GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,197 views
I really don't understand the part about the rims... it's totall clear to me

Purchase new Wheels = Aftermarket Rims
Change Cars existing Wheels = Change Stock Wheels Size (width perhabs)

So you can not change the Stock Wheel Size(Width) on your Standard Car (no Problem for me), but you can purchase new aftermarket Wheels

Simple as this
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

It's your own choice to watch the leaked videos or not.
 
Thx to all whose answered to me ;) (google translator sux :) )
 
What means Viral?

thanks

Viral marketing/advertising would mean advertising the game using social media websites such as facebook, youtube, and in this case, gtplanet.
 
The whole "color item thing" remember me of something.

Any of you did hybrids in GT2 using Gameshark/Pro Action Replay?

It worked with hex codes for all kind of stuff and in some rare cases you could specify a color from another car in the hybrid car...

That just make me think of something... Polyphony hasn't changed the way it works since GT2 :P All is based on the color code for each car/maker...

Dunno if its good or bad, but in the real world in most cases when you're going to paint your car in a different color, you go to the painter or the paint shop and say: "I want the Blue from Porsche, or I want the same yellow as Ferraris"...

Seems accurate. But technically speaking, more complicated that just specifying a RGB value for the colors and giving a color pallete? Dunno, I'm no programmer :P

Or, its just related to the gift/dlc thing, where you may be able to gift/exchange colors with your friends.

Just some toughts... still in the color department. It's so simple for other games, but for us GT enthusiasts its so "new" :D
 
OMG i'm glad someone said it out loud. I totally feel that way. I just hope when the game comes out I dont go through some kind of forum withdrawal. :crazy:
I even have nightmares :s thinking I already have the game and for a really good price! Really! Yesterdays night... drove me nuts, constant concentration loss at work :grumpy:
 
What means Viral?

thanks

Viral means spreading fast, like a Virus or infection...

Simply put,

one person makes a video.
2 people watch the video.
these 2 people send the video to 2 friends
now 6 people have watched the video.
these 6 people send the video to 2 friends
now 18 people have watched the video.
these 18 people send the video to 2 friends
etc etc until in a day or two millions have seen it.

Therefore the videos from rybakdany have 'gone viral'.
 
And that is good for us??

thanks to all

Bad, very bad, takes it's name from "Virus" which are nasty little things, but Sony would never do such a thing now, would they...........
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

I`m glad it turned out this way though. This has been a display how not to do things from beginning to end. The amount of disrespect from a company to its customers, I think I have never seen it this bad before.

People planning their purchases and their time based on info from a company like this, its just sad to watch.
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

If true, 13 days.... less than two weeks, would you rather a close date and get that one delayed and get the 'soon' speech :nervous: Leave the pirates to play the game, not having the fresh sensation of having the case.
 
I don't even care if you can't change rims on standard cars. It's probably because the individual panels on the standard cars aren't modelled. They might have RMs which is a bit easier since it's just a completely different car, but the rims are probably modelled using the Premium level detail and models.

They could have at least given the standard cars a generic set of wheels to choose from. What pisses me off is the fact that changing the rims on the premium cars will enhance performance, so I think its bs that the standard cars don't get the same treatment.
 
Viral means spreading fast, like a Virus or infection...

Simply put,

one person makes a video.
2 people watch the video.
these 2 people send the video to 2 friends
now 6 people have watched the video.
these 6 people send the video to 2 friends
now 18 people have watched the video.
these 18 people send the video to 2 friends
etc etc until in a day or two millions have seen it.


Thanks!!!👍
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

I`m glad it turned out this way though. This has been a display how not to do things from beginning to end. The amount of disrespect from a company to its customers, I think I have never seen it this bad before.

People planning their purchases and their time based on info from a company like this, its just sad to watch.

I pre-ordered my copy 27 December 2009 :nervous:
 
And that is good for us??

thanks to all

viral marketing can be very effective, but in this case, I think most of us would rather just have a release date.
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly. We will still buy it, and it may be a fantastic game...but it will not get the buzz it could have if all this was revealed closer to launch.

I`m glad it turned out this way though. This has been a display how not to do things from beginning to end. The amount of disrespect from a company to its customers, I think I have never seen it this bad before.

People planning their purchases and their time based on info from a company like this, its just sad to watch.

have to agree on this, they haven't said a peep and more and more game videos are coming out
 
If they put in an update for the allowance of rims for Standards, or if they bring in rims specifically for standards then I'll be happy. Rims do a lot for a car. Not to mention the fact that Bronzed Subaru Rims look good on the 240Sx (my opinion not a fact). But just an example. I was already quite annoyed when they restricted the use of rims on race cars from GT3 to GT4.
 
The whole "color item thing" remember me of something.

Any of you did hybrids in GT2 using Gameshark/Pro Action Replay?

It worked with hex codes for all kind of stuff and in some rare cases you could specify a color from another car in the hybrid car...

That just make me think of something... Polyphony hasn't changed the way it works since GT2 :P All is based on the color code for each car/maker...

Dunno if its good or bad, but in the real world in most cases when you're going to paint your car in a different color, you go to the painter or the paint shop and say: "I want the Blue from Porsche, or I want the same yellow as Ferraris"...

Seems accurate. But technically speaking, more complicated that just specifying a RGB value for the colors and giving a color pallete? Dunno, I'm no programmer :P

Or, its just related to the gift/dlc thing, where you may be able to gift/exchange colors with your friends.

Just some toughts... still in the color department. It's so simple for other games, but for us GT enthusiasts its so "new" :D

I did a few "hybrids" with ,GT3 i think it was, I had a mini with about 20" wheels, looked hilarious, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that with GT4.

I find it unlikely we'll be able to play around with GT5's hex codes somehow !
 
How are the licenses supposed to work now that there are levels? It used to be you had to have a certain license to enter a race event, but now it appears they are using levels instead, so what will we actually use our licenses for?
 
If true, 13 days.... less than two weeks, would you rather a close date and get that one delayed and get the 'soon' speech :nervous: Leave the pirates to play the game, not having the fresh sensation of having the case.

The effect is the same...people watch whats out there and its killing buzz...two weeks is a long time....things gets "old" by then...
 
I think its really good that the ppl have shown some stuff to us, at least we can se what the game will offer. Im glad i watched the videos, since i planned to buy a ps3 and gt5, thanks to the vids i wont buy and that is a good thing. In these days when many ppl just buy a console for a single game, its important to find out every bit of info.
 
If this was Sony they would only have shown us the good stuff, don't you think? Or have you forgot the ugly tearing, shading and standard rims?
 
People are reporting that their credit cards are being charged on their pre orders, this could indicate that the vendor has the goods ready for shipping.

Pre-ordered through Amazon (in September of 09!:scared:). No charge here. Could be just a BestBuy thing or it could be made up.
 
Back