GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,197 views
Its must be posible the game been release without anoucement??

sorry for my english.
 
I understand damage only for racecars, as example the Audi R10 race car is not the kind of car what every-day customers are looking for to buy. So ''bad marketing'' with damage does not hurt Audi sales, but if you can crash a Audi R4 into pieces while a Mercedes keeps going after the same crash Audi looks bad.

Of course thats bullsh... but thats the way car manufacturers think.:ouch:

Learnin new things every day :)
 
Some people are saying: "ill not be much on GTP forums until the game is out" is starting to make sense...

For the last 3 days, I can't work in my full potential, I sleep and wake up thinking about the game and I'm in the forums ALL DAY LONG waiting for news.

Yeah, i'm addicted.

What to do?

F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5! F5!

Definitely. I'm on it all day at the office, and my class was cancelled today so I'm at home for lunch on it. It can't be healthy! :scared:
 
The only thing I can see why we cant change wheels for the standard cars because we will have more options with rims now Size, Width offset, and the standard could not handle this.

If thats the case, then that could tie in the theory I have about the Rims being specifically made for the Premiums.
 
How hard would it have been to make a standard rim shop?
 
Speaking of rims/alloys, I preferred the 2nd hand market rims, where you can put BMW rims on say a Mercedes and so on, specially the ones without the logos. Hope thats still in even if its for premium models only. Loved it.

With the loss of putting wheels on a standard I'm sure that great 'Today's Special' is gone
 
How hard would it have been to make a standard rim shop?

Obviously pretty hard or too time consuming or it would be in the game?

Maybe GT5's engine isn't made in such a way that would allow this to happen?

Maybe the Standard cars are indeed handled differently to the Premium ones?
 
This is definitely viral now. Videos are reactive to comments although still restrained in their nature.

Sony still need to note that cheap advertising on the biggest GT fansite on the net achieves very few more sales than no advertising at all. We are buying it guys; all you are doing is annoying us and disappointing people who know nothing about the game as inaccurate stories about the game slip out of here.

Mass media advertising sells it to the masses.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm french and i don't understand :

"If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think"

What does it mean ? (Someone to explain plz ??) thx.
 
Its must be posible the game been release without anoucement??

sorry for my english.


No, it doesn't work like that lol. Announcement should happen in a few days.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm french and i don't understand :

"If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think"

What does it mean ? (Someone to explain plz ??) thx.

People are reporting that their credit cards are being charged on their pre orders, this could indicate that the vendor has the goods ready for shipping.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm french and i don't understand :

"If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think"

What does it mean ? (Someone to explain plz ??) thx.

It would mean that some stores are shipping the game.
Does that help?
 
Its must be posible the game been release without anoucement??

sorry for my english.

There is a possibility. Some people stated before that Little Big Planet came out when there really wasn't an official date really set, and that Amazon was given the green light to ship that game when they had it. So anything is possible. 💡
 
Obviously pretty hard or too time consuming or it would be in the game?

Could they at least have ported them over when they ported the cars?
 
Hi everyone,

I'm french and i don't understand :

"If those stories of cards getting charged are true we might be getting it sooner than we think"

What does it mean ? (Someone to explain plz ??) thx.

Si ces histoires de cartes de crédit se sont chargés vrai que nous peut-être l'obtenir plus tôt que prévu
 
How hard would it have been to make a standard rim shop?

To be honest I don't think PD wanted to spend too much time on standard cars. They are already a thing of the past so I see why they want to limit their already big influence on GT5.
 
People being charged for GT5 on their cards from bestbuy...

Maybe Amar212 really did mean 24 hours.... not 24th November...

-------

Also, people talking about 'damage being carried over after races'... This was already confirmed as not in the game. I can't source it at the moment but I'm certain I've read it. The damage thing in the GT Auto means re-strengthening the chassis from hard use over time, stressing your car over time causes it to loose rigidity causing less stable handling and things such as increased body roll. This process simply re-strengthens all the chassis so that handling is better and possibly some improvements in aerodynamics.

It is not fixing damage from past races/events.

(We had this in GT4...Remember?)
 
Thanks Karooo. They are reporting Credit Cards Being Charged, that is why i ask.

I don´t want Noel, i don´t want happy new year... I want it Now SONY!!!!! ARrrrrggggggg..........
 
This is definitely viral now. Videos are reactive to comments although still restrained in their nature.

Sony still need to note that cheap advertising on the biggest GT fansite on the net achieves very few more sales than no advertising at all. We are buying it guys; all you are doing is annoying us and disappointing people who know nothing about the game as inaccurate stories about the game slip out of here.

Mass media advertising sells it to the masses.

I agree, Its a bit suspicious that they haven't started advertising when its less than 15 days to go for release.

Definitely viral.
 
Could they at least have ported them over when they ported the cars?

I know what your saying, on the face of it it seems like a pretty simple thing to do.

There must be more to it than that, the only thing I can think of is that whatever way GT5's engine handles the standard cars doesn't allow the wheels to be changed, a compromise I for one, am more than happy to put up with if it means I get all the new stuff GT5's engine is bringing to the table.
 
Well ive pre ordered mine from my mate who owns a local game shop and he always gets his new releases on a thursday so i might find out in a few hours ... im guessing we are not that lucky though
 
Am i the only one who doesn't give a hoot about the whole standard cars cannot have rim upgrades?

This isn't a game about making your car looking nice,it's about racing end of story.

I'm sure once those of you who are complaining about this pops in GT5 and has a few races will soon forget about this.

No, you're not the only one. But a lot of us think our cars should look aesthetically pleasing as well as being able to run the Ring sub 7:30.00.
 
I know what your saying, on the face of it it seems like a pretty simple thing to do.

There must be more to it than that, the only thing I can think of is that whatever way GT5's engine handles the standard cars doesn't allow the wheels to be changed, a compromise I for one, am more than happy to put up with if it means I get all the new stuff GT5's engine is bringing to the table.

No doubt man Standard cars not being able to have changeable rims means that there must be something new with the rim selection EX rim size, width, offset. It would of been cool though if they brought the old rims back from GT4 for the standards. Here is hope for DLC.
 
Back