GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,651 views
LOL, everything is simple until you try and make it happen ;)
👍:)


Yeah the positives massively, massively outweigh the lack of changing wheelrims on standards, though I will miss it.

Starting to think we should look at the 800 as bonus (as I'm sure the most sought after cars will be converted to Premium.)

To me 200 cars, with too many tracks (;P), crazy day/night/weather/race modifications/tuning/online/etc, will be worthy of my 60 dollars. And the time spent will soon be justifiable once we get it in our hands.

I shall still reserve an overall opinion until that happens :)

ps: And I'm sure the standards will look fine, I think it's the fact the premiums look damn amazing, but seems wheneverything is in motion, and the physics are doing it's thing, none of this will matter.
 
A bit of customisation would maybe make a single make and model online race replay have a bit of variety?
 
Please someone tell me about this top gear test track special event.

Why is the track not listed in arcade mode?

Why is the special event just some random race with samba buses?

Why is it not the stig challenge anymore?

How do i just drive on the track without racing a damn samba bus?

Its most likely you unlock the tracks in arcade mode as you progress more in GT mode or finishing races in arcade mode under beginner, intermediate and hard A.I like in previous GT games.
Its not the Stig challenge any more as there was that big story with changing the stig/colour etc. Naming it TopGear is more solid if anything happens/changes in that franchise.
 
Yes, that would have to still be an option as that actually has an impact on gameplay. Rims are just for appearance.

In the world of Kazunori, yes. And another thing FM got right. Who would've thought different rims have different weights.
I'll wait for someone to claim wheel weight doesn't affect performance.
 
can one of the guys with the copy, please buy a standard, and make a video of the customizing available, i.e. rims, aero parts etc.

please otherwise I can see this thread increasing by at least 20 pages just speaking about the rims.

Maybe they don't have enough credits. :lol:
 
Can someone please calm my fears?

Please someone tell me about this top gear test track special event.

Why is the track not listed in arcade mode?

Why is the special event just some random race with samba buses?

Why is it not the stig challenge anymore?

How do i just drive on the track without racing a damn samba bus?

How the heck do we just drive on the track?

I'll try.

It probably hasn't been unlocked yet (when you complete the special event it should become availible)

There are 3 special event by the look of it, 1. Samba busses. 2. Lotus Elise and 3. Might be the Evo V Imprezza event.

Don't know about stig.

Unlock it first, or pick a different special event.

See above.
 
Right back at you!👎
If you were a real fan of the game, you would know that this move is actually a step back for the series, and that's the main reason why people are disappointed. :grumpy:

But when the game comes and you race online bumper to bumper with other people, I don't believe it will matter. I'll be gracious in understanding where your coming from but it really shouldn't be a concern imo. Sorry for getting grumpy in my OP but I just felt people were getting picky.

P.S. I am a real fan of the series.
 
Here's a prediction for you:

No customization on the standard cars, except for paint.

I'll be surprised if we can even change the paint, the lack of wheel customization is depressing.
 
Same here, barely used the feature in GT4

Me too. Never really cared too much about that feature. Now that I think about it, I didn't bother with it either in previous GT games too so its never really mattered to me from the beginning.
 
Well, so much for 'Kaz the perfectionist...'
At least speculation is calming my fears!
 
Starting to think we should look at the 800 as bonus (as I'm sure the most sought after cars will be converted to Premium.)

To me 200 cars, with too many tracks (;P), crazy day/night/weather/race modifications/tuning/online/etc, will be worthy of my 60 dollars. And the time spent will soon be justifiable once we get it in our hands.

I agree with this.

To me, the game could have been $500, because I'm bound to spend a couple of hundred of hours on it and by that use, a couple of dollars per hour is a darn low price to pay for the entertainment.
 
I'll try.

It probably hasn't been unlocked yet (when you complete the special event it should become availible)

There are 3 special event by the look of it, 1. Samba busses. 2. Lotus Elise and 3. Might be the Evo V Imprezza event.

Don't know about stig.

Unlock it first, or pick a different special event.

See above.

Thanks guys, I feel a little better.

Still nervous though. It means a lot to me.
 
Me too. Never really cared too much about that feature. Now that I think about it, I didn't bother with it either in previous GT games too so its never really mattered to me from the beginning.

Same for me, it's a cool feature, but it's not going to make or break the game for me. It just baffles me the people who are saying the game is useless because of this...
 
same for me, it's a cool feature, but it's not going to make or break the game for me. It just baffles me the people who are saying the game is useless because of this...

+1
 
"Standard issue wheels" = stock wheels (same as in FM3, they cannot be painted). Standard/Premium cars/wheels have nothing to do with that.
We aren't missing anything...
 
me too. Never really cared too much about that feature. Now that i think about it, i didn't bother with it either in previous gt games too so its never really mattered to me from the beginning.

+1
 
woah, who has preorderd from Best Buy too??

I talked to Game Stop (where my copy is reserved) regarding this and they said that the game isn't being released until 1/1/2011. Obviously this isn't the case, but they were basically no help.
 
Gran Turismo 2 had 593 cars, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec had just 185 cars and GT4 had 762. This was a step back carwise, but the quality in graphics and everything else was a step forward. This is because of the platform change. I think we can all assume that GT5 will be amazing, whether or not we can change the wheels or not. GT3 didn't incorporate upscaled cars from GT2 so we should just be grateful that they didn't only give us the Premium cars.
 
WOW, the 3rd dealer video...Saw Tesla and the guy passed right over Maserati 3 times without selecting it. We need someone to slowly go through all the cars in the dealerships...and check out Maserati and Tesla...I wanna know if the Tesla Model S is there.
 
Head is going to explode. I've gotten to the point where a) I don't know whether people are being Sarcastic b) Obnoxious for the sake of it c) taking the piss, d) or being genuinely really stupid. The constant questions, requests, quick jumps to conclusions, arguing is getting out of hand. Its worth trawling through posts for genuine points of discussion, but this thread has just way out of hand.

still, i got GT5 to look foward too, and its going to be awesome 👍
 
LOL, everything is simple until you try and make it happen ;)

Hahaha...maybe we should give a simple explanation on his explanation.

Cars: 800 standard models
Rims: 50

Assumptions:
1. You can only swap aftermarket parts.
2. Only 800 standard cars.
3. Only 50 rims to swap with.
4. All standard models are modeled as a whole care, meaning a different car model for each rim.

Total models to make for rim swap to work: 800 X 50 = 40,000 different standard models base on rims.

Explanation done.

Anyhow, rims are for looks in GT franchise, and they are really only noticeable in replays or photo mode. So yes, it's disappointing to a certain extent, but it's nowhere a game-breaking feature like car sounds or physics.
 
Right back at you!👎
If you were a real fan of the game, you would know that this move is actually a step back for the series, and that's the main reason why people are disappointed. :grumpy:

While I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset, I'm not sure that was necessary. Sure he could have used something else other then shut up, but to label someone as "not a real fan" based solely on that comment just seems a tad overboard. I mean nothing personal so I hope you understand what I'm saying.
 
In the world of Kazunori, yes. And another thing FM got right. Who would've thought different rims have different weights.
I'll wait for someone to claim wheel weight doesn't affect performance.

Thats not true, in the GT Auto video, it says "Purchase new wheels or change your car´s existing set. Lightweight alloy wheels improve driving performance, as well as greatly enhancing the look of your car..."

Enough said.
 
Back