not change the look of cars. I can see how people might be upset over it, but this is where freedom of choice is a wonderful thing. Either buy the game, or don't.

LOL mate i was just suggesting . im one of the couldnt care less about the wheel changing option , i just want the game now as it looks fantastic to me
 
Yes, that would have to still be an option as that actually has an impact on gameplay. Rims are just for appearance.
Thats not true, in the GT Auto video, it says "Purchase new wheels or change your car´s existing set. Lightweight alloy wheels improve driving performance, as well as greatly enhancing the look of your car..."
 
We have to understand PD's priorities in GT5. Let's use this rim customization as an example. I'm sure standard rims swap on standard cars are easy as the coding is complete. What about premium rims on standard cars? Hmm...a bit iffy if the car got premium looking rims but everything else standard. What about standard rims on premium car? Ugh...not sure if it would look nice at all...:crazy:

Swapping rims sounds like such a simple idea, but if you start thinking more about it, it's quite complicated. Would PD go out and re-do all the standard rims and make only premium rims? PD probably looked at its resources and its situation and didn't like the idea of standard rims swap with standard cars and premium rims with premium cars. As a result, they say "Scrap the whole standard rim thing and only have it for premium." This is similar to the GTPSP blacked out cockpit that PD originally planned for standard cars.

I'll try and simplify this to show how simple it could be.

*This is a suggestion, this is not how GT5 works*


Aftermarket rims are all premium.
Standard cars have standard stock rims.
Premium cars have premium stock rims.

Stock rims cannot be interchanged, for example no Ferrari wheels on a Audi.

This way you can identify each car as 1, 2, 3, ... 1000...
You can then identify each aftermarket rim as a, b, c .... z...

So we can now say:
Car = 1
Rims = a

We can derive any possibility we wish.

The difference between standard & premium cars just means we can't change the stock rims about (If you want to complicate things, you could restrict standard cars to interchange only standard stock rims, and premium cars to only interchange premium stock rims.) But it would be possible to have aftermarket wheels on all cars.

Too bad I don't work for Polyphony.
 
Can be a spelling/translation mistake like this... let's not forget that Polyphony is a japanese company...:

wut.png


Like wth Standard issue means? in this phrase?
 
I'll try and simplify this to show how simple it could be.

Aftermarket rims are all premium.
Standard cars have standard stock rims.
Premium cars have premium stock rims.

Stock rims cannot be interchanged, for example no Ferrari wheels on a Audi.

This way you can identify each car as 1, 2, 3, ... 1000...
You can then identify each aftermarket rim as a, b, c .... z...

So we can now say:
Car = 1
Rims = a

We can derive any possibility we wish.

The difference between standard & premium cars just means we can't change the stock rims about (If you want to complicate things, you could restrict standard cars to interchange only standard stock rims, and premium cars to only interchange premium stock rims.) But it would be possible to have aftermarket wheels on all cars.

Too bad I don't work for Polyphony.

You don't, I wonder why. Hmmm
 
so some of you guys wanna get Gran Turismo Just to change wheels?..

I know it is a minor let down ,but seriously guys....you should be happy that you can do actually mechanical modifications to standard cars..

It's not black and white bro, dont have a narrow view.

OF course its not ALL about the wheels its not even 5% about the wheels, but when you're telling me i have to drive some cars with the butt-ugly ass rims or even HUBCAPS they come with...thats something.
 
Just thought of a something: Perhaps the rims issue is because the customisation of those rims were made specifically for the Premium cars which would therefore make them incompatible with the Standard cars. which aren't made piece by piece. This is only a theory of mine of course so don't take as gospel.

If that's the case why isn't the guy who's making these vids using it?

Because the server probably isn't up yet.
 
Just for the people complaining about shenanigans with the wheels I just want to put this to you:

Shut up.

Thats off my chest. Thank you.

</publicserviceannouncement>

Right back at you!👎
If you were a real fan of the game, you would know that this move is actually a step back for the series, and that's the main reason why people are disappointed. :grumpy:
 
:lol:

Rims are just for replays and photo mode...

I don't care. You should love the cars, how they are.

GT is about effective tuning! It's not NFS Underground.

(Sorry, my english is maybe not that good)

yes you are right :)
 
Please someone tell me about this top gear test track special event.

Why is the track not listed in arcade mode?

Why is the special event just some random race with samba buses?

Why is it not the stig challenge anymore?

How do i just drive on the track without racing a damn samba bus?
 
Right back at you!👎
If you were a real fan of the game, you would know that this move is actually a step back for the series, and that's the main reason why people are disappointed. :grumpy:

So we should all shutup about it, WOOHOO!
sounds good to me. :)
 
Can be a spelling/translation mistake like this... let's not forget that Polyphony is a japanese company...:

wut.png


Like wth Standard issue means? in this phrase?

standard issue rims are the rims that come with your car when you buy it.

Stock rims would have probably been a better use of words.

So you can only paint aftermarket wheels.
 
Can be a spelling/translation mistake like this... let's not forget that Polyphony is a japanese company...:

wut.png


Like wth Standard issue means? in this phrase?

Stock rims.
 
Can be a spelling/translation mistake like this... let's not forget that Polyphony is a japanese company...:

wut.png


Like wth Standard issue means? in this phrase?

I take that to mean that the standard rims that come on EVERY car are the ones that cannot be painted.
 
I am a little disappointed I guess but its really not a huge deal. I got over it right after watching the video!
 
Back