GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,817,372 views
Your feeling would be shared my many others my good man.

But we don't want to get off topic. :sly:

Bang Bang!!...I mean i would love to hear some crazy back fire from the SuperGT cars and the supercars. There was back fire in the Honda SSR7 clip though only just make it out with the quality.
 
Did anyone notice if the fireworks made noise in the Mugen Honda vid? It's gona be pretty strange watching silent fireworks if they don't.
 
Did anyone notice if the fireworks made noise in the Mugen Honda vid? It's gona be pretty strange watching silent fireworks if they don't.
It's difficult to tell with the quality of the videos being uploaded.
 
Thanks to the people in this thread, whose links and advice pushed me over the edge, I finally got a PS Eye! :)

I got it from Amazon, where it's on sale for $32 with free shipping! Lucky! Thanks again, guys
 
I heard there was a "car delivery" video, Did anyone watch it, and what is the car delivery after all?
 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-04-weve-started-gran-turismo-6-yamauchi

i read this article to find and interesting segment on part of the reson kaz takes so long with his games.

i'll quote it.

Mind you, it strikes us as strange that Yamauchi would be so talkative if his game had been pushed back to 2011.

And why has Gran Turismo 5 taken so long? Because of Motor Toon Grand Prix on PSone, that's why. Autoweek heard how Yamauchi and his team had been crunching hard trying to "adjust it so it would be perfect". Sony thought the game was fit for release, though, and twisted Yamauchi's arm. It's a decision he's regretted for his entire career.

"At the time, I probably wasn't thinking very clearly, being as exhausted as I was, and I talked myself into thinking this was good enough and it went to release," he recalled. "But all the things I thought were not enough yet, the users said the exact same thing when the game came out.

"That was something I regretted very much when that happened because I knew it was coming. And that happened at the beginning of my career, and it was something I vowed would never happen again."
 
It's not an Enzo, the lights aren't sitting in the "pods".

3687384228_9df0aaf833.jpg

this looks like corn
 
Last edited:
interesting story about Motor Toon Grand Prix. I'm almost convinced GT5 won't come out this year.
 
interesting story about Motor Toon Grand Prix. I'm almost convinced GT5 won't come out this year.

There is a racing game on Playstation Network to warm up for Gran Turismo 5 called Supercar v8 something , I was reading they said that for the next 10 weeks they will be giving away free copies of GT5 each week to the top leaderboard holders in that new game for $19.99

They said that the game is to prepare everyone fro GT5 so I am positive it will be in under 14 days which leaves me to believe the 24th
 
Last edited:
There is a racing game on PSN to warm up for Gt5 called Supercar v8 something , i was reading they said that for the next 10 weeks they will be giving away free copies of GT5 each week to the top leaderboard holders in that new game for $19.99

They said that the game is to prepare everyone fro GT5 so im positive it will be in under 14 days which leaves me to believe the 24th

If the game comes out next year the amount of pain and suffering they would have caused here will be immeasurable.

I think they've added even more pressure on themselves by staying so quiet.
If it comes out next year i think it will cause irreparable damage to their name.

Can you imagine a February release date? They've done nothing to defuse this situation and that has caused things to escalate. They NEED to release this game before Christmas. More than any game in history.

In my book they're already damned. I have very little respect for them and will not trust them anymore. But i think that if they push this to next year everyone will hate them.
 
I'm sure we'd all survive if they decided on a February release date...

would we be super-angry nerds? Sure. Would anybody care? No.
 
I'm sure we'd all survive if they decided on a February release date...

would we be super-angry nerds? Sure. Would anybody care? No.

What do you mean no one would care? Yes, we'd be angry.

I like to think companies work for our approval. They work for our money. They need to make us happy or their business fails. Personally, I'm buying the game used so they don't get my money. I had it preordered but canceled it. They'll care about that I believe, not individually, but collectively. Tarnishing their name and hurting sales could be a big problem for them.
 
Imagine all the raging we'd be doing right now if the game hadn't leaked :lol:
 
My comments in red
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point? The game is about driving, if the handling is OK I don't care for the cockpit view
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars Does after market wheels make your car go faster?
No painting stock wheels So?
No livery editor Why exactky would you want this?
Limited custom painting See above
Limited aftermarket parts good point
No cockpit in standard cars we been driving without a cockpit view since 1999, I'll think we'll survive this
No online auction house So?
Game is delayed thats surely a shame
False marketing what marketing:sly:

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?
Most of your cons make no sence to me, it's a driving game not a paint your car, put some stickers and plastic on it and sell it online game.

I'm glad they did not implement those things.
 
If the game comes out next year the amount of pain and suffering they would have caused here will be immeasurable.

I think they've added even more pressure on themselves by staying so quiet.
If it comes out next year i think it will cause irreparable damage to their name.

Can you imagine a February release date? They've done nothing to defuse this situation and that has caused things to escalate. They NEED to release this game before Christmas. More than any game in history.

In my book they're already damned. I have very little respect for them and will not trust them anymore. But i think that if they push this to next year everyone will hate them.


If they were to delay it one more time until next i will never forgive them.

Its almost like if they are ignoring us , they are reading the forums and aware of all the videos on youtube .. all they do is get them removed due to copyright blah blah blah but they wont spend time to at least give the public a sense of comfort which can take less than 10 mins and say as soon as all retailers have stocked GT5 they gonna launch it
 
Most people will still pay full price for the game though. A handful of people who've been waiting for 5 years and all of a sudden decide Sony sucks and won't pay, won't affect Sony at all.
 
If they were to delay it one more time until next i will never forgive them.

Its almost like if they are ignoring us , they are reading the forums and aware of all the videos on youtube .. all they do is get them removed due to copyright blah blah blah but they wont spend time to at least give the public a sense of comfort which can take less than 10 mins and say as soon as all retailers have stocked GT5 they gonna launch it

That's my point. I think people will draw a line in the sand. I think it's December 31st. That date alone is just a day but it is symbolic of something bigger.

It's an unfulfilled promise. They need to deliver.

Most people will still pay full price for the game though. A handful of people who've been waiting for 5 years and all of a sudden decide Sony sucks and won't pay, won't affect Sony at all.

You could be right. And if that's the case I think it's too bad. I think it's right for people to be mad and to vote with their wallets. I think it's the right thing to do. But I stand by what I've said. I think this game is different than most.
 
What do you mean no one would care? Yes, we'd be angry.

I like to think companies work for our approval. They work for our money. They need to make us happy or their business fails. Personally, I'm buying the game used so they don't get my money. I had it preordered but canceled it. They'll care about that I believe, not individually, but collectively. Tarnishing their name and hurting sales could be a big problem for them.

Umm...you do know companies still make money off of used games right? Every time that barcode is scanned, a portion on the money does go to the publisher and developer. Stores like GameStop have partnerships with the console makers and publishers, which ensures that everyone gets paid regardless if it's used or new.
 
I'm sure we'd all survive if they decided on a February release date...
would we be super-angry nerds? Sure. Would anybody care? No.
Super-angry? That would be a tremendous understatement!:sly:
Especially when we know that some dude's got his hands on it already:censored:
 
I'm sure we'd all survive if they decided on a February release date...

would we be super-angry nerds? Sure. Would anybody care? No.

I am sure they will release it along with KZ3 in February or maybe LBP2 in January?


:rolleyes:
 
Back