GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,338 views
At TGS Kaz said that dynamic weather would be for endurance races and courses made in the Course Maker. It obviously doesn't make a lot of sense for dynamic weather to be implemented in a 2-3 lap race around Deep Forest.

Dynamic weather being weather that matches the real weather in that place?
 
I believe the correct way would be to do with GT5 what happened with GT3.

I would agree with you, if I didn't see GT5 as accomplishing that AND leaving an excessive amount of these "standard" cars from previous GTs in the game to satisfy longtime fans. If you are upset that their inclusion gives an air of inconsistency to the game, I suggest simply adjusting your viewpoint to see it the other way around.
 
No, like.. a weather forecast : it may start to rain..
and in the race it could rain, or the forecast fools you.
 
In that rims issue, what if we only need to buy the wheels one time and the wheels we already bought will be store for future changes? that would explain the "change your car´s existing set set"

This is exaclty what it means. You can buy new rims or change to a set you have already bought. It then goes on to say, 'You can't change the wheels on a standard model car'. I'm just not understanding how that can be intepreted any other way than how it is written. It's black and white.
 
Oh, i see, i was really hoping for some kind of live weather system. I thought the weather thing on Prologue was a hint towards this.
 
If I make a pleading youtube blog vid, will admins put it on the news section? lol
 
Have you found the facebook game from GT5?
Pics and infos here

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jvn.com%2Fjeux%2Farticles%2Fgran-turismo-5-le-jeu-facebook-pour-patienter.html

423624d8cf-gt5%20appli%20facebook-20750.jpg
 
This is exaclty what it means. You can buy new rims or change to a set you have already bought. It then goes on to say, 'You can't change the wheels on a standard model car'. I'm just not understanding how that can be intepreted any other way than how it is written. It's black and white.

There has been a history of strangely, vaguely or inaccurately worded menu descriptions in the Gran Turismo series and many others that are programmed by the Japanese for worldwide consumption.

In other words, yeah it might look pretty clear cut if you interpret it a certain way, but the wording doesn't matter if the effect of the feature doesn't match it - and that's what we're really interested in here, the end result. Wait and see, my friends.
 
No, like.. a weather forecast : it may start to rain..
and in the race it could rain, or the forecast fools you.

I think before Endurance race it gives you a weather update to let you know, but it wont be accurate all the time.
 
Check.

A few months ago, when it was confirmed that Standard cars didn't support cockpit view (at E3 or TGS I suppose), I was (and still am) one of the biggest critics about it here (see my signature placed since then...). At the time I said that my interpretation of it was that standard cars were nothing but a "tool" used to not be behind competition in the car-list numbers.

All these latest news we are getting do enhance that opinion of mine.

...
The way they choose to go, legitimate as I said previously, does however give the sensation (disturbing) of incoherence, and inconsistency of the game. A game that above all praises the AUTOMOBILE and its history shouldn't ever treat distinctively treat cars between 1st class and 2nd class categories. GT5 seems to do so.

They had to do a compromise it seems otherwise they would release in 2020.
Nevertheless I can live without cockpit views because I will be using bumper cam in all cars.

But I am still anxious about Kaz's statement to "exceed expectations". I hope this will happen. There wasn't any hint of this in the videos yet.
 
This is exaclty what it means. You can buy new rims or change to a set you have already bought. It then goes on to say, 'You can't change the wheels on a standard model car'. I'm just not understanding how that can be intepreted any other way than how it is written. It's black and white.

It would be weird not being able to change wheels on all cars though (I'm not really sure but I thought that switching wheels was possible in all previous GT games)
 
I think before Endurance race it gives you a weather update to let you know, but it wont be accurate all the time.

Would make sense! I thought so yes, but I'm afraid it won't be in.
haha but okay, let's hope so.
Everything is so vague with GT5
 
I think that this is a bad bad idea. whats wrong with consistancy?
al cars should have teh same options, cockpits etc. no standard or premious rubbish!
What exactly have they been doin for 6 years?
And I dont wanna think what teh physics will feel like!
 
👍👍:tup:This would be VERY helpful and put to rest much bickering!

How anyone can interpret that as anything but the wheels a standard cars comes with are the only ones it can have I have no idea.

I'm actually surprised as well. As if so many people just don't want to see the truth. I'm ok with the fact that you can't change the wheels of standard cars. As long as i can change the tires, i'll be one happy gamer.
 
I would agree with you, if I didn't see GT5 as accomplishing that AND leaving an excessive amount of these "standard" cars from previous GTs in the game to satisfy longtime fans. If you are upset that their inclusion gives an air of inconsistency to the game, I suggest simply adjusting your viewpoint to see it the other way around.

It's not a matter of "view point adjustment", because either view you have of the situation you still won't get the same features in all cars.

Sure you still in GT4 there were some things that you couldn't do either in all cars (changing the wheels of a FIAT 500, for example), but all the cars where treated the same way, all had the same quality and features.

So clearly, you'll have 1st class cars and 2nd class cars in this game or highly-absurdely detailed cars and amazing cars, however you prefer to see it. Still, either way, they aren't "equal". This doesn't make sense in this game.
 
Well to say that 80% of the cars are from GT4 after 5 years of development i'm not the only person that expected more, as ive said think of it as GT4.5 so now it doesn't sound all that amazing on this generation of console :)

Ignorant posts like this are such a turn off. This game is beyond advanced. If you know anything about hardware and programming you wouldn't be making such claims. Let me clear a few things up for you, and put things into perspective. The post above yours has some good points, but leaves out a few things.

Firstly. The ps3's cell processor is the most advanced/powerful processor in homes as we speak. Its even more powerful than the six core processors available in our home computers in terms of mathamatical operations. Gran Turismo is one of the few games to have utilized more than 90% of the cell's capacity. Gran Turismo 5 doesn't use the ps3's built in graphics accelerator, all operations are handled on the cell itself. This is why the game looks so pretty, and runs at a full 60fps. It could never achieve this using the on-board graphics that Sony included in the hardware to make coding for the ps3 easier for "third party developers."

Secondly. Recycled cars are not recycled. They have been totally re-rendered, and touched up by Pd's 3d artists. Yes they may be from a previous game, but that's no reason to call them recycled. Modeling is very time consuming, and we would never see the game on shelves if PD took the time to remodel all the cars in 3d with Interior Views.

Third, the game is in 3d. Meaning, not only do they have to model the cars/tracks for your standard non 3d television, They also have to model for your 3d televisions. These models are complex, and take up tons of space on the disk. Its no wonder there's only 200 3d modeled interiors. Which if you ask me, is quite a feat. I know some of you are thinking, "hey I could give a rats 🤬 about 3d, I don't own a 3d television." Well that's what comes with new technology. There's always going be the transistion phase where its not going to be for everyone.

Fourth, This isn't your company, this isn't your game, this isn't your idea, or vision. Its Kaz's, and Kaz's alone. If he says the game isn't ready to be released, its not coming out, no matter how much the public demands it.

Fifth. The game's engine/physics have been totally re-written. And that's something that takes a long time to get right. Imagine the mathmatics invovled in creating the tire physics, the roll of the car, weigh of all the components, placement of that weigh over the wheels, inertia, gravity, wind, humidity, rain, snow, weight of the driver, friction from road surfaces, aerodynamics, etc, etc. All very complex systems that took someone a ton of hard work to code. And from playing the TT demo last Christmas I feel they did an EXCELENT Job. Tho i'm sure some changes have taken place since then.

End Rant.

On an exit note, I'm not flaming anyone, or trying troll, I just feel that PD isn't getting credit where credit is deserved. These guys busted their butts to bring us the most advanced console driving simulator of our time.
 
The sly collection
3 december 2010

GT5 will be released BEFORE 3 december :D
 
Would make sense! I thought so yes, but I'm afraid it won't be in.
haha but okay, let's hope so.
Everything is so vague with GT5

That is the case, as I said earlier it's been that way since the dynamic weather system was announced

Lastly, Kazunori revealed the Dynamic Weather Changes system. For courses where applicable (like the endurance run courses), a "forecast" set by the developer creates conditions for weather events to occur. For example, a course my be "partially cloud" and then during the race, the player may experience rain or sleet. The effects of weather create real road challenges, like a slick road at night that reflects lights oddly or a dry desert course with sand blowing in front of the windshield. Kazunori said this is a feature that'll probably be more for the hardcore than the casual racer.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news...-racing-mode-weather-system-and-new-old-cars/
 
It would be weird not being able to change wheels on all cars though (I'm not really sure but I thought that switching wheels was possible in all previous GT games)

Correct, it was possible in all previous GT games. But probably because of technical reasons they chose not to do it in GT5 for the "older" standard cars.
 
Fifth. The game's engine/physics have been totally re-written. And that's something that takes a long time to get right. Imagine the mathmatics invovled in creating the tire physics, the roll of the car, weigh of all the components, placement of that weigh over the wheels, inertia, gravity, wind, humidity, rain, snow, weight of the driver, friction from road surfaces, aerodynamics, etc, etc. All very complex systems that took someone a ton of hard work to code. And from playing the TT demo last Christmas I feel they did an EXCELENT Job. Tho i'm sure some changes have taken place since then.

U][/I]

and i take it you've played the full game then?
I bet u it will feel just like prologue!
 
The sly collection
3 december 2010

GT5 will be released BEFORE 3 december :D

24th november maybe ? :sly:

Correct, it was possible in all previous GT games. But probably because of technical reasons they chose not to do it in GT5 for the "older" standard cars.

It's one step forward and two steps backward then, premium cars but no longer complete customization for standards
 
I think that this is a bad bad idea. whats wrong with consistancy?
al cars should have teh same options, cockpits etc. no standard or premious rubbish!
What exactly have they been doin for 6 years?
And I dont wanna think what teh physics will feel like!


 
Sorry if it's already been posted. Hard to keep up with this thread it moves fast.

 
Ignorant posts like this are such a turn off. This game is beyond advanced. If you know anything about hardware and programming you wouldn't be making such claims. Let me clear a few things up for you, and put things into perspective. The post above yours has some good points, but leaves out a few things.

Firstly. The ps3's cell processor is the most advanced/powerful processor in homes as we speak. Its even more powerful than the six core processors available in our home computers in terms of mathamatical operations. Gran Turismo is one of the few games to have utilized more than 90% of the cell's capacity. Gran Turismo 5 doesn't use the ps3's built in graphics accelerator, all operations are handled on the cell itself. This is why the game looks so pretty, and runs at a full 60fps. It could never achieve this using the on-board graphics that Sony included in the hardware to make coding for the ps3 easier for "third party developers."

Secondly. Recycled cars are not recycled. They have been totally re-rendered, and touched up by Pd's 3d artists. Yes they may be from a previous game, but that's no reason to call them recycled. Modeling is very time consuming, and we would never see the game on shelves if PD took the time to remodel all the cars in 3d with Interior Views.

Third, the game is in 3d. Meaning, not only do they have to model the cars/tracks for your standard non 3d television, They also have to model for your 3d televisions. These models are complex, and take up tons of space on the disk. Its no wonder there's only 200 3d modeled interiors. Which if you ask me, is quite a feat. I know some of you are thinking, "hey I could give a rats 🤬 about 3d, I don't own a 3d television." Well that's what comes with new technology. There's always going be the transistion phase where its not going to be for everyone.

Fourth, This isn't your company, this isn't your game, this isn't your idea, or vision. Its Kaz's, and Kaz's alone. If he says the game isn't ready to be released, its not coming out, no matter how much the public demands it.

Fifth. The game's engine/physics have been totally re-written. And that's something that takes a long time to get right. Imagine the mathmatics invovled in creating the tire physics, the roll of the car, weigh of all the components, placement of that weigh over the wheels, inertia, gravity, wind, humidity, rain, snow, weight of the driver, friction from road surfaces, aerodynamics, etc, etc. All very complex systems that took someone a ton of hard work to code. And from playing the TT demo last Christmas I feel they did an EXCELENT Job. Tho i'm sure some changes have taken place since then.

End Rant.

On an exit note, I'm not flaming anyone, or trying troll, I just feel that PD isn't getting credit where credit is deserved. These guys busted their butts to bring us the most advanced console driving simulator of our time.

Can i give you a billion +'s?
 
hmm we dont have a release date and we have a launch party! can i have that link that says about the launch party please?(1st time i hear about the launch party lol)
Do you have a disability to read the message I quoted? I wasnt the one who said the release party was on the 23rd.
 
It's not a matter of "view point adjustment", because either view you have of the situation you still won't get the same features in all cars.

Sure you still in GT4 there were some things that you couldn't do either in all cars (changing the wheels of a FIAT 500, for example), but all the cars where treated the same way, all had the same quality and features.

So clearly, you'll have 1st class cars and 2nd class cars in this game or highly-absurdely detailed cars and amazing cars, however you prefer to see it. Still, either way, they aren't "equal". This doesn't make sense in this game.

I agree with you and I used to really be annoyed by this inconsistency. My point is: look at GT5 as two games, one with about 200 cars that gives you everything you want, and one with about 800 cars that is there for your convenience and further enjoyment.

Having weather effects and day/night cycles on just a few tracks is still inexcusable and doesn't befit a next-gen Gran Turismo.
 
Back