GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,816,171 views
3.50 already hackeable, i know it's old at this high, but, it still make me sad for yamauchi-san and the 60 million game enterprise about to loose huge profit :(
 
so was there actually any truth in peoples credit cards being charged already? Sorry if its been answered already, but I am at work and dont have time to read 60 pages worth since 2pm this afternoon!

Charged with everything but their pre-ordered GT5. :dunce:
 
so was there actually any truth in peoples credit cards being charged already? Sorry if its been answered already, but I am at work and dont have time to read 60 pages worth since 2pm this afternoon!

Ya, I heard that certain people with pre-orders had they cards charged, which only happens if the game is about to be shipped to the customer.
 
Ya, I heard that certain people with pre-orders had they cards charged, which only happens if the game is about to be shipped to the customer.

:ouch: the inevitable flood of "GRAN TURISMO 5 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!" because of that.

That's the logic those numbskull news-breakers go by
 
Well I know that, I was reffering to the actual process of it showing in the game as I assumed thats what they were reffering to. I've had quite alot of experiance with the templates.

Apologies, You used the term Blank 3D model.

I thought you were of the understanding you had to create a 3D model and add to the game if you wanted to create your own livery.

My mistake..:sly:
 
Ya, I heard that certain people with pre-orders had they cards charged, which only happens if the game is about to be shipped to the customer.
I had my card charged when I pre-ordered the game. WTF!?
 
There's no question that overall, what PD and Kaz have achieved is unbelievable.

However, It's the nature of the gaming community to critique to a fine detail, the flaws a game may have.

You can rest assured, regardless of what people may say, everyone on this Forum is appreciative of what will (eventually) be one of the greatest games ever made.

Glad someone gets where I'm coming from, it just seems very disrespectful almost that the PD team have worked hard for half of a decade to bring us photo realism, real world physics and the list would go on with what they have introduced and improved on, but as you say most people tend to focus on that one thing that is then blown so far out of proportion that it seems the game has been made half arsed and is broken.

Kids today huh! I remember when.... :guilty:
 
3.50 already hackeable, i know it's old at this high, but, it still make me sad for yamauchi-san and the 60 million game enterprise about to loose huge profit :(

They only fake 3.5 to access PSN but if the game uses 3.5 features it crashes
 
Ya, I heard that certain people with pre-orders had they cards charged, which only happens if the game is about to be shipped to the customer.
And it is...the game is at the stores now...waiting for sony gives not to us...gives to them the release date.
And one thing, the game or anything will be release when the half of the production is delivery from all countries and stores.And for sure this game will be release the day 30 of this month. (last time i say this)...(today)
 
When they make a game with all features implemented across-the-board, ie ALL tracks have weather and time changes, ALL cars have interiors, damage and full tuning/customization... THEN you'll have one of the greatest games of all time. Gran Turismo 5, while still OUTSTANDINGLY executed, appears to suffer from the same weird restrictive half-assedness that has been GT's hair in the soup since day one. I Love the franchise, appreciate the hell out of it, but I know what keeps it from true greatness.
 
Apologies, You used the term Blank 3D model.

I thought you were of the understanding you had to create a 3D model and add to the game if you wanted to create your own livery.

My mistake..:sly:

I did word that kinda of strange now that I read it, but that was the only way I could explain the livery being applied to the car in the game.

Also, you have some great paint schemes yourselfs 👍
 
Yes, I'm sure I've missed it being mentioned, but I'm not a forum reading autobot and I value my eyesight... BUT what is this all about?? Any ideas?



Looks like a screensaver for whichever car you are in instead of the garage idle screensaver (or it could be optional).
 
People will be horrified when this game is released in late December.

If the game's not coming this month, Sony is doing the wrong thing not squashing these rumors.

I don't understand why they won't just tell us the date. I check every day.
 
When they make a game with all features implemented across-the-board, ie ALL tracks have weather and time changes, ALL cars have interiors, damage and full tuning/customization... THEN you'll have one of the greatest games of all time. Gran Turismo 5, while still OUTSTANDINGLY executed, appears to suffer from the same weird restrictive half-assedness that has been GT's hair in the soup since day one. I Love the franchise, appreciate the hell out of it, but I know what keeps it from true greatness.

You have to admit, GT5 is taking baby steps. Kaz said that GT5 isn't close to being perfected from what he visioned. We will most likely see these features in GT6.

I mean if they threw all these features all at once, not only it will take years to build but they won't have any new ideas to put in for the next GT games.
 
You have to admit, GT5 is taking baby steps. Kaz said that GT5 isn't close to being perfected from what he visioned. We will most likely see these features in GT6.
Yeah and thats are Hardware problems. Sony limited Kaz for that thing.He always want more but the PS3 can´t handle for sure.
 
You the last time there was this much complaint about a GT game, it went on to become the best selling game of the series. Seriously. People complained about GT3's massive drop in the number of cars and yet, it is the best selling GT game.

I think, despite all of the complaints about standard cars, GT5 will steal the spotlight away from GT3.
 
When they make a game with all features implemented across-the-board, ie ALL tracks have weather and time changes, ALL cars have interiors, damage and full tuning/customization... THEN you'll have one of the greatest games of all time. Gran Turismo 5, while still OUTSTANDINGLY executed, appears to suffer from the same weird restrictive half-assedness that has been GT's hair in the soup since day one. I Love the franchise, appreciate the hell out of it, but I know what keeps it from true greatness.

To be fair, A game should be judged on Gameplay.

Standard cars don't bother me, because I'm not going to be taking a trip to the lake in one of them.

Would it be better if every car had cosmetic damage, sure.

Will it matter in the long run? No.

Why? Because I didn't (and everyone else) buy GT5 or any GT game so I could meander my way around a race track at 60 km/h.

The fact that 1000 cars have real life specifications, weight, handling characteristics ect ect IS what makes this game a true great.

No exceptions.
 
ITT: 14 year olds who do not understand marketing.

Why is there no release date?

The answer is simple...

Sony is not making the same mistake twice. They will not put out a release date until they are SURE all shipments arrive at stores by that date, and the stores can deliver.

Sony is not as large as they are because they have a bad marketing team. They know how bad their press will be if they jump the gun again by handing out release dates too soon when not all stores are ready to go live.

Why are you hearing multiple release date rumors?

Because they ALL are POTENTIAL release dates. If Sony gets the confirmation from their team that everyone can go live on the 23rd then they will release it November 23rd, if there is any speculation or doubt, then it will be the 27th, something else casting a doubt still? December 3rd.

Would be not putting it on sale before black Friday be a bad marketing move? Yes.

Would saying you can deliver before black Friday and miss the release date AGAIN be worse marketing? Yes.

There are your answers, don't argue with me unless you can post a time stamped picture of your marketing degree from a notable school on your wall.
 
to be fair, a game should be judged on gameplay.

Standard cars don't bother me, because i'm not going to be taking a trip to the lake in one of them.

Would it be better if every car had cosmetic damage, sure.

Will it matter in the long run? No.

Why? Because i didn't (and everyone else) buy gt5 or any gt game so i could meander my way around a race track at 60 km/h.

The fact that 1000 cars have real life specifications, weight, handling characteristics ect ect is what makes this game a true great.

No exceptions.

+1
 
Just played gran turismo 5 on the bogota auto show in colombia, and the small cockpits are rubish and useless, it has this big metal things that covers part of the screens, and the seats just slide everywhere, but the game looks great and fantasticly fun
 
Top right corner on the poster. Ferrari 360? (EDIT: Sorry for the size)

DSC01343.jpg


ferrari-360-spider-3.jpg
 
Top right corner on the poster. Ferrari 360? (EDIT: Sorry for the size)
No, it´s the Enzo. Jordan put a video showing that store.
 
Back