GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,781 views
I personally will probably never, or very very rarely use the livery editor. I really couldn't care less what people think of what my car looks like, and I'm not going to be looking at it from inside the car am I?
 
Ok enough with the "liveries", my eyes are bleeding.
 
You really want to see a Hello Kitty Ferrari huh...

hello-kitty-ferrari.jpg


or a Pikachu Car...

pikachu_car.jpg


Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

But in all seriousness, let GT5 do what it's good at, meticulous details on cars, awesome physics, and overall a piece of art and let other games like Forza deal with over the top customization, and NFS with crazy damage. GT should stick to being the best in one or two categories than being mediocre in everything, which it is.

I disagree !!! why should we race solid colors cars ?

When I see car shows..."most" of those cars have more then just solid colors red,blue,whit,grey etc....

So if you are an enthusiast, that means you also like the color combinations and "decals" not just physics etc....
 
Ok enough with the "liveries", my eyes are bleeding.
Why is everyone killing every discussion? As long as it's in control it's fine no? How hard is it to skip the posts if you don't want to see it. As fast as the thread moves it'll be gone in 2 minutes anyways.
 
this is supposed to be a simulator right? so the only use of a livery editor could be to recreate an authentic racing livery on a car.. not too add a spiderman picture. Seems a bit pointless to add a feature that such a tiny minority of ppl will even use
 
Gran Turismo 5 is a driving simulator not a livery editor simulator. I'm fine with that. It's always been that way and I've always LOVED the game.
 
I disagree !!! why should we race solid colors cars ?

When I see car shows..."most" of those cars have more then just solid colors red,blue,whit,grey etc....

So if you are an enthusiast, that means you also like the color combinations and "decals" not just physics etc....

I think I've figured it out. there are people who want GT5 for the driving experience don't really care for liveries, and then there are those who want GT5 to be a full featured car experience, where you might take your car out for a couple of laps after modding it.
 
Where did you read about the re-release of the G27. Can I have the website please thanks. I would like to buy one

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/10/wheel-releases-hint-at-gt5-date/
Sorry re-release date is the 25th not 23rd as earlyer stated
I bought my dfgt from argos because it was cheaper than anywhere else.
I would read some independant reviews of the g27 before parting with the cash, there a more than a few with calibration problems.and full support for gt5 is not confirmed.
 
this is supposed to be a simulator right? so the only use of a livery editor could be to recreate an authentic racing livery on a car.. not too add a spiderman picture. Seems a bit pointless to add a feature that such a tiny minority of ppl will even use

I'd use it, occasionally. I'd like it if it were present, I got used to it back in the 90s and then these features just disappeared from racing games.

Granted I'll regret seeing some people's "artistry" online, but I'm no Matisse et al. myself.
 
Why is everyone killing every discussion? As long as it's in control it's fine no? How hard is it to skip the posts if you don't want to see it. As fast as the thread moves it'll be gone in 2 minutes anyways.
Because personally I don't know why you should keep talking about it. The feature is not in and it has already been discussed to death in the appropriate threads.

P.S. And my sentencene wasn't literally about the pics posted.
 
Last edited:
Hmm I have avoided the videos on tuning, car lots and the like but seeing all these posts about rims on standard cars and the word "change" has me wondering what they actually mean by change. For example that could mean "swap" as one would do in GT4 where you swap your existing rims for a different set or it could mean "modify" as in change the rim size or depth.

It seems like some are making to big a deal about it either way. GT4 had lots of rim choices but none of them could be modified and for the most part there were not many that looked very good. I really do not care much as this is something that really only matters in photo shoot and I plan to spend most of my time racing and building cars rather than looking at the wheels.
 
Gran Turimo 5 is a driving simulator not a livery editor simulator. I'm fine with that. It's always been that way and I've always LOVED the game.

👍


Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator

not

Gran Turismo: The Real Rims and Color Simulator
 
Maybe the wheels have damage and since damage is different for each thing they couldn't put wheels on standards,at least bumpers seems possible but I just keep wondering why wheels are not included?
 
...i don´t care about "liveries"... i found that almost all cars have a bad or "standard" gearbox and the "revs" are bad too...I´m always touching and putting the real ones for example for BMW M3 at prologue take a look and if you know something about it you´ll see that the shift are wrong. I fix a lot of gearbox and the cars responded very well as much as the realone. This is some that i founded and really care. Not the paint or stickers on the car. The engine and that stuff is important for me.
(sorry for my english)
 
Gran Turismo 5 is a driving simulator not a livery editor simulator. I'm fine with that. It's always been that way and I've always LOVED the game.

I agree, if you want a livery editor, play Modnation (it's actually a really fun game and I highly recommend it). But yes, GT5 is much more serious stuff and it would seem out of place. Let the developers focus on the nailing the physics, controls, and graphics.
 
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/11/10/wheel-releases-hint-at-gt5-date/
Sorry re-release date is the 25th not 23rd as earlyer stated
I bought my dfgt from argos because it was cheaper than anywhere else.
I would read some independant reviews of the g27 before parting with the cash, there a more than a few with calibration problems.and full support for gt5 is not confirmed.

Thanks, I usually check that site how did I miss it, also ignore your PM haha. Appreciated. I bought a DFGT recently too from Argos but will be returning it as there is a discount at the moment on logitech.co.uk for 30% which makes it about £170 so was wondering when they will restock. Thanks! 👍
 
👍


Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator

not

Gran Turismo: The Real Rims and Color Simulator

Then Kaz wouldn't be talking about customization and stuff, since rims are a very basic upgrade. When people hear customization, they expect the very best from PD and Kaz, since he is a perfectionist, car enthusiast, etc, etc.

The 800 standard cars is just a waste
 
Maybe the wheels have damage and since damage is different for each thing they couldn't put wheels on standards,at least bumpers seems possible but I just keep wondering why wheels are not included?

I'm going with my initial thought of (the hypothetical) offset / width / diameter options not being compatible with the standards (because the limits of those options need to be specified, experimentally) and with SHIRAKAWA Akira's mention of the underlying physics model and data points - namely, the wheels now affect performance, but they never used to.

I'm hoping this can be addressed in a future update.
 
Then Kaz wouldn't be talking about customization and stuff, since rims are a very basic upgrade. When people hear customization, they expect the very best from PD and Kaz, since he is a perfectionist, car enthusiast, etc, etc.

The 800 standard cars is just a waste
Nah I think the waste is the effort you put into this kind of comment.
 
I agree, if you want a livery editor, play Modnation (it's actually a really fun game and I highly recommend it). But yes, GT5 is much more serious stuff and it would seem out of place. Let the developers focus on the nailing the physics, controls, and graphics.

Because we all know graphics are paramount to a game's longevity, importance, and fun factor these days.

Do you see the hole in what you just said?

Do you?
 
Dont forget the body kit

thx,


Gran Turismo: The Real Rim and Color/Bodykit Simulator :sly:



By the way a lot of people dislike that they "can´t" (not sure yet) the rims or pain they cars in 100 different colors...but be lucky for the new cars or for the better sound then in gt4 or gt5p!?

not so negative...we don´t know many things not before gt5 realese:)
 
Then Kaz wouldn't be talking about customization and stuff, since rims are a very basic upgrade. When people hear customization, they expect the very best from PD and Kaz, since he is a perfectionist, car enthusiast, etc, etc.

The 800 standard cars is just a waste

I don't think I'm alone in my opinion that the 800 standards are more than welcome.

you prefer a gt5 with 200+ cars??
 
👍


Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator

not

Gran Turismo: The Real Rims and Color Simulator

Then how come they included photo mode, and tuning if its only a driving simulator? Also why did they put in B-Spec?
 
Customization is also very inressting because it is the part in games that are limited, there aren't many good games out there that offers custom parts to cars ingame, I mean parts that exist in real life.

Visual customization does not make the game better, though.

You can have all the bodykits in the world in a game: without fun tracks, gorgeous graphics, a nice selection of cars, physics you're no going to get very far in terms of the fun factor.

Gran Turismo is all about the driving experience, not the visual customization. Personally I still think GT3 was PD's greatest game, purely because it was such damn fun to play whereas all that fun disappeared with GT4's awful physics.

Personally I don't care about damage and visual customization. I never expected it all to be in GT5 either, so all this is just a bonus for me. All I expect from PD after 5-6 years of development is for me to have the option to run the 24 hours of Le Mans in dynamic weather, day-night cycles, a large grid of cars and some of the newest LMP cars. GT5 will offer exactly that and that's what it's all about for me: the experience.
 
Google up "Itasha" and you'll see why some of us prefer to not have a livery editor.

*gasp*

HOW DARE YOU

Then how come they included photo mode, and tuning if its only a driving simulator? Also why did they put in B-Spec?

Because they could include it within this year. Do you want Gran Turismo 5 in Q4 2011? Of course not.
 
Back