GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,113 views
Yeah, but if you read your user manual in any of your games, there's an EULA, end user license agreement. Somewhere in there it clearly states, rental, public broadcast, reproduction, etc, etc, is strickly forbidden without written consent from Sony. :dunce:

And the EULA has no meaning in my country. The EULA of a movie says I'm not allowed to copy a movie. The law of my country say I can copy a movie if I own the original. Just like with music and software as long I'm not going around a copy-protection. And as long that copy is just for myself.
 
Wasn't there an event in NY that was supposed to happen yesterday or something? Anyone know anything about it?
 
I would kill or die for a copy of GT5 right now.. I was so bored of the constant delay, now my GT5 hype has been revived thanks to all this buzz, which is a good and a bad thing; not blaming you guys, of course, just saying, I reaaaally want this game now.. %_%

You waited how many years? What's the difference at this point? If someone told me today that its not coming out til like Feb., Id say, "well relative to how long ive been waiting, thats right around the corner!"
 
Sony sure is dropping the ball on GT5, unless this is their plan. I have to question their reason for this.
 
You waited how many years? What's the difference at this point? If someone told me today that its not coming out til like Feb., Id say, "well relative to how long ive been waiting, thats right around the corner!"

If i was told it wasnt coming out until feb now id drop a nuclear bomb on sony
 
No, it doesn't matter at all what you're filming. But you're from a different country with different rights. Apparently the industry has so much power there that they take your own rights away :).
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any problem in my country with filming the game in my own house. Just like filming a part of a movie is not a problem at all.

Youtube is in America, and is governed by the laws of which the company resides in.

There's no argument, if you film GT5, it's copyright infringement.

Futhermore, I find it extremely strange that Sony seems to be developing more time to stopping the game leaking than they are to giving us a date...

Doesn't make sense.
 
You waited how many years? What's the difference at this point? If someone told me today that its not coming out til like Feb., Id say, "well relative to how long ive been waiting, thats right around the corner!"

Honestly though, you'd be a little bit gutted! ;)

I'm gagging for this game to come out if I'm honest. I just want to see what cars are there and tracks and just be like "hmmm what car shall I play with today... my z4m coupe? or my 512BB?..." etc.
 
Oh, and could we all get of Rybaks' back (no pun intended), he has a life too (or maybe some of us don't have a life.. O_o) so we should stop requesting and start waiting.. Acc, bad idea, the wait will be too long.. I remember sitting at this very computer waiting for October to fly by; now I can't be bothered with this anymore.. GT5 will come out eventually, but I can't have planned for it because Sony won't spit out the release date.
 
Jordan is removing all videos too now.
 
if i was told it wasnt coming out till feb... seriously... i'd sell my ps3 buy an xbox and play the hell out of forza..

or go back to pc sim racing and modding..and TISH to sony and gt5
 
You waited how many years? What's the difference at this point? If someone told me today that its not coming out til like Feb., Id say, "well relative to how long ive been waiting, thats right around the corner!"

True, but the point is that I don't know yet; none of us do, or can be positive, but with all the hype on here and YT, anything could happen; it could be on shelves by tomorrow and Sony would keep it so HushHush we would have no idea.
 
And the EULA has no meaning in my country. The EULA of a movie says I'm not allowed to copy a movie. The law of my country say I can copy a movie if I own the original. Just like with music and software as long I'm not going around a copy-protection. And as long that copy is just for myself.

End User License Agreements are applied as soon as you part with your cash buddy, you agree to whatever conditions sony lays down.
 
I do not know, I have not try all possibilities to the game ..... I have a wife, child and work .... I can not just sit at Gran Turismo and round the clock to play and try all options ...

This is the definition of a man, ladies and gentlemen.
 
if i was told it wasnt coming out till feb... seriously... i'd sell my ps3 buy an xbox and play the hell out of forza..

or go back to pc sim racing and modding..and sony and gt5
Forza??...sell your PS3...you are crazy....Play rFactor at Pc but don´t say this abou x·"$·"· and F·"·"·...ok?
 
Jordan is removing all videos too now.


Yep. Why is SONY tripping ?

We are hardcore lovers of GT5 .... noway that hundreds of thousands of people are watching those clips, just hardcore GT fans.
 
dont mean to be negative. but come review time you can guarantee this game wont be reviewed for the content and depth it has. but for the content it doesn't have, or the content that its rivals have, ie forza.
 
It says a lot about GT and PD, and Kaz, that people expect perfection automotically...

GT5 has damage* is known to be limited depending on car
GT5 has weather* is known to be limited depending on track
GT5 has interiors*is only available on roughly 20% of cars-standard feature for most racers this gen
GT5 has a course maker*more of a course generator with limited options
GT5 has far better graphics*unless you count standards
GT5 has far better sound*certain cars are improved over GT4s sound, wasn't a very highly set bar
GT5 has online play*par for the course in nearly all games, let alone racers
GT5 has ~1000 cars*80% recycled material
GT5 has WRC
GT5 has karts
GT5 has NASCAR
.
FYP
I can imagine an ad for GT5 like a finacial services add with shouting about its great new feature and then in a hurried voice saying "terms & conditions apply".
 
Yes he owns copyright to video's he has shot. BUT he does not own any rights to the contents of the video. he used gt5 content without permission from the copyright holders (Sony). this will be the reason he has had to remove them.
 
Yep. Why is SONY tripping ?

We are hardcore lovers of GT5 .... noway that hundreds of thousands of people are watching those clips, just hardcore GT fans.

If sony censor all content we get shown, what does that make you want even more? :scared:

Sony have managed to get everyone on this forum tweaking about a game that doesn't have a release date yet.
 
It seems to me that we will see the whole game on Youtube before Sony even decides to give us a release date.

with all the new vids poping up in every thread I feel like my excitment is fading just that little bit...

but that could be just me.
 
What's happening to Amar? what's about his post in NeoGaf and can he confirm it again?
 
Last edited:
It's nonsense, since you made the video yourself. And that video of the stuff SCEA wants cannot be banned,a s this was your own home vid and there's nothing wrong with that.

That's also why there are so many F1 races recorded with a camera on youtube ;). FIA can't do anything against these. That video you made is your copyright, not SCEA's.
If you used FRAPS it would be a very different situation..
Actually, SONY have every right to request their removal. Even if you record a game that has launched you are still technically reproducing copyright material without permission. Of course this is not enforced on games that are out on general release because it's harmless and totally expected. However, in this case, the game is not officially released and was acquired by a method unsanctioned by SONY. Not only that, it is potentially harmful to their marketing efforts and ultimately sales, so yes, they absolutely can (and have) request videos to be removed.

As for you likening it to recording an F1 race on your own camera, that's completely different. As long as you are not broadcasting the footage live from your camera, the FIA are not concerned. The race is over, it has already been broadcast by the licensed broadcasters, so what harm is there in people posting their own videos of the race on YouTube? None at all, and that's why FIA don't go after people, although being a ticketed event, technically they could do if they had conditions of entry.
 
Forza??...sell your PS3...you are crazy....Play rFactor at Pc but don´t say this abou x·"$·"· and F·"·"·...ok?

well in all honesty...

im not best pleased with sony / pd at the moment..

i have never played forza, because im a GT man always have been..

but if iam unable to play this game until next year... when i know its in the stores ready t go... ill not be happy and wont be giving sony my support in terms of money.

so ok.. RFACTOR / GTR2 / IRACING / GTR EVO / GT LEGENDS it would be
 
dont mean to be negative. but come review time you can guarantee this game wont be reviewed for the content and depth it has. but for the content it doesn't have, or the content that its rivals have, ie forza.

Good point; probably because the wait will have been so long, and new ideas will be popping up in Micro$ofts' (crappy little, egocentric, scheming, money-making) heads that the reviewers will not notice the Course Maker (no other game has it, 'yet') or the little details like the immaculate cockpits, or the randomized rally stages. This, I'm afraid is the world we live in.
 
Back