GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,338 views
so we can't change rims who cares I just wanna tune the car to as much horsepower I can get the best in handling and race hard. I did change the rims in GT4 but not a big lost really I just wanna race.
 
I used to like changing rims with my cars in GT4, but you want to know why im not worked up about the fact you cant change them in GT5? [standards, atleast] Its because when your racing you'll barely notice them, and nor will any of your competitiors, its just a very minor addition compared to body/racing mods and colour changing, which is clearly possible on most cars [probably excludes racing cars, because they already and technically have race mods and specialized paint jobs], and even if wheel rims helped performance, its a barely noticeable increase.

For the people who are raging about this, just think if you werent allowed to change the rims of all the cars, just have a think about that for a second and then see how you feel afterwards, being greatful we still have 200-300 or so that we can still change rims of. I do understand the pain some people seem to be having about this, but there is no need to exaggurate and cry about it, gameplay matters, not graphics. if people can still play GT1-2 many times even today, graphics are not everything, and should NOT make or break a game, solely on its looks. and 95% of rims are probably purely for showing off. [this isnt meant as a rant, but as to try and help calm this useless storm of rage over whats probably 0.1% of the entire game package]

I for one am greatly looking forward to this game, despite the many shortcomings people seem to mindlessly point out as reasons not to buy the game even if they are very minor, small things like wheels and no livery editor should not put you off from what looks like a very phenomenal game indeed.
 
Last edited:
That sums it up right there. I just can't grasp why there is so much drama sometimes. I mean, I really can't think of more than 5 people I know, that are as dramatic as some of the people around here. Maybe people are more dramatic in their digital life?

Seriously, I don't get it.

Nor do I however, I'm very excited for what the game will offer in terms of Race Mods and Aero Kits. Maybe if you race mod a Enzo you'll get the FXX, or a McLaren F1 you'll get the F1 GTR. That's what I'd like to really know. What level of customization are we really dealing with?
 
Ok guys what's with the February talk? I went back a couple pages and all I could find was people getting mad over wheels.
 
Hi All

Im from the uk and ive had an email from my Pre- Order company (Coolshop) saying the release date to them is 30th November.

Can anyone confirm the release date in the UK?

Ive checked around the web and it anythingh from 24th Nov to 30th
 
Impossible, the copies are already shipped. It will be released this year.
 
there are benefits to swapping rims. bigger rims = smaller sidewall which could affect handing in a major way. donuts don't handle very well on a track (and yes i speak from experience). also, wider rims means more grip. if tire grip is modeled and we have tire deformation, the lack of swappable rims is a huge no-no
 
I find hard to believe thta the game will be released on 2011 while there are existing copies of the game already. If that was the case, It will be a huge punch to the fans, and the credibilty of Sony will be below zero.

I do not understand this policy, all this silence, all this misinformation it is incredible we have to "suffer" this way.
 
Nor do I however, I'm very excited for what the game will offer in terms of Race Mods and Aero Kits. Maybe if you race mod a Enzo you'll get the FXX, or a McLaren F1 you'll get the F1 GTR. That's what I'd like to really know. What level of customization are we really dealing with?

Yea it will be cool to see if that kind of detail made it in. 👍

But more than anything...

Hopefully they can give us a (soon) release date soon. :lol:

I actually left my groceries sitting in a cart next to me for 30 minutes today, while I stood at the PS3 demo station running 2 minutes blips on the demo at Walmart. :lol:


But one last thing regarding the drama, I think there is going to be so much content in this game, that I don't think I'll be bored for a long time. Will there be disappointments? Sure, I've been waiting for 5 years (or so), but some of the folks around here get waaaaaayyyy too worked up about stuff.
 
I've seen people talking about a 2011 release date... February, and even March?!?!

Don't you think it's kind of dumb talking about these dates for a game that's already finished and for sale on some countries?!?! Really, get real!!

My bets are: 23rd, 24th November or, at most, 3rd December. Later than this, I'll get my copy directly from a Czech supplier :D

Cheers...
 
I find hard to believe thta the game will be released on 2011 while there are existing copies of the game already. If that was the case, It will be a huge punch to the fans, and the credibilty of Sony will be below zero.

I do not understand this policy, all this silence, all this misinformation it is incredible we have to "suffer" this way.

the fans have suffered enough punches already, and i don't know about you, but for me sony's credibility has been negative for a while now.
 
But one last thing regarding the drama, I think there is going to be so much content in this game, that I don't think I'll be bored for a long time. Will there be disappointments? Sure, I've been waiting for 5 years (or so), but some of the folks around here get waaaaaayyyy too worked up about stuff.

Quoted for truth 👍

You can't please everyone all of the time but from what we've seen so far (which is far from everything) GT5 is going to be all kinds of awesome and keep a lot of people entertained for a very long time.
 
Yea it will be cool to see if that kind of detail made it in. 👍

But more than anything...

Hopefully they can give us a (soon) release date soon. :lol:

I actually left my groceries sitting in a cart next to me for 30 minutes today, while I stood at the PS3 demo station running 2 minutes blips on the demo at Walmart. :lol:


But one last thing regarding the drama, I think there is going to be so much content in this game, that I don't think I'll be bored for a long time. Will there be disappointments? Sure, I've been waiting for 5 years (or so), but some of the folks around here get waaaaaayyyy too worked up about stuff.

I think what pisses us off the most is the lack of information. We STILL can't get a damn REAL OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION as to the number of tracks in the game. seriously? You're (allegedly) 2 weeks from launch and we still can't know?

Also, some tracks will have weather & night, some won't. Which ones? Car list? I know there's 1000 cars, but at least tell us what the premium cars are. A bit of information on whether standard cars will eventually be upgraded to premium would help too.

I think 99% of people on this forum aren't frustrated at the game itself, they're frustrated at the way Sony/PD have handled the flow of information and release details.
 
maybe its an old question, but is it true you can not chage rims on standard cars?? :nervous:
 
I find hard to believe thta the game will be released on 2011 while there are existing copies of the game already. If that was the case, It will be a huge punch to the fans, and the credibilty of Sony will be below zero.

I do not understand this policy, all this silence, all this misinformation it is incredible we have to "suffer" this way.

In my opinion is all about marketing, they're trying to create an atmosphere of pathos and waiting around a big title like this...
 
This game is not looking like this year to be honest.

2011 here we come!
 
In my opinion is all about marketing, they're trying to create an atmosphere of pathos and waiting around a big title like this...

If I can be perfectly blunt, and if any Sony/PD person is reading this, all I have to say is: RELEASE THE F&*%@ING THING!

you know, i know, we ALL know it will sell 10+ million copies. You can't metaphysically hype this game up anymore.
 
So 98% of the cars in this game are useless? Can't change wheels, can't see cockpit view, probably can't modify them.. are we able to drive them? Does this pathetic useless game that doesn't even have a release date just evolve around 2% of the cars in it? Sad.. really sad.

That said, I've stopped believing all the garbage I read on this forum and I'm going to wait until I've got the game in my console so I can see for myself how bad it really is.

Edit: Just a slightly upgraded version of GT4 maybe? Should have expected that.
 
This game is not looking like this year to be honest.

2011 here we come!

If people already have the game [stolen or not, it is the FULL retail version] then it will be out before christmas, Sony cannot miss such a gargantuan oppurtunity like this now, and holding it off until 2011 will undoubtedly cause unprecedented rage in the entire community, and no one wants that do they?
 
change rims, change rims, change rims.....:scared::crazy::ouch:

It's not a tunning game, me i need Interior view for STANDARD carrrrsssssssss....!!! :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:
 
Back