GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,255 views
I think I'm gonna stay away from this forum after I get the game. Reading all the negativity from you lot of downers would only sour what I hope to be a joyous experience 👎
 
I think I'm gonna stay away from this forum after I get the game. Reading all the negativity from you lot of downers would only sour what I hope to be a joyous experience 👎

Hey mate we arnt all negative , im not i cant wait for the game , i think the wait is actually killing me now slowly
 
Sorry if it's already been posted. Hard to keep up with this thread it moves fast.



That's why people want to call this GT4.5. Look at how many of the events are exactly the same.

Well, at least we won't have to dig around the dealerships for races anymore. They've just lumped the manufacturer races in with the rest!
 
That's why people want to call this GT4.5. Look at how many of the events are exactly the same.

I think it's nice that they are keeping with the old school GT theme.

The racing is going to be a completely different experience than in the past thanks to the new physics engine and weather - so it's clearly not GT4.5.
 
That's why people want to call this GT4.5. Look at how many of the events are exactly the same.

The people calling it GT4. are completely ignoring all the new content that's in this game. Unless I missed the version of GT4 that came with a dynamic weather system, a robust online mode, damage system, day/night cycles ect.
 
Do you have a disability to read the message I quoted? I wasnt the one who said the release party was on the 23rd.

I say ,you say that Mr forest gump?I say i heard it 1st time this YOU said and YOU HEARD from OTHERS and IF you have any link to see it,i didnt "blame" you for something..JeeZZ
 
GT5PSG2003.jpg


Saw the Cape Ring Video a few Days ago and thought :dunce: hey i'm sure i've seen something similar before ?

Anyhow playing GT5P this Morning and whilst watching the FUJI Speedway A-10 Grand Final Race Replay , on the Second Lap I saw this in the Top Left Hand Corner ???

Sorry if the Picture is not to good its not a great Camera

**EDITED** Once I meant Top Left , not Top Right as I first Posted

Sorry
 
Last edited:
For the guys who missed the post! (its going fast here!)


1:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE-Tv4V1ajQ

Sly collection release datum
3 december 2010

The problem with that is that games tend to go to print a month before their release. GT5 was due to be released Nov 2nd and given that the cancellation didn't come until quite late it's difficult to be certain that this wasn't printed before the Nov 2nd date got postponed. It's a very close call.
 
That's why people want to call this GT4.5. Look at how many of the events are exactly the same.

..You saw TWO out of FIVE categories.

Not only that, but what would you rather have if they took out all the preset series'?
 
24th november maybe ? :sly:



It's one step forward and two steps backward then, premium cars but no longer complete customization for standards

Although you're right, i personaly prefer these standard cars to be in the game with the overhaul of the surroundings, lighting, sounds and physics, but without being able to customise the exterior of the cars, than not to have these cars in GT5 at all.
 
I think I'm gonna stay away from this forum after I get the game. Reading all the negativity from you lot of downers would only sour what I hope to be a joyous experience 👎

👍 Ditto
 
A GT4.5 after more than 5 years of waiting, that would be a bit disapointing

Although you're right, i personaly prefer these standard cars to be in the game with the overhaul of the surroundings, lighting, sounds and physics, but without being able to customise the exterior of the cars, than not to have these cars in GT5 at all.

I agree for sure, however one of my favorite things to do in driving games is to spend time customizing cars to make them look just like what I want, I guess I'll to stick with premiums their appearances then
 
Last edited:
GT5PSG2003.jpg


Saw the Cape Ring Video a few Days ago and thought :dunce: hey i'm sure i've seen something similar before ?

Anyhow playing GT5P this Morning and whilst watching the FUJI Speedway A-10 Grand Final Race , on the Second Lap I saw this in the Top Right Hand Corner ???

Sorry if the Picture is not to good its not a great Camera

More importantly there's a go kart track to the left which will probably be used in the karting events
 
I think I'm gonna stay away from this forum after I get the game. Reading all the negativity from you lot of downers would only sour what I hope to be a joyous experience 👎

I'm not sure it's negativity, just realistic points of view. Some people do go over the top when they call certain things 'game breaking' but for the most part it's just people expressing their dissapointment, particualarly when we have heard the word 'perfection' mentioned lots of time over the past year as to a reason why things are taking so long.
 
Saw the Cape Ring Video a few Days ago and thought :dunce: hey i'm sure i've seen something similar before ?

Anyhow playing GT5P this Morning and whilst watching the FUJI Speedway A-10 Grand Final Race Replay , on the Second Lap I saw this in the Top Right Hand Corner ???

Sorry if the Picture is not to good its not a great Camera

Fantastic finding, it sure do look like Cape Ring. :dopey:
 
Edited me Post a bit late I meant top Left D'oh :dunce:

jeez you lot post fast on here :)
 
Am I the only one not getting the connection between sly and GT5?
 
WHOA!!! WHAT IS THAT FERRARI?!?!

This better not be a fake! ME WANT!
 
I say ,you say that Mr forest gump?I say i heard it 1st time this YOU said and YOU HEARD from OTHERS and IF you have any link to see it,i didnt "blame" you for something..JeeZZ

Sorry. I got frustrated when I get questioned for answering posts that I have no answer to.
 
Am I the only one not getting the connection between sly and GT5?

In the manual of Sly it has a page advertising GT5 and says 'Available Now' on it. This would mean that they plan for the game to be in stores by the time Sly is released
 
Edited me Post a bit late I meant top Left D'oh :dunce:

jeez you lot post fast on here :)

Im afraid im not seeing it Harley, could you please be a bit more specific for us blind folk? cheers :)
 
Ignorant posts like this are such a turn off. This game is beyond advanced. If you know anything about hardware and programming you wouldn't be making such claims. Let me clear a few things up for you, and put things into perspective. The post above yours has some good points, but leaves out a few things.

Firstly. The ps3's cell processor is the most advanced/powerful processor in homes as we speak. Its even more powerful than the six core processors available in our home computers in terms of mathamatical operations. Gran Turismo is one of the few games to have utilized more than 90% of the cell's capacity. Gran Turismo 5 doesn't use the ps3's built in graphics accelerator, all operations are handled on the cell itself. This is why the game looks so pretty, and runs at a full 60fps. It could never achieve this using the on-board graphics that Sony included in the hardware to make coding for the ps3 easier for "third party developers."

Secondly. Recycled cars are not recycled. They have been totally re-rendered, and touched up by Pd's 3d artists. Yes they may be from a previous game, but that's no reason to call them recycled. Modeling is very time consuming, and we would never see the game on shelves if PD took the time to remodel all the cars in 3d with Interior Views.

Third, the game is in 3d. Meaning, not only do they have to model the cars/tracks for your standard non 3d television, They also have to model for your 3d televisions. These models are complex, and take up tons of space on the disk. Its no wonder there's only 200 3d modeled interiors. Which if you ask me, is quite a feat. I know some of you are thinking, "hey I could give a rats 🤬 about 3d, I don't own a 3d television." Well that's what comes with new technology. There's always going be the transistion phase where its not going to be for everyone.

Fourth, This isn't your company, this isn't your game, this isn't your idea, or vision. Its Kaz's, and Kaz's alone. If he says the game isn't ready to be released, its not coming out, no matter how much the public demands it.

Fifth. The game's engine/physics have been totally re-written. And that's something that takes a long time to get right. Imagine the mathmatics invovled in creating the tire physics, the roll of the car, weigh of all the components, placement of that weigh over the wheels, inertia, gravity, wind, humidity, rain, snow, weight of the driver, friction from road surfaces, aerodynamics, etc, etc. All very complex systems that took someone a ton of hard work to code. And from playing the TT demo last Christmas I feel they did an EXCELENT Job. Tho i'm sure some changes have taken place since then.

End Rant.

On an exit note, I'm not flaming anyone, or trying troll, I just feel that PD isn't getting credit where credit is deserved. These guys busted their butts to bring us the most advanced console driving simulator of our time.

First, call someone ignorant desnt make you smarter, do you realize?

Now,

FIrst, a high-end PC makes a PS3 eat dust, simply, and GT5 dont run EVERY time at 60 fps, Kaz says that, research before make such statement.

Second, yes they are recycled literally, look at the infamous picture of the Corvette GT, and they NOT remodeled, they only has new shaders and 3d rims.

Third, up to the comercial 3d train, dont miss them!!!

Fourth, you are right.

Fifth, i think you are right.

End Rant.
 
Back