GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,264 views
I think pretty much every retailer has a different date. There is no need to have all of these dates posted from each website of a store's claim of release.

I never noticed that date before, that's why I put it up. If it has been up before, my apologizes.
 
I wish RYBAK.D could chime in on the whole GT5P $$$/car transfer.
 
Not exactly accurate. The wheels are the lowest part of the car, if you reduce the weight there - the center of mass actually goes upward. Remove weight from the top of the car, like a heavy sunroof assembly, and your center of mass is lowered.

Lightweight wheels have a big effect in lowering unsprung mass, thus, the suspension can do its job more effectively. Also, lightweight wheels reduce rotational mass, increasing acceleration and decreasing braking distance.

👍
 
Lightweight wheels have a big effect in lowering unsprung mass, thus, the suspension can do its job more effectively. Also, lightweight wheels reduce rotational mass, increasing acceleration and decreasing braking distance.

In a nutshell, uber-light wheels are one of the best 'mods' you can do for a street car.

Leaving this out of the game is kind of a big deal. Not only from a performance perspective...

But around here, you get yelled at for wanting this modification. Probably because people don't know what they are talking about. I guess some think aftermarket wheels are for looks only...
 
Lightweight wheels have a big effect in lowering unsprung mass, thus, the suspension can do its job more effectively. Also, lightweight wheels reduce rotational mass, increasing acceleration and decreasing braking distance.

In a nutshell, uber-light wheels are one of the best 'mods' you can do for a street car.
+1

Wish I had listened when people told me that before I put 18x10's on my s14 :nervous:
 
[YOUTUBEHD]PjRTmz6wao8[/YOUTUBEHD]

Is that a high beam signal? I thought standard cars did not have high beams? @2:22
 
Last edited:


Is that a high beam signal? I thought standard cars did not have high beams? @2:22


It was on during the whole video. All cars MIGHT have high beams.. I don't know. We'll know when we get our hands on the game..
 
It was on during the whole video. All cars MIGHT have high beams.. I don't know. We'll know when we get our hands on the game..

Standards have high beams its on the official site.

In Gran Turismo 5, cars have fully-functioning headlights. Premium cars even feature both low and high beams for a variety of racing conditions.

Premium cars: Headlights with high beams and low beams
Standard cars: Standard lights only
 


Is that a high beam signal? I thought standard cars did not have high beams? @2:22


Looks like a high beam signal to me.Are you sure this isin't a premium?


It was on during the whole video. All cars MIGHT have high beams.. I don't know. We'll know when we get our hands on the game..

It looks like it has that, yes. :)

Standards don't have high beams its on the official site.

It was never said that Standards don't have high beams, it was just said you won't be able to change them during a race. Since the high beams are on during the entire race, it's probably stuck that way.
 
It was never said that Standards don't have high beams, it was just said you won't be able to change them during a race. Since the high beams are on during the entire race, it's probably stuck that way.

True, I think thats the case as well, it looks like high beams, but it might the camera fooling us.
 
It was never said that Standards don't have high beams, it was just said you won't be able to change them during a race. Since the high beams are on during the entire race, it's probably stuck that way.

In Gran Turismo 5, cars have fully-functioning headlights. Premium cars even feature both low and high beams for a variety of racing conditions.

Premium cars: Headlights with high beams and low beams
Standard cars: Standard lights only

Its right here.

What else I find strange with these videos is with the premium car replay he switched the view with this car he stayed in 3rd view and looked side to side.
 
What news concerne Standard cockpit ?
Yes or not ?
Find a Proof in video please.:scared:
 
What news concerne Standard cockpit ?
Yes or not ?
Find a Proof in video please.:scared:

Standard cars do NOT have a cockpit. It looks like it automatically kicks you to the chase cam when you get in a Standard car if you've been in cockpit view in the premium cars.
 
Standard cars do NOT have a cockpit. It looks like it automatically kicks you to the chase cam when you get in a Standard car if you've been in cockpit view in the premium cars.

Well he never switched the view with the Honda race car He switched it for the premiums.
 
Well he never switched the view with the Honda race car He switched it for the premiums.

That's why i will love to see a confirmed standard car with all switch view for know if standard cars have or not the cockpit view.

OMG if standard cars have a cockpit view (Good or very simple design) it will be juste marvelous.

I m waiting this proof. :guilty:
 
Well he never switched the view with the Honda race car He switched it for the premiums.

I can't find it anymore, but the Tsukuba video, I thought, was done with a standard Miata and he swapped views and the showed that the standard views are the ones from GT4.
 
That's why i will love to see a confirmed standard car with all switch view for know if standard cars have or not the cockpit view.

OMG if standard cars have a cockpit view (Good or very simple design) it will be juste marvelous.

I m waiting this proof. :guilty:

Also look at the lights @ 1:18 they glare of the wall. They are very bright unlike the clips we saw of the standard card before and GT4.

I can't find it anymore, but the Tsukuba video, I thought, was done with a standard Miata and he swapped views and the showed that the standard views are the ones from GT4.

I dont know ,an i saw every video and never saw bumper Cam yet. If what your saying is true we would of saw bumper cam right. I will try to find it also 👍
 
Back