GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,318 views
This situation is getting completely out of hand. Sony can remove leaked videos and deny all the release date rumors, but they can't give us an idication of a possible release date.

This is freakin retarted!

C'mon Sony / PD give your fans a release so that we can stop with all the speculation and rumors! Please!

In fact it's amazing!!!
 
here you go.
33a5wds.jpg
:lol: i also dislike this
 
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

Sony burn in hell your dirty wankers!!
 
Ill get flamed for this but oh well, I wish PD started over and included all the features we all used in past games and make everything equal, I can see the Forza fanboys smiling from ear to ear when they realize what features GT5 wont have :(

Just go back and play GT4, that has all the features you want. I'll stick with GT5 thanks and remain thankful that GT5 is made my PD and not the GT community.
 
All this hype reminds me of something that happened in 2008. A mate of mine bought a PS3 saying that he only bought it for GT5...
 
So guys. I have just been watching the car dealership video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnkhgWN8r4E

Link to one, have a look at 0.06 in the bottom left corner there is a button, it looks gold, but the guy quickly moves away from it. Is it possible that this button swaps between the PREMIUM and STANDARD car dealers? He went away from it too quickly, but there was a dialogue box with "mouse over text" appearing. This might be our missing link between the standard and premium cars!
 
Last edited:
Why are changable rims important anyway? Can't see them, nor do they actually make an impact. Costs valuable money which should be spent on more important stuff.
 
But at least you can tune your repair man (if you are using a premium repair man off course).

Can probably only go over 60miles per hour on Premium tracks too.
 
Well, there goes my AE86 on Watanabe's plan :(

I cant imagine theres gona be many people using the 800+ Standard cars to race online with a major handicap surrounding them. Its a shame..but oh well we cant do anything about it.
 

Now there's a car that DESERVES to be PREMIUM. Anyone yet have confirmation of it Premium/Standard status? (assuming that the text in on the wheel icon is a fix one that shows whenever you place the cursor on top of it, independenty of the car used at the moment).
 
the number of pages in this thread increase faster than i red them, everybody's gone mad :)
 
Just go back and play GT4, that has all the features you want. I'll stick with GT5 thanks and remain thankful that GT5 is made my PD and not the GT community.

Go back and play GT4 superb argument you have right there, So you would rather play a game with features that people don't want, Just think of GT5 as GT4.5 coz that's what it looks like right now, also GT4 doesnt have all the features I want, If i had the ability and the staff I would be more than happy to show PD where they have gone wrong
 
Why are changable rims important anyway? Can't see them, nor do they actually make an impact. Costs valuable money which should be spent on more important stuff.

Rims are an easy way to fine tune weight.
 
Ill get flamed for this but oh well, I wish PD started over and included all the features we all used in past games and make everything equal, I can see the Forza fanboys smiling from ear to ear when they realize what features GT5 wont have :(

Is this a joke? There are so many more features in this than previous versions. Dynamic weather/ day/night cycles, an in-depth online mode/ my lounge with 16 player races and 32 player lobbies with customizable private lobbies, course editor, youtube uploader, karting, new physics/damage, skid marks, advanced photomode, ect. just to name a few. So because you can't change wheels on standard cars means all the new features just disappear?
 
Last edited:
Why are changable rims important anyway? Can't see them, nor do they actually make an impact. Costs valuable money which should be spent on more important stuff.

To me, they were just a time waster. Like putting little pieces of jewelry on your car to see how they look. I sincerely doubt it will ever reduce the weight of your car by purchasing "lightweight alloy" wheels, so it's all basically one big (self-gratification).

Abraxas points out below me that photomode is the biggest incentive to changing rims... Yes, I suppose one extraneous time-wasting feature serves another!
 
Why are changable rims important anyway? Can't see them, nor do they actually make an impact. Costs valuable money which should be spent on more important stuff.

Photomode maybe? I think many people would like to spend some time in it. Yes, standards will not look so good in photomode, but you always can find composition in which they will look great. Without custom rims it won't be as fun, as it could :(
 
Its not like rims are a hard thing to change on a model, usually there's just a single dummy model that gets swapped out for your rim of choice. Surely this isn't a hard thing to do PD?
 
I cant imagine theres gona be many people using the 800+ Standard cars to race online with a major handicap surrounding them. Its a shame..but oh well we cant do anything about it.
The physics are the same so I will drive as many standard cars that interest me. I'm a cockpit view user so that is my only handicap, and I've learned to get over it. Too many awesome cars in the standard tier to pass up, especially when they will drive the same.
 
There is no buzz outside of the internet. Only the people on these forums care. Sure other people have probably seen the youtube vids and think 'hey thats nice', but if this game is going to sell millions, this kind of bullsh** marketing wont cut it

The internet is a big place so internet buzz is relevant and it's not only people on these forums that care. Check out the links below for a sample of media coverage from outside the gaming press.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/201...tor-picks-1969-chevy-camaro-for-next-version/

https://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-x1-prototype-gets-real-set-to-debut-in-madrid/

https://www.gtplanet.net/1969-chevrolet-camaro-wins-at-the-2010-gt-awards/

https://www.gtplanet.net/mclaren-mp4-12c-murcielago-sv-more-in-top-gear-magazine-gt5-feature/

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-goes-gold-being-stamped-as-we-speak/

https://www.gtplanet.net/monaco-f1-circuit-in-gran-turismo-5-yamauchi-interview/

https://www.gtplanet.net/toyotas-24-hour-gt5-challenge-impressions-from-aus-motor-show/
 
You guys need to read the photo more carefully. It says you cannot change(modify) the standard(OME) wheels. It doesn't says anything about not being able to purchase new ones. It doesn't say anything about not being able to put a bodykit on standard cars either. It's going to look pretty daft with a widebody kit and OME wheels. I don't think PD's going to do that.👍
 
The physics are the same so I will drive as many standard cars that interest me. I'm a cockpit view user so that is my only handicap, and I've learned to get over it. Too many awesome cars in the standard tier to pass up, especially when they will drive the same.

It's going to be hard for me to adjust to exterior view as well. Can you tell me which one works best for you, if you like cockpit view as I do?
 
Is this a joke? There are so many more features in this than previous versions. Dynamic weather/ day/night cycles, an in-depth online mode/ my lounge with 16 player races and 32 player lobbies with customizable private lobbies, course editor, youtube uploader, karting, new physics/damage, advanced photomode, ect. just to name a few. So because you can't change wheels on standard cars means all the new features just disappear?

Ok so standard models in photomode at 18mp then yeah that will look fantastic wont it considering the standards were modelled on a previous generation console, I just do not see the point of removing a feature that most players have used in the past iterations of the game, Its the same thing with everything in the automotive world as I should know when a model is facelifted it has in essence added features and also what people loved about the previous model imagine the Mazda MX5 if they had given it a huuuuge engine like in the Mercedes SLK it would ruin the feeling
 
To me, they were just a time waster. Like putting little pieces of jewelry on your car to see how they look. I sincerely doubt it will ever reduce the weight of your car by purchasing "lightweight alloy" wheels, so it's all basically one big (self-gratification).

Abraxas points out below me that photomode is the biggest incentive to changing rims... Yes, I suppose one extraneous time-wasting feature serves another!

Well if the rims are modelled correctly then it certainly will change the weight of your car by up to 15kg in some instances. So it is a nice and easy way to alter the weight of your vehicle to suit. Changing rims was a hugely important thing in Forza to squeeze that last bit of performance out of the car when trying to hit a certain PI. It's not a game breaker as some are suggesting but would have been nice to have all cars rims changeable. Bit of an oversite, particularly when PD have been banging on about getting the game perfect.
 
I'm still curious if the Toyota GT-One race car, on the poster, is a Premium model. :confused:
DSC00279.jpg

What's the open wheeler in the bottom right hand corner?
I thought we would only get the F2007 and F10.
 
You guys need to read the photo more carefully. It says you cannot change(modify) the standard(OME) wheels. It doesn't says anything about not being able to purchase new ones. It doesn't say anything about not being able to put a bodykit on standard cars either. It's going to look pretty daft with a widebody kit and OME wheels. I don't think PD's going to do that.👍

Ive been trying to point this out since last night mate but i keep getting flamed on it .. at least 2 of us agree it could be that way
 
Kazunori once said in an Interview that "everything will come as a surprise".

I meanwhile doubt that it was a good Idea.

Nonetheless it will be out in the next 2-4 weeks definately.


I am sure that this game will be great as a whole but there also will be things which do not satisfy all of us the more since this has been in development for at least 5 years now. (More correct would be 11 years because it was built on prior releases.)

If the game is out there surely will be a thread of things "we dont like" about it.

The first on my list will be:

- No realtime-day-night cycles for all the tracks
- No weather-changes for all tracks/races
- Bad chase cam view
- No rims for Standard cars
- No cockpit view for Standard cars
...

But still it will be fun to play for a long time.
 
Back