GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,264 views
The way I read this change wheel business is, You can purchase new wheels on all cars but you can't change (size etc.) on standard cars!

I may be wrong, I may be right :/
 
Is it true that each part of a car is to adapt?

That is what I once read somewhere here, but that was many years ago.
 
i think people are forgetting the amount of work and detail that go in to these premium models. not other game this generation on ps3, as 200 cars modelled to such detail. as far as im aware , grid, ferrari challenge, dirt 1/2 reach between 50 and 70. someone mentioned yesterday that think of us getting 200 cars, and a bonus of 800 just to play around with. I don't know what people are expecting here? you can only push the ps3 so far. just look how pretty the tracks are, with all the side details as well- with weather combined- plus all the options, and a fully fledge online mode, i think at this stage kaz and his team have done the most they could. I seen this argument go on for almost a year now, and havn't said nothing on the matter. its just getting ridicolous with all the hysteria at the moment. i just can't wait till it gt5 is here and i can enjoy it, and will enjoy it, for what it is:tup:
 
I think they have just used a poor choice of words. Instead of change it should say modify. The key word in the image is or.

33a5wds.jpg

Sounds like we can't change the existing ones but we'll still be able to buy new ones 👍 (maybe there is at least one more set of wheels for premium included with the car, and only one kind for standard and we will have to pay for the others)
 
The way I read this change wheel business is, You can purchase new wheels on all cars but you can't change (size etc.) on standard cars!

I may be wrong, I may be right :/

well said i totally agree
 
The volume of cars added for GT4 was staggering. You cannot expect them to make a comparable leap in new cars for GT5 and still have a GUI on the disc to view them!

:tup:yup

There has always been an overlap of cars in each GT incarnation, this is no different. I dont about anyone else, but im only interested in how this game plays, how the AI works, how it looks and feels. Im not at all arsed about what ****ing wheels i have and if they are adjustable and light!! FFS. This is going to be as good as it gets on a PS3, and until Sony provide us all with the next gen console this is what we have, they dont come any better than PD at pushing consoles to the limit. Im blown away by what ive seen so far. Im thankful that there is a guy out there (KAZ) who dares to work so hard to produce a game as astounding as this.
 
The way I read this change wheel business is, You can purchase new wheels on all cars but you can't change (size etc.) on standard cars!

I may be wrong, I may be right :/

Ask 5383 for a movie!!
 
How you cant see the point we are making baffles me as well but we will all find out when sony finally lets us all have the game

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything, i just don't want people to get their hopes up too high and then be dissapointed when GT5 doesn't have all the features they want. It happened to me with GTA4 so i don't want to let it happen again.
 
Come on guy's,please stop it !the launch party has been fixed for 23/11/2010 so it's obvious that the game will be out this year!

To me when they say the launch party is on that day it tells me the game will be released the next day. So if the launch party is the 23rd then it tells me that the rumours are 90% true and the game will be released on the 24th.
 
To me when they say the launch party is on that day it tells me the game will be released the next day. So if the launch party is the 23rd then it tells me that the rumours are 90% true and the game will be released on the 24th.

Yeah, but jimmy ta.......nevermind.
 
I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything, i just don't want people to get their hopes up too high and then be dissapointed when GT5 doesn't have all the features they want. It happened to me with GTA4 so i don't want to let it happen again.

LOL neither am i mate either of us could be right , the point ive made since last night is everybody is saying you cant change the wheels on standards ,but ive not seen any 100% evidence either way
 
I'm not denying that at all I even payed over the odds when GT4 was released I wanted it that badly but still it does still by the sounds of it to be a modified GT4 if i'm proven wrong ill happily eat my own hat :)

I suppose if your main standard for a new GT release is how many new cars are included... yeah you will be disappointed. Try to think about all the CRAZY stuff that IS new in GT5 and you'll feel a lot better. Then again, you'll just be more anxious for the release... welcome to our disease!
 
Go back and play GT4 superb argument you have right there, So you would rather play a game with features that people don't want, Just think of GT5 as GT4.5 coz that's what it looks like right now, also GT4 doesnt have all the features I want, If i had the ability and the staff I would be more than happy to show PD where they have gone wrong

There are compromises in game development, development time is not infinite. I'll take the amazing graphics, dynamic weather, solid physics and that convincing smoke plus everything else that is going into this release over everything being a little sub par and unfinished so they can jam in everything.

GT4.5? How do you expect people to take you seriously?
 
Opinions are divided and both ways are legitimate, I reckon. Me personally, considering the brands franchise historical obsession with perfection (as possible) and detail, believe that they would do a better job by keeping its tradition and release the game with premium car/tracks only. In my opinion it would be much more acceptable to take a game with lesser cars and tracks, sacrificed for the inclusion of those all new cutting edge and unmatched features present in the game, rather then add to those upscaled PS2 models (no matter how good they look in-game), but that will lack those new exciting features. In resume, I believe the correct way would be to do with GT5 what happened with GT3. Sales figures of the past instalments seems to agree with my opinion that this would be well understand and accepted by the public.

The way they choose to go, legitimate as I said previously, does however give the sensation (disturbing) of incoherence, and inconsistency of the game. A game that above all praises the AUTOMOBILE and its history shouldn't ever treat distinctively treat cars between 1st class and 2nd class categories. GT5 seems to do so.

Well said son 👍
 
Well to say that 80% of the cars are from GT4 after 5 years of development i'm not the only person that expected more, as ive said think of it as GT4.5 so now it doesn't sound all that amazing on this generation of console :)

I suppose a lot of those 5 years involved redoing things untill it was good enough for Kaz, they could have been reworking and retweaking and that might have taken up so much time :p, without that the game might have had a whole lot more content but then it wouldn't have the perfectionist touch people expect from a GT title :), yeah 80% of the cars are from GT4 but I don't expect it was a case of copy and drag, from what it looks like they look very nice even if they are from GT4 and they will use the updated physics and more so I would guess a considerable amount of work was still put in to bring them to GT5, the other option was leaving them out, personally I would rather have them.

as I mentioned before I am personally impressed with what they have managed to achieve with this generation of console :p, in some aspects the ps3 is seriously dated hardware wise, you can always expect more but I think from what they have given its defo enough and fully justifies being GT5 but in the end its a personal opinion..
 
LOL neither am i mate either of us could be right , the point ive made since last night is everybody is saying you cant change the wheels on standards ,but ive not seen any 100% evidence either way

Well good on you for taking the other side of the fence, I Really Really hope you are right. 👍
 
how come you say its like a gt4.5?, what exactly have you been waiting for?, you can't have been expecting complete and utter perfection seriously?, and you should have said 'GT6 might actually be the game I had been waiting 5 years for', sounds like someone has unrealistic expections 💡

but you don't and you don't, PD didn't create this game for just you, where you might think they have gone so wrong others will be happy with what they have created, its all very easy to say I would have done it better. gt5 was never going to meet some of the unrealistic expections some of you guys have. remember you have this running on a machine with only 256Mb of ram + a old old video card in it at 1080p and 60FPS, to me that is pretty amazing. some people will never be pleased with what they get...

and for those who are complaining about the standard cars PD have said the game takes up nearly the full capacity of a blu-ray disc, I expect in the end they didn't have the time or the space or the hardware to create anything more then this, well they could have but expecting 1000 premium cars is unrealistic and PD's effort hardly comes off as being lazy to me.

Good on ya man 👍 There is also the whole DLC thing to consider too, plus folks seem to be forgetting that 10GB of free disc space is suggested as being optimal - you could get a fair amount of DLC material onto that, it can't all be damage modification and the like, so what might it be?
 
Well good on you for taking the other side of the fence, I Really Really hope you are right. 👍

I always try to stay on the optimistic side mate but if they cant be changed they cant i still want the game like no other , im just sick of the wait
 
To me when they say the launch party is on that day it tells me the game will be released the next day. So if the launch party is the 23rd then it tells me that the rumours are 90% true and the game will be released on the 24th.

hmm we dont have a release date and we have a launch party! can i have that link that says about the launch party please?(1st time i hear about the launch party lol)
 
Sounds like we can't change the existing ones but we'll still be able to buy new ones 👍 (maybe there is at least one more set of wheels for premium included with the car, and only one kind for standard and we will have to pay for the others)

That makes alot more sense 👍
 
The Launch party is rumored to take place on the 24rd, but not confirmed.
It's just one of all those rumors. And this was already said in the beginning of this week.

But anyway, another topic :
Was there actually proof of the "weather forecast" in GT5 ?
Cause I only saw static weather.
 
I cant judge the game till i play it or read some reviews. What i've seen so far looks awsome though and the best racer around.
 
In that rims issue, what if we only need to buy the wheels one time and the wheels we already bought will be stored for future changes? that would explain the "change your car´s existing set set"
 
The Launch party is rumored to take place on the 24rd, but not confirmed.
It's just one of all those rumors. And this was already said in the beginning of this week.


aha i see now thanks, is like a rumor hamburger!
 
But anyway, another topic :
Was there actually proof of the "weather forecast" in GT5 ?
Cause I only saw static weather.

At TGS Kaz said that dynamic weather would be for endurance races and courses made in the Course Maker. It obviously doesn't make a lot of sense for dynamic weather to be implemented in a 2-3 lap race around Deep Forest.
 
1 big issue with all this speculation, footage and discussion makes me realize one thing even more.....


f2t1p127n5.gif
 
Back