GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,049 views
Then Kaz wouldn't be talking about customization and stuff, since rims are a very basic upgrade. When people hear customization, they expect the very best from PD and Kaz, since he is a perfectionist, car enthusiast, etc, etc.

The 800 standard cars is just a waste

I believe Kaz meant customization as in performance tuning such as the intricate tuning system with suspension, ECU, turbos, weight reduction etc. that have a direct impact on a car's performance rather than just a visual effect. Customization in GT has never been about liveries and has always been in the performance department, and it has done a very good job thus far.

Feel free to disagree.
 
Maybe, hopefully, we just can't paint the wheels on Standard Cars.

My date speculation does not come from India. It comes from Amazon changing the date on the gt5 guide from Dec 1st on their site and then getting an email indicating my preorder's new date is Tuesday Nov 23rd. Now, that means they will ship it to me on Monday. 1 day shipping means I get it on Tuesday. The Dec 1st date falls on a Wednesday. Which if the SonyStyle date of Nov 30 panned out to be true, I wouldn't be getting the guide on the same day as release.
 
Because we all know graphics are paramount to a game's longevity, importance, and fun factor these days.

Do you see the hole in what you just said?

Do you?

When it comes to critics, graphics weigh up heavily when it comes to scores, whether anyone likes it or not. Anyhow, what are we even talking about now? Wasn't it livery editors?
 
I am going to make a brown ferrari with lime green wheels !! now that will look cool.
Serious though is anyone else going to go with a color scheme in gt5 ?
Mine in prologue is white all my cars are white (with the exception of ones that aren't available in that color)
 
If LittleBigPlanet has taught me anything, it's that I don't have the patience to "create" in games :lol:

I don't give a tiny rat's ass if a livery editor never makes it into any Gran Turismo.
 
Clearly Kaz has more than a passing interest in visual/asthetic customisation aswell as performance mods,
Hes just been to SEMA to hand out his GT awards and find cars to be included in this or a later game.
 
If LittleBigPlanet has taught me anything, it's that I don't have the patience to "create" in games :lol:

I don't give a tiny rat's ass if a livery editor never makes it into any Gran Turismo.

Hah! I agree, creating in games is a novel idea, but it gets old quick.
 
I am going to make a brown ferrari with lime green wheels !! now that will look cool.
Serious though is anyone else going to go with a color scheme in gt5 ?
Mine in prologue is white all my cars are white (with the exception of ones that aren't available in that color)

I always aim for baby blue, and when that's not available I choose black or red depending on car;)
 
me too

but wouldnt it just be the coolest thing to buy your F430 then make it look like this..

12.jpg

Of course you can. Its called photoshop :p
 
I believe Kaz meant customization as in performance tuning such as the intricate tuning system with suspension, ECU, turbos, weight reduction etc. that have a direct impact on a car's performance rather than just a visual effect. Customization in GT has never been about liveries and has always been in the performance department, and it has done a very good job thus far.

Feel free to disagree.

lol...i do disagree in a good way..and not to have a POPat you... :sly:

but the fact that GT has racing mods in.. which give you race liveries means that GT is a ROAD / RACE car simulator..

surely if it werent about making a race car LOOK like a race car... just a simple carbon fibre carf with a PD designed livery like the diecast cars beingsold with the collectors edition.

the race cars are in there, because they are what cars are about..road cars we drive every day... then what those road cars are turned into.

i think a livery editor is a big step toward more realism in GT..i would love to recreate some of the most famous liveries ... for the realism of that car in the game. and then create my own liveries on a car i had bought and tuned and added aero then a race livey..kinda makes it MY race car... not just a generic one.

but thats just me..most people dont care about how a car looks.. ( even though they say standard cars look terrible ... lol )
 
When it comes to critics, graphics weigh up heavily when it comes to scores, whether anyone likes it or not. Anyhow, what are we even talking about now? Wasn't it livery editors?

And they're just as shallow-minded as some of the people here who keep professing visuals make or break a game. Nothing changes from my point of view on the matter. I grew up in the 8-bit era; graphics weren't very important to me then...and they're surely not important to me now. If a game sucks, visuals aren't going to make it better.

If it's boring, the visuals aren't going to make it less boring.

I'm not so blatantly ignorant that I can't appreciate mind-blowing visuals when I see them, but they don't (at least not for me) make the game any more enjoyable then it already is. Hell, I still consider GT2 to be the best release to date, and it has absolutely nothing to do with it's graphic engine.
 
Because we all know graphics are paramount to a game's longevity, importance, and fun factor these days.

Do you see the hole in what you just said?

Do you?

But it's not. If anything, you put in the livery editor 'cause the rest of the game isn't exciting enough to keep people coming back. But look at GT4...or NFS HP1 and 2. None of those have livery editors and they lasted for years...heck this place still has GT4 tourneys.
 
I don't see what the big deal about rims is. Standard cars can still use all of the performance upgrades and you can still add a body kit to them. Just because you can't change the wheels doesn't mean 4/5 of the cars are useless!:rolleyes:
 
because you can´t play a real 24h race^^

Ok so you covered one point what about photo mode?
It has nothing to do with driving..

Looking at it from the other side, I say its a Photo Sim...

The game is to everyone what they enjoy most about it.. I Dont think that one can label it only one thing and say that no one else has the right to complain about other things that were half done. (not being able to change rims on standards)
 
If LittleBigPlanet has taught me anything, it's that I don't have the patience to "create" in games :lol:

I don't give a tiny rat's ass if a livery editor never makes it into any Gran Turismo.

You sir are my hero because i feel the same way. Never made anything in littlebigplanet. Never!!!:crazy:
 
Clearly Kaz has more than a passing interest in visual/asthetic customisation aswell as performance mods,
Hes just been to SEMA to hand out his GT awards and find cars to be included in this or a later game.

Not so sure about that one, he often mentions, that they, as PD, want to leave the cars as they are, he sees the most beauty in them, when they are not altered in any way. I think this is the most important reason why we still do not have some livery editor or extensive tuning a la NFS.
 
Maybe, hopefully, we just can't paint the wheels on Standard Cars.

My date speculation does not come from India. It comes from Amazon changing the date on the gt5 guide from Dec 1st on their site and then getting an email indicating my preorder's new date is Tuesday Nov 23rd. Now, that means they will ship it to me on Monday. 1 day shipping means I get it on Tuesday. The Dec 1st date falls on a Wednesday. Which if the SonyStyle date of Nov 30 panned out to be true, I wouldn't be getting the guide on the same day as release.
Nobody read me cause i´m spanish? haha (I´m from Uruguay but living in Spain).
I said to many times that the game will be release in November 30 for the US and December 1st here in Spain (EU)...but nobody believes in me. The party is the day November 24...one week later is the realease for sure and one store (the big one) has dated GT5 for the 1st day of December and this Store never put one date before they know it. NEVER!! i´m always pick up the game here.And my preorder is for this day for the signature edition.
But anyways ...keep waiting...don´t follow the "spanish" guy...:dopey:
 
I used a livery editor on NFS Shift once.

I got bored after approximately 17 seconds. I barely have enough patience to paint and customize that way. I think we'll be able to customize and paint our cars enough different ways that you can tell certain people apart by their favorite cars.
 
I think its time for everyone to take a break from all alledged news, and take some time to visit an old friend... a previous GT game. Come GT5, they wil be very neglected and that's a sad thing so hang with em while you still can and before you know it we will have what's coming to us.
 
I used a livery editor on NFS Shift once.

I got bored after approximately 17 seconds. I barely have enough patience to paint and customize that way. I think we'll be able to customize and paint our cars enough different ways that you can tell certain people apart by their favorite cars.

the point of a livery editor..as with photomode to me.. is

if you WANT to use it... its there and you can.

Iwant to use a livery editor, but there isnt one... and I would like one... lol

just because its there, doesnt mean you HAVE to use it.

just nice to have the OPTION.. :sly:

same with the standard car wheel argument... nice to have the option.
 
well yes.. this was done in PS..

but im saying it would be cool to have a 430 look like this in GT ... yey or ney ??

I know I was just joking since I use photoshop myself. Really, I'd love it if they allowed something like iRacing or NASCAR 09 did, which was paint your cars and then upload into the game. That was loads of fun as instead of having to make logos, I could easily find them and paste them on the car and apply the livery I wanted. Now that, in my opinion, is far better then a Livery editor just because of the freedom I have. Its no big deal that I can't decorate cars now but if PD is listening to this, I've like for them to take this into consideration.
 
I used a livery editor on NFS Shift once.

I got bored after approximately 17 seconds. I barely have enough patience to paint and customize that way. I think we'll be able to customize and paint our cars enough different ways that you can tell certain people apart by their favorite cars.

BbsWv.gif
 
Not so sure about that one, he often mentions, that they, as PD, want to leave the cars as they are, he sees the most beauty in them, when they are not altered in any way. I think this is the most important reason why we still do not have some livery editor or extensive tuning a la NFS.
Hes stated before that they wanted a livery editor in GT5 but didn't get around to it for whatever reason.
99.999% of all race cars have somesort of livery or bodywork customised, very few teams go out on track with 'sleeper' cars,
Its a huge part of racing in general,
If it wants to be a driving simulator then fine, but I notice people aren't saying its a weahter simulator or a tuning simulator,
Thats becasue those features are included,
If there was no weather we would have people here saying "its the real driving simulator not the real weather simulator",
Funny that.
 
But it's not. If anything, you put in the livery editor 'cause the rest of the game isn't exciting enough to keep people coming back. But look at GT4...or NFS HP1 and 2. None of those have livery editors and they lasted for years...heck this place still has GT4 tourneys.

I see your point, but it kind of contradicts itself.

Why?

It comes off as if you're implying additional features are added to a game because the game itself (irrespective of it's individual features) isn't interesting enough...when it's usually the features that make the game what it is. Why do you think I still play GT2 from time to time? Because I love looking at jagged Highcolor (16-bit) graphics?

No. Because it's effin' awesome, features and all. For the most part I'm alright with GT5 not having a livery editor because Racing Modifications have made a comeback...and that's almost as good.
 
Man, with all the crying over standard cars and rims you'd think that if the standard cars aren't built to premium quality immediately, the world is going to end.

Seriously, standards really aren't that big of a deal. If you don't like them, don't have to use them...unless you want the platinum trophy...although, even then, you don't...you would just need to have 5 of every premium car....but that would take forever since all the Ferrari's cost close to 100,000,000credits.
 
Back