GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,651 views
It means wheels that came with the car, so if you want to paint your wheels, you need to buy new ones from GTAuto first.

This makes the most sense to me, as well.
 
Just thinking, have we seen arcade mode yet? There might be more tracks there or variation.

We have seen practice but that's in GT mode.
 
Hahaha...maybe we should give a simple explanation on his explanation.

Cars: 800 standard models
Rims: 50

Assumptions:
1. You can only swap aftermarket parts.
2. Only 800 standard cars.
3. Only 50 rims to swap with.
4. All standard models are modeled as a whole care, meaning a different car model for each rim.

Total models to make for rim swap to work: 800 X 50 = 40,000 different standard models base on rims.

Explanation done.

Anyhow, rims are for looks in GT franchise, and they are really only noticeable in replays or photo mode. So yes, it's disappointing to a certain extent, but it's nowhere a game-breaking feature like car sounds or physics.
Wheels are actually seperated from the model, and GT4 had rim swap, so it's the same there
 
Gran Turismo 2 had 593 cars, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec had just 185 cars and GT4 had 762. This was a step back carwise, but the quality in graphics and everything else was a step forward. This is because of the platform change. I think we can all assume that GT5 will be amazing, whether or not we can change the wheels or not. GT3 didn't incorporate upscaled cars from GT2 so we should just be grateful that they didn't only give us the Premium cars.

A great point, I have to admit. GT3 was a huge step backwards from GT2. GT4 didn't do a whole lot outside of a wing and some new tracks and cars. At least here with GT5 we get our racing mods back with some Aero kits, and custom paint. I can understand people being upset about Standard cars not being all that customizable. But when you look at what is offered. This game is a huge step up from GT4.
 
Enough said.

yeah and right after that it says "You cannot change the wheels on a standard model car" which means if you can't change them, you sure as heck can't buy new ones to put on it to paint.
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.👍
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

Try CTRL+R for a while! 👍
 
some people are saying: "ill not be much on gtp forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, i can't work in my full potential, i sleep and wake up thinking about the game and i'm in the forums all day long waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

+1
 
Thanks for this, been wondering what a "paint item" is exactly. So would it be right to assume that you only unlock certain colours only when you recieve a car in that colour? i.e. sunburst yellow. Maybe it only applies to rare or unique colours. hmmm

Tuners will love to earn all TVR colors!! :D Got flipflop?
 
What to say about the old Mopars? I remember the Cuda and Charger on GT4 having like 1 gazillion of colors :D
 
seems pretty clear wheels cannot be changed on standard cars....
 
It's interesting that the trophy didn't unlock until he clicked on the car delivery. Maybe you can unlock 7 trophies at once by getting all the licenses and then clicking on the car delivery thing.

I like the Car Delivery. That way you can race and race and race and when you're done or need a brake you can go check out all the cars you've won. And you jump in a prize car immediately. :)
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

Everyone is. :lol:
 
Speaking of rims/alloys, I preferred the 2nd hand market rims, where you can put BMW rims on say a Mercedes and so on, specially the ones without the logos. Hope thats still in even if its for premium models only. Loved it.
 
yeah and right after that it says "You cannot change the wheels on a standard model car" which means if you can't change them, you sure as heck can't buy new ones to put on it to paint.

I stand corrected.
 
In the world of Kazunori, yes. And another thing FM got right. Who would've thought different rims have different weights.
I'll wait for someone to claim wheel weight doesn't affect performance.

true. I have 8.4lb Enkei RPF-1's on my Miata and it made a world of difference vs. the 13lb stock wheels...
 
Tuners will love to earn all TVR colors!! :D Got flipflop?

haha true! surely some cars must be limited in terms of applying unlockable paint too, say ferrari, surely they would not be too happy about certain colours being applied to their babies, but i could be wrong. And i would assume some range of base colours would be avaliable from the get go. Its interesting.
 
Kaz must be smiling about all this...

Jesus!!! Release the Game!!!!!!!

If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

OMG i'm glad someone said it out loud. I totally feel that way. I just hope when the game comes out I dont go through some kind of forum withdrawal. :crazy:
 
It's interesting that the trophy didn't unlock until he clicked on the car delivery. Maybe you can unlock 7 trophies at once by getting all the licenses and then clicking on the car delivery thing.

I like the Car Delivery. That way you can race and race and race and when you're done or need a brake you can go check out all the cars you've won. And you jump in a prize car immediately. :)

I like car delivery because now when you win a car, theres a more interactual, physicial indication its coming. To me, it just adds a great touch to potentially winning one of those cars you can't purchase at the dealership.
 
Speaking of rims/alloys, I preferred the 2nd hand market rims, where you can put BMW rims on say a Mercedes and so on, specially the ones without the logos. Hope thats still in even if its for premium models only. Loved it.

Good point. I remember that the Subaru rims are all HUGE... so, if you want a bigger rim, you just needed to use them in GT4 :D
 
The only thing I can see why we cant change wheels for the standard cars because we will have more options with rims now Size, Width offset, and the standard could not handle this.
 
If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think

I've never ordered from Best Buy, but on Amazon they don't charge until they have it packaged and ready to mail as soon as the card is approved
 
Back