GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,171 views
It HAS to be brought up how completely idiotic Sony are being about keeping this game hush-hush. Anyone waiting for this game will tell you now that it is complete, and the full game has been printed to discs and being shipped, but Sony (in their very limited wisdom) has decided to continue using a demo version of the game for it's Sony Lounge IN THE MIDDLE OF NEW YORK

How desperate are they to keep the lid on this game which has now been 'officially' (supposedly) confirmed as a release in 2 weeks.

It's mind boggling :banghead:

I think their thinking is that the more mistery they create the more people talk about it and the more talk there is then there is more hype...

It would work except for all the new vids that are going around the net of the full game... which I think more then anything is killing their mystery but not the talk..
 
looks good but different to gt5 models, right?
your cars looks good but i think for a gt model there is more to do like for a ractor car, am i right or not, iam not quite sure!?

That model is not up to GT5 standards because Rfactor is not capable of such high detailed models.

Infact it is actualy easier to create a high detail model than a low detail model and still make it look good.

It would very long drawn out explaination, but is true.

Im just trying to suggest, that an engine inside of GT allowing you to add logo's to a car would not be a very hard part to implement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a system like the one that is used on pro evolution soccer to add logos to the shirts could be used
 
I think people were taken back by the fact that even standards don't have atleast the customization from GT4.

As was I. It's literally two steps forward, and one backward.

I think they had to stop development somewhere so they can release it.

Completely understandable. I wouldn't argue against that, but at what point will they realize that technically this is GT3 all over again?
 
I completely 100% respect your point of view, I get what your saying,

But I just wish we could both get our way.

I actually think it would be better, when the GT series would have a proper livery editor, it would atract more players and make those happy, who would like to have one.
One bigger problem with this is, as some already pointed out, man power would get lost, which could be used for more tracks, cars and other "more" important feautures.
 
I think their thinking is that the more mistery they create the more people talk about it and the more talk there is then there is more hype...

It would work except for all the new vids that are going around the net of the full game... which I think more then anything is killing their mystery but not the talk..

There's been 5 years of mystery behind this game. Whether they thought an extra month would change anything is what's baffling me.

I cancelled my Signature Edition, and am just going to buy the standard, I'm sure alot of people have done similar or the same. Last time I checked, losing money wasn't part of the whole advertising thing.
 
As was I. It's literally two steps forward, and one backward.



Completely understandable. I wouldn't argue against that, but at what point will they realize that technically this is GT3 all over again?

They should have released this game a long time a ago. I rather would have had 2 GT games come out in the last 5 years than a Prologue and then this behemoth.
 
i think the last two days are to much for all of us...
we have to wait to the gt5 release and after that we can talk about all the
pro an conta. :)

than we got all infos 100% 👍
 
There's been 5 years of mystery behind this game. Whether they thought an extra month would change anything is what's baffling me.

I cancelled my Signature Edition, and am just going to buy the standard, I'm sure alot of people have done similar or the same. Last time I checked, losing money wasn't part of the whole advertising thing.

yes that is true indeed.. I myself am thinking of cancelling my collectors.. But will have to see.. if the game does release any later then end of this year then ill just go for the standard..
I just hope that does not equal the same as their standard cars. :scared:
 
i think the last two days are to much for all of us...
we have to wait to the gt5 release and after that we can talk about all the
pro an conta. :)

than we got all infos 100% 👍

Not want to be mr. annoying, but please use proper punctuation, thx.
 
I never expected a livery editor, though one would be cool.

I expected basic body mods and hoped for race mods, good to see them confirmed...

But I can not fathom a logical explanation for disallowing wheel modification on ~70% of the cars in the game. wtf.
 
To Clarrify,

I think the question isn't about the the delay,

It's about whether the delay was authentic or not.

Was delaying the game necessary for whatever reason, or was it just a massive campaign to rally more people behind it, and to be honest, if that's the case, it's done nothing.

All it's done is piss off hundreds of thousands of people and put storm clouds over the head of Sony Entertainment.

It's been 2 weeks since we we're promised a release date, and Sony havn't said a peep. No company in this business should be able to do that without some kind of explanation, which I doubt, will ever come.

They'll give us a release date in the next week or so (I'm guessing) with no explanation as to why it was delayed so long, or what caused the delay of the release date announcement, other than "we didn't want to set a date we couldn't hit"

There is nothing on the line for them. People have made their mind up about whether they will or won't buy this game, and when it is released doesn't matter for the undecided. Prices won't drop for the first couple of months, and whether the release was delayed to target holiday shoppers is irrelevant. Holiday Shoppers are still going to see it on the shelves in December, regardless of when it is released. (by this I mean hitting the original, november 2nd release date, not withstanding the fact that this game may not even be released this year)

If I get a true answer from Sony, I'll be amazed.
 
looks good but different to gt5 models, right?
your cars looks good but i think for a gt model there is more to do like for a ractor car, am i right or not, iam not quite sure!?

Going off what I see with iRacing and NASCAR 09, I wouldn't think it'd be difficult. Just a blank 3d model would be necessary and when the user uploads their livery, it'll correspond to the shape of the model.
 
The standard cars don't bother me as I race in 3rd person I like to see my car on screen so I'm not concearned with cockpit view. I'm also nolonger concerned that we cant change rims on standard cars because it occured to me that most cars in the game come standard with alloy wheels anyways.
 
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LINK TO THE LAST MENU VIDEO?? (Sorry for the caps, just wanted to get someone to notice)
 
The only thing I see worth getting for the Collectors is the Apex book... but Prima is offering a track version worth of 200+ pages.
 
I never expected a livery editor, though one would be cool.

I expected basic body mods and hoped for race mods, good to see them confirmed...

But I can not fathom a logical explanation for disallowing wheel modification on ~70% of the cars in the game. wtf.
i know i'm in shock... EVEN MY GF SAID THAT WAS STUPID AND SHE DOESN'T PLAY THE GAME!
 
Going off what I see with iRacing and NASCAR 09, I wouldn't think it'd be difficult. Just a blank 3d model would be necessary and when the user uploads their livery, it'll correspond to the shape of the model.

Liveries are not created and applied using a 3D model, but a template in 2D form.

This is applied to the 3D model in the form of whats known as a " skin ".

To have an ingame engine allowing you to place logo's onto a 2D template then have the game apply it to the car , is a very simple process the PS3 would have to complete.

But in any case , it will not be present in GT5, lets just hope GT6 will offer such an option.
 
I personally think GT5 is making huge waves in the gaming communty, the only people that dont seem to think its great at the members of this page... and at the risk of recieving hate mail replies, it seems to be the newer gamers to discover Gran Turimso, while the guys and girls who were there from the very beginning and have watched it grow slowly over all the years into GT5 are in awe at what Kaz and the guys have achieved...
I for one am firmly part of the older set it seems, whenever I hear of something thats not 'perfect' (ie Standard car lack of cockpits, or this whole wheel fiasco) I simply shrug, and just soak up that old GT magic that I felt after the first few laps of GT1. True its only a game, but I do firmly believe its a game thats made more with love and care than stocks and shares...
Oh on a lighter note I had an xbox friend going on about Sony dismissed the Nov dates, Oh the guy that makes it said the PS3 isnt powerful enough for his dream, pretty bad move for him dont you think? I personally think they should hold off the release till next year now...and all other manner of typical GT hating comments we've come to know and love.
But after explaining, that Kaz is a perfectionist (fault or plus) and they could have the holodeck of star trek and Kaz would still aim to push it to its limits and beyond and also explaining all the other stuff doesnt matter as its on disc and more or less on sale any day now. The Xboxers final comment was, but what else can I make jokes about now?

Sorry for the long rant, just getting a tad sick of the whiners in here complaining that PD didnt make the game as their dream world would have!
 
Completely understandable. I wouldn't argue against that, but at what point will they realize that technically this is GT3 all over again?

We'll end up with the complete game in GT6, I hope :nervous:
 
Their money, their cars, their decision, and their imagination...you (not specifically singling you out, but am rather generalizing) don't like it - close your eyes and/or shut the 🤬 up. It's as simple as that.

The reasons people don't want a livery because "I don't want to see x and y" is just flat out stupid. No one is forcing you to purchase or look at these designs. By continuously acknowledging them, you may even be dumber than the people whom you (not referring to you in particular) are branding as having no taste. It's a game, and just as everyone else seems to say: "You don't like/don't want to use it? Then don't.

It's a feature that every other racing game seems to adopt in some form or another, and because GT doesn't have it....it'll be panned for it and every other feature that Forza, Shift, Ferrari Challenge, etc has that GT doesn't have.

Case closed.

If you don't like the lack of livery editor, don't buy GT5, you can pan it for lacking these features enjoyed in Ferrari Challenge, shift or whatever. You can go play those games instead.

Case closed.

No wait, that makes me sound like a jackass, let me rephrase.

I would like the option of custom liveries as long as there is an option to turn off other peoples on-line. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. Was that an option in Forza for example? I don't know.

If I *don't* have the option to turn off custom liveries on-line, (and I will be mostly playing it on-line) I would rather it wasn't there at all because as nice as some custom liveries look, some are terrible and I don't want to see them, and I don't think it's just me or that guy you replied to so rudely.
 
Yes, I'm sure I've missed it being mentioned, but I'm not a forum reading autobot and I value my eyesight... BUT what is this all about?? Any ideas?

 
I wonder if it would have made sense to release the game in limited quantity, and with a light advertisement campaign, and then closer to christmas, release more copies in greater quantity and then advertise heavily for christmas.
 
I personally think GT5 is making huge waves in the gaming communty, the only people that dont seem to think its great at the members of this page... and at the risk of recieving hate mail replies, it seems to be the newer gamers to discover Gran Turimso, while the guys and girls who were there from the very beginning and have watched it grow slowly over all the years into GT5 are in awe at what Kaz and the guys have achieved...

There's no question that overall, what PD and Kaz have achieved is unbelievable.

However, It's the nature of the gaming community to critique to a fine detail, the flaws a game may have.

You can rest assured, regardless of what people may say, everyone on this Forum is appreciative of what will (eventually) be one of the greatest games ever made.
 
Liveries are not created and applied using a 3D model, but a template in 2D form.

This is applied to the 3D model in the form of whats known as a " skin ".

Well I know that, I was reffering to the actual process of it showing in the game as I assumed thats what they were reffering to. I've had quite alot of experiance with the templates both PC and Console.
 
Last edited:
so was there actually any truth in peoples credit cards being charged already? Sorry if its been answered already, but I am at work and dont have time to read 60 pages worth since 2pm this afternoon!
 
Back