GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,255 views
Umm...you do know companies still make money off of used games right? Every time that barcode is scanned, a portion on the money does go to the publisher and developer. Stores like GameStop have partnerships with the console makers and publishers, which ensures that everyone gets paid regardless if it's used or new.

And I'm sure you also know that major game companies, like EA, have tried to stop used game sales by including items only in new copies (like online play in their sports games).

Game companies want new copies sold. I think that's established. And I don't believe used copies get any money back to Sony. Those partnerships are for new copies only.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/12/atari-calls-used-game-sales-extremely-painful.ars
"Atari calls used game sales "extremely painful"

"Second hand game sales represent consumer choice and desire," said Gardner. "Obviously, it has economically been extremely painful for the industry... the publishers don't benefit."

I'd like people to know money is our single voice. It's the only way we can make a difference. Normally, you should buy a game new to reward the company for a job well done, but when things take a turn for the worse and the game company no longer respects its fan base, just their wallets, you need to let them hear you.
 
Last edited:
Does after market wheels make your car go faster?

If they reduce the overall curb weight of the car, hereto lowering it's center of gravity - yes, aftermarket wheels can make your car go faster.

Any other questions you want answered?
 
Yeah they will shave a few hundreds off your laptime at a push.
 
Even though it's frustrating not the hear a release date day after day, the fact that copy's are floating around means that very near the release. I believe Sony is waiting until there is enough supply in the chain before they announce a date.
 
Well they should least tell us how many copies have been shipped out so far.
 
um what? Lighter wheels make handling better.

Without a doubt, reduces unsprung weight.

edit - which is good for both acceleration and cornering.
 
Most people will still pay full price for the game though. A handful of people who've been waiting for 5 years and all of a sudden decide Sony sucks and won't pay, won't affect Sony at all.

I am sorry for the guys that previously ordered this game years ago 👎
 
And I'm sure you also know that major game companies, like EA, have tried to stop used game sales by including items only in new copies (like online play in their sports games).

Game companies want new copies sold. I think that's established. And I don't believe used copies get any money back to Sony. Those partnerships are for new copies only.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/12/atari-calls-used-game-sales-extremely-painful.ars
"Atari calls used game sales "extremely painful"

"Second hand game sales represent consumer choice and desire," said Gardner. "Obviously, it has economically been extremely painful for the industry... the publishers don't benefit."

I didn't not know that, actually. But, I suspect that they make up a bit of that from the gamestores in the "pre-order items" which the stores probably have to pay for. GameStop also sells MS Points, PSN money and other things which they probably don't get ANY money from. And the pay-for-DLC content era we're should also help cure the pre-owned sales.

Also, I'm sure some companies have made deals with GameStop at least to make a little money off the used game sales.
 
Um. My card just got charged for my Collector's Edition preorder. What does this mean?!? :nervous:
 
Um. My card just got charged for my Collector's Edition preorder. What does this mean?!? :nervous:

Might mean that it's packaged and about to ship. :)
 
Well they should least tell us how many copies have been shipped out so far.
Why would they give out crucial information which is directly related to a release date, rather than give us a release date itself? ;)

Considering we've learned thinly veiled information about games being shipped by the hundred-thousands around to different areas, and we have videos of the game in play on HDTVs, you should be sure that a release date isn't very far off. Any day now. In fact, any day now, and you'll be playing it.

You guys saying that people shouldn't or won't buy it really have no clue. Just check out the number of users here on the GT5 board...

Oh, and by the way,

I personally think GT5 is making huge waves in the gaming communty, the only people that dont seem to think its great at the members of this page... and at the risk of recieving hate mail replies, it seems to be the newer gamers to discover Gran Turimso, while the guys and girls who were there from the very beginning and have watched it grow slowly over all the years into GT5 are in awe at what Kaz and the guys have achieved...
I for one am firmly part of the older set it seems, whenever I hear of something thats not 'perfect' (ie Standard car lack of cockpits, or this whole wheel fiasco) I simply shrug, and just soak up that old GT magic that I felt after the first few laps of GT1. True its only a game, but I do firmly believe its a game thats made more with love and care than stocks and shares...
Oh on a lighter note I had an xbox friend going on about Sony dismissed the Nov dates, Oh the guy that makes it said the PS3 isnt powerful enough for his dream, pretty bad move for him dont you think? I personally think they should hold off the release till next year now...and all other manner of typical GT hating comments we've come to know and love.
But after explaining, that Kaz is a perfectionist (fault or plus) and they could have the holodeck of star trek and Kaz would still aim to push it to its limits and beyond and also explaining all the other stuff doesnt matter as its on disc and more or less on sale any day now. The Xboxers final comment was, but what else can I make jokes about now?

Sorry for the long rant, just getting a tad sick of the whiners in here complaining that PD didnt make the game as their dream world would have!
👍 My sentiments exactly.
 
Um. My card just got charged for my Collector's Edition preorder. What does this mean?!? :nervous:

From what I read that can mean GT5 is coming.
 
Um. My card just got charged for my Collector's Edition preorder. What does this mean?!? :nervous:

This basically means that you spent your money via a card to order your copy of Gran turismo 5 Collectors Edition before the date on which it will be released which includes a model car.











:) It just means expect the unexpected.
 
And I'm sure you also know that major game companies, like EA, have tried to stop used game sales by including items only in new copies (like online play in their sports games).

Game companies want new copies sold. I think that's established. And I don't believe used copies get any money back to Sony. Those partnerships are for new copies only.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/12/atari-calls-used-game-sales-extremely-painful.ars
"Atari calls used game sales "extremely painful"

"Second hand game sales represent consumer choice and desire," said Gardner. "Obviously, it has economically been extremely painful for the industry... the publishers don't benefit."

This man speaks the truth.

Auto makers don't make money off of used car sales, publishers don't make money off used book sales, and entertainment companies don't make money off used video game sales.

Bar codes are for inventory control.

This is the Gamestop annual report. If there was any payment to producers for used games, you bet it'd be in there. Check out page 99 for an idea on how much more profitable used games are.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=130125&p=irol-reportsannual
 
Um. My card just got charged for my Collector's Edition preorder. What does this mean?!? :nervous:

That means they have it in stock and are getting ready to start shipping orders.
 
I heard there was a "car delivery" video, Did anyone watch it, and what is the car delivery after all?

Nothing special, just a small "animation" of the car you won, being shown to you and items, such as paint schemes, being unlocked from that colour that car has.
 
Um, don't kill me but I just read this from walmart.com on GT5

"Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 12/07/2010"

I know that wasn't up there the other day.. even though I went through GameStop. I'm not gonna put too much hope in that date for now.
 
If they reduce the overall curb weight of the car, hereto lowering it's center of gravity - yes, aftermarket wheels can make your car go faster.

Any other questions you want answered?

Not exactly accurate. The wheels are the lowest part of the car, if you reduce the weight there - the center of mass actually goes upward. Remove weight from the top of the car, like a heavy sunroof assembly, and your center of mass is lowered.

Lightweight wheels have a big effect in lowering unsprung mass, thus, the suspension can do its job more effectively. Also, lightweight wheels reduce rotational mass, increasing acceleration and decreasing braking distance.

In a nutshell, uber-light wheels are one of the best 'mods' you can do for a street car.

.....

Leaving this out of the game is kind of a big deal. Not only from a performance perspective, but from a UGC perspective. People do not like having the same thing as their neighbor and equally, people like to tell the world what a special little flower they are through their selection of products. Whether it's ironic scummy hipster sunglasses or a murdered-out AMG 'benz; people like to showcase their personality & likes.

Things have changed quite a bit since GT4. Games that feature user generated stuff become more than their label. Painting in FM is a huge deal. I hate it, but it is what it is. Lacking UGC is bad news in this day & age.
 
Um, don't kill me but I just read this from walmart.com on GT5

"Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 12/07/2010"

I know that wasn't up there the other day.. even though I went through GameStop. I'm not gonna put too much hope in that date for now.

I think pretty much every retailer has a different date. There is no need to have all of these dates posted from each website of a store's claim of release.
 
Yeah you might wanna check out the search feature there buddy, read page 1 will be a good start also.

I think it's OK he posted the video since this isn't the original one (rybakdany's), which was deleted earlier. Yesterday evening I saw rybakdany had posted the new videos, only to find YouTube very slow, so I decided to let the videos wait until morning - only to find out he had deleted them. Luckily, some had captured the videos and uploaded them to YT. :)
 
Back