GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,049 views
VsQ
BbsWv.gif

You quoted the wrong person.

Christ almighty...
 
Nobody read me cause i´m spanish? haha (I´m from Uruguay but living in Spain).
I said to many times that the game will be release in November 30 for the US and December 1st here in Spain (EU)...but nobody believes in me. The party is the day November 24...one week later is the realease for sure and one store (the big one) has dated GT5 for the 1st day of December and this Store never put one date before they know it. NEVER!! i´m always pick up the game here.And my preorder is for this day for the signature edition.
But anyways ...keep waiting...don´t follow the "spanish" guy...:dopey:

Ok I won't :)
But for the record Amar also said the game will come 30 days before the end of 12 month's (which is the 1st dec) so there we go.
 
Hes stated before that they wanted a livery editor in GT5 but didn't get around to it for whatever reason.
99.999% of all race cars have somesort of livery or bodywork customised, very few teams go out on track with 'sleeper' cars,
Its a huge part of racing in general,
If it wants to be a driving simulator then fine, but I notice people aren't saying its a weahter simulator or a tuning simulator,
Thats becasue those features are included,
If there was no weather we would have people here saying "its the real driving simulator not the real weather simulator",
Funny that.

Thats exactly my point!

Why knock something just because you dont like or will never use it?

The game is made for a wide range of interest that has anything to do with cars. Not just driving.
 
Hes stated before that they wanted a livery editor in GT5 but didn't get around to it for whatever reason.
99.999% of all race cars have somesort of livery or bodywork customised, very few teams go out on track with 'sleeper' cars,
Its a huge part of racing in general,
If it wants to be a driving simulator then fine, but I notice people aren't saying its a weahter simulator or a tuning simulator,
Thats becasue those features are included,
If there was no weather we would have people here saying "its the real driving simulator not the real weather simulator",
Funny that.

I get your point and it is a very valid one, no problem with that at all. All I know is PD does not need a livery editor to program race cars and I personally do not need one, because I have the same philosophy Kaz has: not touching the car, leave it as it is, respect it's "normal" beauty.
 
Ok I won't :)
But for the record Amar also said the game will come 30 days before the end of 12 month's (which is the 1st dec) so there we go.
And i trust in Amar too.( but for now this release date is logical)
 
I know I was just joking since I use photoshop myself. Really, I'd love it if they allowed something like iRacing or NASCAR 09 did, which was paint your cars and then upload into the game. That was loads of fun as instead of having to make logos, I could easily find them and paste them on the car and apply the livery I wanted. Now that, in my opinion, is far better then a Livery editor just because of the freedom I have. Its no big deal that I can't decorate cars now but if PD is listening to this, I've like for them to take this into consideration.

this is a post in the livery editor thread i made a while ago.......

one thing i would like to see from the livery editor .. if it ever does make a GT game..

usb support...

allowing us to import any pic we want from pc - usb - PS3

I dont want to have to spend 3 hours making one logo to add to my car, why not d/load logo from net convert to file type ( .jpeg / .png ) transfer via usb to ps3 ..slap it on the car... 2 mins max

this would allow unlimited design..make it fast and allow you to use dedicated programs for the editing.. PHOTOSHOP / PAINTSHOP pro for example.

this way sony dont have to waste time creating an editor as such.. there are already programs that do this a million times better then anything they could produce with a ps3.

just make the engine that allows us to add logo's...

and as for copyrights on logo's...

thats not something sony would have to be concerned with.. it would be the uses choice to add a DUNLOP logo... not sony, so any coyright infringement would be with the user.

Simple...

Ps3 already has USB support... just incorporate it into the editor... BINGO !!

so i completely agree with you... it would be so simple to implement too
 
I see your point, but it kind of contradicts itself.

Why?

It comes off as if you're implying additional features are added to a game because the game itself (irrespective of it's individual features) isn't interesting enough...when it's usually the features that make the game what it is. Why do you think I still play GT2 from time to time? Because I love looking at jagged Highcolor (16-bit) graphics?

No. Because it's effin' awesome, features and all. For the most part I'm alright with GT5 not having a livery editor because Racing Modifications have made a comeback...and that's almost as good.

Right. It would be cool to have a livery editor, and to change the standard cars' rims and things, but the world isn't going to end and I don't think it will take away from the game if they don't. I still think GT5 will be another perfect 10 regardless.

However, keep the ideas coming as GT6 will have all the missing features from GT5. So, maybe then, you will get your precious livery editor and 1000 plus premium cars. But, unless they find a faster way to model cars, don't count on standards going away.


Speaking of adding stuff to GT5. I suspect "DLC" content will come in the same way that GT5P gave us new content: patches. But, one of those patches produces the largest content update of any game with over 30 cars.
 
Actually I'm pretty sure GT6 WILL have a livery editor.
 
Maybe they'll add a livery editor in GT6. Would be boring if they wouldn't find any new features for that.
I don't have a problem with GT5 not having that feature.
And if I have the urge of recreating my favourite racing team's car design or wanna make an itasha, I'll fire up Forza3.
 
so i completely agree with you... it would be so simple to implement too[/QUOTE]

what? do you know what you´re talking about?
it is a hard, hard work to make a 3d car model like there is in gt5 and you think you only have to copy a jpg* an put it ingame on the car??? :guilty:
 
I get your point and it is a very valid one, no problem with that at all. All I know is PD does not need a livery editor to program race cars and I personally do not need one, because I have the same philosophy Kaz has: not touching the car, leave it as it is, respect it's "normal" beauty.
I completely 100% respect your point of view, I get what your saying,

But I just wish we could both get our way.
 
so i completely agree with you... it would be so simple to implement too

what? do you know what you´re talking about?
it is a hard, hard work to make a 3d car model like there is in gt5 and you think you only have to copy a jpg* an put it ingame on the car??? :guilty:[/QUOTE]

http://www.racingpaintshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=691&Itemid=275

thats a link to my website.. and a car im making for RFACTOR...

so yes m8 i do know exactly what I am talking about..

3D actually isnt that hard..and a logo engine in gt would be very simple to introduce..
 
Their money, their cars, their decision, and their imagination...you (not specifically singling you out, but am rather generalizing) don't like it - close your eyes and/or shut the 🤬 up. It's as simple as that.

The reasons people don't want a livery because "I don't want to see x and y" is just flat out stupid. No one is forcing you to purchase or look at these designs. By continuously acknowledging them, you may even be dumber than the people whom you (not referring to you in particular) are branding as having no taste. It's a game, and just as everyone else seems to say: "You don't like/don't want to use it? Then don't.

It's a feature that every other racing game seems to adopt in some form or another, and because GT doesn't have it....it'll be panned for it and every other feature that Forza, Shift, Ferrari Challenge, etc has that GT doesn't have.

Case closed.
This..... THANK YOU and same with aftermarket wheel. Every car should be able to equip them.
 
what? do you know what you´re talking about?
it is a hard, hard work to make a 3d car model like there is in gt5 and you think you only have to copy a jpg* an put it ingame on the car??? :guilty:

It would be nice to be able to create a gif/jpg that can be uploaded in GT* and become a skin for the car, like a vinyl wrap.
 
Let me make note of two of the new courses.


Cape Ring.
Cape Ring looks to be a very tough course. When I first saw these in videos (before perhaps being pulled from YouTube), I became intrigued by the video of the Cape Ring outer course (periphery?) and that loop. I want to imagine that someone making a drift video racing this course in reverse at that loop. I thought this track was Sugo or Okayama when I first saw it. Some of the scenery reminds me of the two Japanese courses. A lot of the lines on the road makes me think this is a touge pass converted to a permanent circuit.

Let me say again- it's great to see some more original courses. Every GT has had at least one new original permanent road course. This original course is going to be a formidable challenge. It is as extreme of a course to GT5 as the Montserrat tracks are to Forza Motorsport 3.


Special Stage Route 7.
Do you realize this is the first real new course among the Special Stage courses? All four GTs have featured either or both SSR5 and SSR11. I am not discounting the different configuration of SSR11 in GT3. Special Stage Route 7 looks like the kind of course that would make highway battle fans happy. I don't know what's up with the fireworks, but this looks like the kind of course that would be great for fans of highway battle. This would be like where you'd match up the latest Nissan GT-R against a Corvette C6 ZR1 in a highway battle. Not sure if this is a true point-to-point course or not, but this is going to be very interesting to see in action. The next issue will have to be about racing this course in the rain.



Both courses should be great fun to race. We'll need to see what other newer courses will finally be featured in addition to the two I mentioned here.
 
Right. It would be cool to have a livery editor, and to change the standard cars' rims and things, but the world isn't going to end and I don't think it will take away from the game if they don't. I still think GT5 will be another perfect 10 regardless.

Well, unlike most of the reactions (or in some cases: overreactions) I've never implied the game would suffer because of it, well, actually I may have...the reason for that being it's just utterly retarded. I can't change the wheel on any Standard car, yet that same standard car has a horn and can be damaged? WTF?


 
I´m wondering when i have my copy of GT5 and the Signature edition...when i put my USB key with the Mercedes Benz video and starts...WILL I GET RICKROLL!!??
 
Well, unlike most of the reactions (or in some cases: overreactions) I've never implied the game would suffer because of it, well, actually I may have...the reason for that being it's just utterly retarded. I can't change the wheel on any Standard car, yet that same standard car has a horn and can be damaged? WTF?



I think people were taken back by the fact that even standards don't have atleast the customization from GT4.
 
Well, unlike most of the reactions (or in some cases: overreactions) I've never implied the game would suffer because of it, well, actually I may have...the reason for that being it's just utterly retarded. I can't change the wheel on any Standard car, yet that same standard car has a horn and can be damaged? WTF?



I think they had to stop development somewhere so they can release it.
 
A livery editor is just another bit of extraneous minutia that would have drawn manpower away from the meat and potatoes of GT: Cars, Physics, Tracks, and Tuning. Everything else has diminishing importance in this franchise and you'd have to flip a few pages of priorities before coming across the digital etch-a-ride.
 
I´m wondering when i have my copy of GT5 and the Signature edition...when i put my USB key with the Mercedes Benz video and starts...WILL I GET RICKROLL!!??
Sorry for that...i´m idiot...
 
what? do you know what you´re talking about?
it is a hard, hard work to make a 3d car model like there is in gt5 and you think you only have to copy a jpg* an put it ingame on the car??? :guilty:

http://www.racingpaintshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=691&Itemid=275

thats a link to my website.. and a car im making for RFACTOR...

so yes m8 i do know exactly what I am talking about..

3D actually isnt that hard..and a logo engine in gt would be very simple to introduce..[/QUOTE]

looks good but different to gt5 models, right?
your cars looks good but i think for a gt model there is more to do like for a ractor car, am i right or not, iam not quite sure!?
 
It HAS to be brought up how completely idiotic Sony are being about keeping this game hush-hush. Anyone waiting for this game will tell you now that it is complete, and the full game has been printed to discs and being shipped, but Sony (in their very limited wisdom) has decided to continue using a demo version of the game for it's Sony Lounge IN THE MIDDLE OF NEW YORK

How desperate are they to keep the lid on this game which has now been 'officially' (supposedly) confirmed as a release in 2 weeks.

It's mind boggling :banghead:
 
http://www.racingpaintshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=691&Itemid=275

thats a link to my website.. and a car im making for RFACTOR...

so yes m8 i do know exactly what I am talking about..

3D actually isnt that hard..and a logo engine in gt would be very simple to introduce..

looks good but different to gt5 models, right?
your cars looks good but i think for a gt model there is more to do like for a ractor car, am i right or not, iam not quite sure!?
best car models for rFactor are made for WSGT modders team from Belgium.
but nothing compared with GT5 cars.
 
What 2010 F1 cars are confirmed?

Just the Ferrari? I keep hearing Red Bull is in it too...please let me know, I'm a big F1 fan and need to know if I should pick up F1 2010 or not to compliment GT5. >.>
 
http://www.racingpaintshop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=691&Itemid=275

thats a link to my website.. and a car im making for RFACTOR...

so yes m8 i do know exactly what I am talking about..

3D actually isnt that hard..and a logo engine in gt would be very simple to introduce..

looks good but different to gt5 models, right?
your cars looks good but i think for a gt model there is more to do like for a ractor car, am i right or not, iam not quite sure!?[/QUOTE]

That model is not up to GT5 standards because Rfactor is not capable of such high detailed models.

Infact it is actualy easier to create a high detail model than a low detail model and still make it look good.

It would very long drawn out explaination, but is true.

Im just trying to suggest, that an engine inside of GT allowing you to add logo's to a car would not be a very hard part to implement.
 
Back