GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,732 views
I used to think that videos of someone playing a game weren't violating copyright, but here is what I found from searching online:

[I emailed to ask if posting gameplay videos violates copyright]

Here is the answer I received from the U.S. Copyright Office:

"No that is not allowed.
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:

(1) to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies
(2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work;
(3) to distribute copies of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
(4) to perform the copyrighted work publicly; and
(5) to display the copyright work publicly.

What you would be doing could be in violation of number 5 and possibly number 4, which would subject you to copyright infringement."

I guess it makes sense if you consider that the sounds and artwork in the game are copyrighted.
 
I wonder on which legal grounds those videos are being removed, it was obvious that these guys own legal copies of GT5 so how on earth can it be forbidden to upload videos of content you legally own?
 
Anybody UK users ordered off logitech UK before. If so PM please. Thanks in advance :)
 
No, EULA's have no lawful base in the Netherlands as you (usually) can't read them before purchase ;). In fact you should be able to an EULA in a gameshop before an EULA would be lawful here. It's forbidden to sell stuff with unknown agreements in my country.

You live in EU - youre are bound to (c) rules like everyone else. Simple - it is illegal - period.

I wonder on which legal grounds those videos are being removed, it was obvious that these guys own legal copies of GT5 so how on earth can it be forbidden to upload videos of content you legally own?

I dont see where it is obvious they are legal - in fact, i think its much more likeley they arent. Even if they were, SONY still have (c) over the material, so in either case SONY has the upperhand.
 
Yes they might. But I'm seeing more and more that those home filming vids are usually not removed, while a direct rip from the cable- or satellite receiver are removed within hours.:dunce:

Youtube is a US based company, they will remove the video if sony requests them to.

If you want to be more certain your video stays up on the net you should use a videosite that doesn't care about what sony thinks, some russian site or something :p

you could try dumpert.nl but i don't think it'll pass the editors. :p
 
I don't know where the whole February thing started from, but if I wake up tomorrow to the news that it's coming out in February I 'm going straight to the shop to buy Red Dead Redemption and Sony can go to hell with their secret game.
 
I just saw the video from GT auto and something that caught my attention was on the wheels part. It says that we can't change the rims in any of the Standard cars? It's rather disappointing that you can't change the rims in 800+ cars
 
I just saw the video from GT auto and something that caught my attention was on the wheels part. It says that we can't change the rims in any of the Standard cars? It's rather disappointing that you can't change the rims in 800+ cars

NOOOOO!!! not again
 
was there a car delivery video that i missed?

Yes, the player got their winning car for completing the licence test. He also unlocked a colour. Am guessing its also where we can hopefully gift cars to one another or even sell if its available.
 
I bet my own pre-ordered copy of GT5 that who says today "I've lost interest in GT5", will be playing it in their home the next month and forget all this lazyness from Sony... I'm a bit disappointed too, but the more time pass, the higher hype I get... no one here is happy when a delay is announced, but I think is a bit exagerated to say "I've totally lost interest in GT5"... come on guys, we are next to play the best racing game, be optimistic! :)
 
I don't know where the whole February thing started from, but if I wake up tomorrow to the news that it's coming out in February I 'm going straight to the shop to buy Red Dead Redemption and Sony can go to hell with their secret game.

February??!?! No way :!!! :ouch:
 
Just imagine filming your kids playing GT5 on Christmas morning while music playing in the background of Perry Cole or some other music that might be copyrighted. Who owns your family video and the right to distribute it to other friends. Does all TV & music have to be turned off to put up on YouTube. I Guess these images of leaked GT5 are more like filming a stolen car.
 
Yeah whts the story about Feburary plz?
Sorry just got out of a 3hr exam
 
Despite all the speculation and here say. This game will not disappoint me. GT never has, and I doubt it ever will. When they release the game I will be more than happy to give them my money for it. They worked hard on it, I worked hard for my money. Its a fair exchange. I like that they do the secrecy thing, it really builds up anticipation, wonder, and excitement. Specially for us die hard fans who will appreciate the game no matter what. What it boils down to in all actuality is the more people complain, gripe, and moan about a release date, the longer it will seem. Go outside, take a deep breath, and realize there's more to life than waiting for a game to be announced. It will be here before you know it.
 
EULAs are secondary to general copyright law. Now, I have no idea how it is over there, but here, if something has the copyright symbol on it, that means you cannot reproduce any of the item in part or in full without written permission from the copyright owner. In this case, people recorded the game running on their TV without permission from SONY.
The law is a bit strange with EULA's you can only read after purchase.. EULA's are stupid anyway as..
Well:
You buy GT5 without knowing what's in the EULA.
Your brother installs it, reads the EULA
You play it, but YOU did never accept the EULA, you've never read it. So are you allowed to play GT5? Not really, since you didn't accept it. Are you allowed to film GT5? Yes, as you didn't know that wasn't allowed because you hadn't seen the EULA.
While your brother is allowed to play the game, but not film the game because he accepted the EULA.
 
Despite all the speculation and here say. This game will not disappoint me. GT never has, and I doubt it ever will. When they release the game I will be more than happy to give them my money for it. They worked hard on it, I worked hard for my money. Its a fair exchange. I like that they do the secrecy thing, it really builds up anticipation, wonder, and excitement. Specially for us die hard fans who will appreciate the game no matter what. What it boils down to in all actuality is the more people complain, gripe, and moan about a release date, the longer it will seem. Go outside, take a deep breath, and realize there's more to life than waiting for a game to be announced. It will be here before you know it.

Such a motivational speech, hats off to you sir! :)
 
Every time when there's a slight chance a useless discussion is over, someone else is starting it all up from the beginning again. Makes me tired. Going to bed now, take care guys, was fun to see the videos though.

As usual, let's hope for some reliable information tomorrow.
 
Latest news from here:Seems that some one got GT5 copy's from MediaWorld stock(maybe an assistant)!
 
Latest news from here:Seems that some one got GT5 copy's from MediaWorld stock(maybe an assistant)!

Mediaworld? you mean the one near "Romanina" zone? I'm from Rome too... if it's true, I'll be there tomorrow trying to corrupt one of these assistant!!
 
OMG it's coming out in February!!!!!!!????????

I just called Blockbusters right now to ask about the release date of my preorder, just for fun of course. The employee said "February".

I was silent for a couple of seconds.
 
To spend time before GT5 I decided to buy GT1 and GT2 for 15 euros...
I bought Tourist Trophy and was hard to find it! Yeah for PS2.
 
Back