GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,338 views
change rims, change rims, change rims.....:scared::crazy::ouch:

It's not a tunning game, me i need Interior view for STANDARD carrrrsssssssss....!!! :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:



Sure it's not a tuning game for you but I don't know if you have to use winter tires there but here we have to and I have 17" summer wheels and 16" winter tires on my Opel Vectra OPC GTS and I changed to winter tires last weekend and it changed totally the car's driving characteristics. Steering feels lighter and response is softer so wheel changes have a drastic difference on handling. It's not only the looks.
 
Sure it's not a tuning game for you but I don't know if you have to use winter tires there but here we have to and I have 17" summer wheels and 16" winter tires on my Opel Vectra OPC GTS and I changed to winter tires last weekend and it changed totally the car's driving characteristics. Steering feels lighter and response is softer so wheel changes have a drastic difference on handling. It's not only the looks.
👍
 
So 98% of the cars in this game are useless? Can't change wheels, can't see cockpit view, probably can't modify them.. are we able to drive them? Does this pathetic useless game that doesn't even have a release date just evolve around 2% of the cars in it? Sad.. really sad.

That said, I've stopped believing all the garbage I read on this forum and I'm going to wait until I've got the game in my console so I can see for myself how bad it really is.

Edit: Just a slightly upgraded version of GT4 maybe? Should have expected that.

:dopey:

umm...200 out of 1000 is 20%. Better stop going on the forums and start attending math classes.

sure made me chuckle 'cause they were my first thoughts, haha!!!

And you're Mister Perfect at Maths are you? People like you... really annoy me.

there's a difference between classifying yourself as 'Mister Perfect at Maths' and interpreting 200 out of 1000 as 2% :lol:. when you're bitching to such an extreme, too, it gives great reason for technicals' comments, surely?

2rc7k0w.jpg

are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap
 
:dopey:



sure made me chuckle 'cause they were my first thoughts, haha!!!



there's a difference between classifying yourself as 'Mister Perfect at Maths' and interpreting 200 out of 1000 as 2% :lol:. when you're bitching to such an extreme, too, it gives great reason for technicals' comments, surely?



are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap

How dare you?!? That mechanic is not fake. He's translating!
 
:dopey:



sure made me chuckle 'cause they were my first thoughts, haha!!!



there's a difference between classifying yourself as 'Mister Perfect at Maths' and interpreting 200 out of 1000 as 2% :lol:. when you're bitching to such an extreme, too, it gives great reason for technicals' comments, surely?



are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap


Are you being serious?
 
As if Sony cares about a raging community, they could not give a crap to be honest.

If they did, we would know more by now.

All sony care about is themselves!

sony would mad not to release the game before chrimbo, they would lose millions. the game is ready for release, i would say 2nd week of december at the very latest.
 
are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-zeYHQO2pc

That's because someone has photoshopped a face on him
 
are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap

Please, tell me you were joking :crazy:
 
are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
 
I guess I'm the only one that understood the sarcasm :(
 
I couldn't imagine the threads created for a wrongly rendered cockpit.

Look at all the complaints over att Forza Central...

sure made me chuckle 'cause they were my first thoughts, haha!!!

there's a difference between classifying yourself as 'Mister Perfect at Maths' and interpreting 200 out of 1000 as 2% :lol:. when you're bitching to such an extreme, too, it gives great reason for technicals' comments, surely?

I thaught it was a figure of speach. Gees... try not to be so square, people...


are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

let us wait till the real game before we judge anything. if you can't change standard car rims, that is rather crap

I'm not sure here. Are you genuine?
 
The major shopping ends after December. Again, not a good business move. I mean realistically. Would you rather be pushing your product out the door during the major sales rush like Black Friday/Cyber Saturday, or having your product go on sale a month or two after Christmas? Really, Sony is a business. They will act like one, they will do whatever it takes to maximize their profits. This why I don't understand where the "2011 Release" crowd get that idea from. To be honest, GT5 is in the wild. They have everything ready to go, why sit on it for a few months? It makes no sense whatsoever.

The "2011 Release" date crowd was born out of the lack of trust around Sony. So why haven't we got a release date if its coming out this year?

We have just over 7 weeks left in this year!!!
 
I think what pisses us off the most is the lack of information. We STILL can't get a damn REAL OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION as to the number of tracks in the game. seriously? You're (allegedly) 2 weeks from launch and we still can't know?

Also, some tracks will have weather & night, some won't. Which ones? Car list? I know there's 1000 cars, but at least tell us what the premium cars are. A bit of information on whether standard cars will eventually be upgraded to premium would help too.

I think 99% of people on this forum aren't frustrated at the game itself, they're frustrated at the way Sony/PD have handled the flow of information and release details.

Oh I'm right there with you on the lack of communication. I think Sony is totally dropping the ball on that.

However, I'm not speaking to you directly when I say this, but it seems like some people take it personally. As if some Sony "big wig" is sitting in his office laughing at them.

However, in the end it is a product and I will (for the most part) judge the product on the merits of that product. There will be disappointments, but no one should flip out if their "thing" didn't make it.

I guess I think of GT as like a giant "bash" that is thrown by friends once a year. I have a great time there every time, I trust the people that throw it, and know their main goal is that I have a great time. While it seems like others are constantly talking bad about this, or that. Or mad their favorite girl didn't show up, or whatever...

Now, I know that PD is not a few friends and they are a company. I also know that I am a consumer. And as a consumer I should be harsh, but PD has delivered some of the greatest games over the last 13 or so years. So, I do trust them. And I also feel like they, maybe more than any other video game company, have a passion for what they do. And I appreciate that.

Which is not my norm. I am typically the complete opposite. However, PD has earned my trust (not forever or indefinitely), but they have earned enough leeway in my eyes, that I will cut them some slack.

With that said, Sony needs to get that date together and announce it. Which was looking to be the 23rd, but if they don't announce it by Friday, then I won't be so sure anymore.

Oh yea, and I need to get to sleep now. Good night all.
 
:dopey:

are you sure that is genuine, though? look at the mechanic bloke. how fake does he look, it's as if someone has photoshopped a face on to him... who's to say that text isn't fake itself, created to cause a stir?

The mechanic has been photoshopped. It's translator-san's head. It's a joke.

The text is real.
 
Guys, all I see in this much-maligned pic is A CRAZY AWESOME MOUTH-WATERING HD E-TYPE 👍 👍 👍 Wow!
 
OMG! I just got a fax from John Titor with the number 2011 on it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger just drove a Samba bus through my living room wall, stepped out, removed his sunglasses, and shouted "2011!"

Could be a bad sign. Or it could be a political thing. Which could also be a bad sign.
 
So 98% of the cars in this game are useless? Can't change wheels, can't see cockpit view, probably can't modify them.. are we able to drive them? Does this pathetic useless game that doesn't even have a release date just evolve around 2% of the cars in it? Sad.. really sad.

That said, I've stopped believing all the garbage I read on this forum and I'm going to wait until I've got the game in my console so I can see for myself how bad it really is.

Edit: Just a slightly upgraded version of GT4 maybe? Should have expected that.

I spect the same since every GT game is basically the same, for the same point i asume that you CAN change the wheels of all cars in the game, but its just a specullation since, again, every GT game is the same.
 
Sure it's not a tuning game for you but I don't know if you have to use winter tires there but here we have to and I have 17" summer wheels and 16" winter tires on my Opel Vectra OPC GTS and I changed to winter tires last weekend and it changed totally the car's driving characteristics. Steering feels lighter and response is softer so wheel changes have a drastic difference on handling. It's not only the looks.

I dont speek about TIRE, i speek about RIMS.
 
Holy cow, this thread will easily reach 3000 pages even before release date is... well... officialy released.
 
Its right here.

What else I find strange with these videos is with the premium car replay he switched the view with this car he stayed in 3rd view and looked side to side.
I kind of wish you could rotate the view 360 degrees or atleast rotate to see the sides of the car. For as much work as they put into the Premium models you would think we could see them from all angles in chase cam.
So 98% of the cars in this game are useless? Can't change wheels, can't see cockpit view, probably can't modify them.. are we able to drive them? Does this pathetic useless game that doesn't even have a release date just evolve around 2% of the cars in it? Sad.. really sad.

That said, I've stopped believing all the garbage I read on this forum and I'm going to wait until I've got the game in my console so I can see for myself how bad it really is.

Edit: Just a slightly upgraded version of GT4 maybe? Should have expected that.
crying-baby.jpg

Mind your own business.
You posted this in a public thread for everyone to read.
AI are red

Players are blue

PD is sweet

GT5 where are you?

:)
:lol:
 
one noob question. Is that normal to see game gets updated and fixed in PS3 or PD's game?(apart from DLCs)
 
no offense intended but this whole standard car and changing wheels/rims crisis, aren't some people over reacting just a little bit?. yeah it would have been nice to have the option to change them on standard cars but the lack of that option is hardly a major issue, plus you already have 200 - 300 cars you can do this to.

but with people talking like this

If you really can't change the rims on a standard car, PD is going to be in for a s**tstorm.

...no they are not, I can't see that happing at all, there are a few people now who sound like they will accept nothing other then perfection, taking any minor issue and turning it into a game breaking thing, people are talking about no longer getting the game because you can't change rims which seems a little bit over reactive, but those people will be in the minority. 95% of people will still buy the game, like the game, that other 5% will hopefully get over all this and buy the game too and hopefully after a while the lack of changing rims in a standard car will no longer be a major issue for them if at all in reality. there is going to be no mass public outcry about this as the majority won't care about it 💡.

really nearly every game prelaunch you get people who are like this, they want perfection they protest and say there will be a huge backlash against the publishers and developers. there hardly ever is as those people are in the minority and most of the problems they have really are not that big a deal (of course there are some exceptions but they tend to be a whole lot different to this). really this isn't some major issue, people over react too much sometimes and if something like ruins the game for you then I expect you will be disappointed in many many other ways with this game . :indiff:
 
one noob question. Is that normal to see game gets updated and fixed in PS3 or PD's game?(apart from DLCs)

It will definitely get patches and fixes. We don't know anything about DLC though
 
Back