GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,781 views
Why does it not say you cant purchase wheels on a standard car then?
Too much to write? It flat says you can't change standard rims. Seems pretty clear cut to me....but I guess until someone trys or we have the game we won't know for sure.

Hoping against hope hasn't worked before with GT.
 
Now that HKS controller looks weird. I guess I'll stick to my G25 or to the Sixaxis (if I'm too lazy to set up the G25)



But what if you can't put rims on your Bugatti?!
inb4 emo raid

:lol:
 
its not a lie you muppet...

it was just a statment... STATING.. if i hear that GT doesnt have this feature.. i wont be buying it..

back to school for you old son..

as for a waste of space... i never made any personal attacks at you.. and this place is not meant to be here for that...

i think an infraction / warning should be dished out for that .... !!!

Yeah no worries its worth the warning, I read alot of rubbish on here while trying to find news and your post was the tipping point for me. So i'm just going to end this post right now before I say anything more.
 
Despite all the speculation and here say. This game will not disappoint me. GT never has, and I doubt it ever will. When they release the game I will be more than happy to give them my money for it. They worked hard on it, I worked hard for my money. Its a fair exchange. I like that they do the secrecy thing, it really builds up anticipation, wonder, and excitement. Specially for us die hard fans who will appreciate the game no matter what. What it boils down to in all actuality is the more people complain, gripe, and moan about a release date, the longer it will seem. Go outside, take a deep breath, and realize there's more to life than waiting for a game to be announced. It will be here before you know it.

👍👍👍👍
 
Why does it not say you cant purchase wheels on a standard car then?

Perhaps they assume that people will understand what they mean when they say "You cannot change wheels on a Standard Model car." What's the point in purchasing rims to put on a standard model car if "You cannot change wheels on a Standard Model car."?

I think you're being far too optimistic in over-analyzing the text.
 
:lol:
ussmicrosoft.jpg

I looool'd soo hard :lol:
 
Yeah no worries its worth the warning, I read alot of rubbish on here while trying to find news and your post was the tipping point for me. So i'm just going to end this post right now before I say anything more.

ATTABOY.... !! :sly:
 
No female car enthusiast would do that? Why not?? Now that people mention customizing cars for online racing, I see why that is a cool idea. If you have some favorite cars and you're in the top ranks online, wouldn't it be nice if people recognize your cars?

You really want to see a Hello Kitty Ferrari huh...

hello-kitty-ferrari.jpg


or a Pikachu Car...

pikachu_car.jpg


Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

But in all seriousness, let GT5 do what it's good at, meticulous details on cars, awesome physics, and overall a piece of art and let other games like Forza deal with over the top customization, and NFS with crazy damage. GT should stick to being the best in one or two categories than being mediocre in everything, which it is.
 
Last edited:
Perhaps they assume that people will understand what they mean when they say "You cannot change wheels on a Standard Model car." What's the point in purchasing rims to put on a standard model car if "You cannot change wheels on a Standard Model car."?

I think you're being far too optimistic in over-analyzing the text.

Im not the only one .. my argument is valid ..
 
Once the game is out. Bye Bye GTP? I got on this site to read, and discuss driving on GT5p. GT5 is what looks to be 4 or 5 times the content of GT5p. So I'll be back, but not to discuss rim colors granted.
 
the more we talk about the wheels is the more it hurts since im a die hard fan...so its best we move forward and try to forget we ever saw that video in terms of standard car wheels
 
The topic is now about cookies....GO!

No it is not,it has always been about GT5 and will never change to being about cookies.If you post about cookies you can get this thread locked and you can get banned for violation of the AUP.Please stay in topic.
 
That HKS controller actually looks pretty sweet, and could be a good option for somebody who can't splash out on a wheel or something for now, could be pretty good.
 
the more we talk about the wheels is the more it hurts since im a die hard fan...so its best we move forward and try to forget we ever saw that video in terms of standard car wheels

Agreed .. if they cant be changed they cant .. doesnt spoil the game for me
 
Once the game is out. Bye Bye GTP? I got on this site to read, and discuss driving on GT5p. GT5 is what looks to be 4 or 5 times the content of GT5p. So I'll be back, but not to discuss rim colors granted.

Didn't get your post but yeah I meant gtplanet
 
You really want to see a Hello Kitty Ferrari huh...

hello-kitty-ferrari.jpg


or a Pikachu Car...

pikachu_car.jpg


Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

Maybe even a Bratz Lamborghini could make an appearance :lol:
 
Why does Gran Turismo 5 have to have what Forza has. Why can't they be their own thing. When people argue about one having some the other one has is stupid. Do people argue that COD has different guns or costumes than Halo! I've never understood this. Just because you can do something in one game doesn't make it bad if you can't on the other. They are completely different games. If you like to paint cars buy Forza and if you like to race everyday cars buy Gran Turismo 5. You can always buy both if they mean so much to you. I'm sure they are both good in their own right.

That is because people put everything in context. All here allready know the customization possibilites forza 3 has, and are hoping that they could mod their cars in that extent in gt5 also, since gt5 do have things that are better than forza aswell, and gt5 is a brand new game, something new.

Forza and gt5 isn't so different since both wants to sell themselves as driving simulators, where you actually can chouse what you want to do with your car.

Customization is also very inressting because it is the part in games that are limited, there aren't many good games out there that offers custom parts to cars ingame, I mean parts that exist in real life.

Speaking of customization, game developers really have to work with that part, aswell as other parts.
 
Well I understand the views of people that are arguing about rims. You want to make your car look unique, but then again we don't know what kind of options they have. No video or further pictures has been released when choosing that option on a standard car even though it says it... we don't know that for a fact. In GT4 you were allowed to change the rims on any car.

I also notice that there are lots of grammatical and spelling errors.
 
There should of been Wheels for Standard and Premium separate.It would look wrong having high polygon premium wheels on Standard car, so thats maybe why you cant change them for Standards.
 
You really want to see a Hello Kitty Ferrari huh...

hello-kitty-ferrari.jpg


or a Pikachu Car...

pikachu_car.jpg


Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

Thats a very bad argument, you always chouse the worst example, lets take this example, thats why i want to mod cars, and make custom designs:

2643185257_ffe138be0a.jpg


Worlds_fastest_Supra.jpg
 
Random fact, in the time it took them to make this game I have gone through 2 xbox 360's, not bashing the game or the xbox I just found that funny, killing time.
 
You really want to see a Hello Kitty Ferrari huh...

hello-kitty-ferrari.jpg


or a Pikachu Car...

pikachu_car.jpg


Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

Their money, their cars, their decision, and their imagination...you (not specifically singling you out, but am rather generalizing) don't like it - close your eyes and/or shut the 🤬 up. It's as simple as that.

The reasons people don't want a livery because "I don't want to see x and y" is just flat out stupid. No one is forcing you to purchase or look at these designs. By continuously acknowledging them, you may even be dumber than the people whom you (not referring to you in particular) are branding as having no taste. It's a game, and just as everyone else seems to say: "You don't like/don't want to use it? Then don't.

It's a feature that every other racing game seems to adopt in some form or another, and because GT doesn't have it....it'll be panned for it and every other feature that Forza, Shift, Ferrari Challenge, etc has that GT doesn't have.

Case closed.
 
Back