GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,815,368 views
Like I said, my statement still stands, assuming you know what granularity means in this context. As for getting my nose a bit blood...grow up eh? These are forums not a children's playground, although you could be forgiven at times.

Would have been much better if you had just apologised for getting the wrong end of the stick concerning my meaning but you talked about a children's playground and we all know that children don't like to admit when they are wrong.
 
Don't know if it was said before, but anyone knows if in A-Spec mode we can do Qualify Sessions before the races? It would be great...
 
On this Weltbild page , there is an (how can I translate this) "order your copy and come and get it by yourself" option. I just called the nearest shop to my town but nobody is taking the phone call... Maybe they already got it, then I will run and get my copy :D

Let me dream...

Tell us how it turns out,

I can't order it via the site because it will not accept my postal code.
Emailed them about it.

I let you dream, i am also dreaming :D as is Weltbild probably, but hope is all that is left,...


Yeah, we have the game to by MM, i will get my copy about 5 minutes when i'm finished working.

you kidding right??!?
 
As much as I'd like you to be correct, you aren't.

Your reasoning is contradicted on one of those pictures were you see the cursor sitting on top of a manufacturer logo and it states "Cars of This Make Available for Purchase at Current Level: 0". On a previous pick, while having the cursor on top of the Mercedes-Benz logo, you can see that the "Cars of This Make Available for Purchase at Current Level: 2". So, obviously, all Premium dealerships are shown there on those pics.

You are not talking into account that the dealerships may vary from week to week.
 
Refresh GTPlanet *nothing*
Refresh GAF *nothing*
Search google 'GT5', click latest *nothing*
Check N4G *nothing*

I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS CYCLE. Sony please announce something :(
 
I'm sure at least half of people in the forums never had a chance of tuning a car(me including) or got theirs tuned by others, apart from video games.
So they've never known the pleasure of actually building their car to the point it is tuned.
Gran Turismo since the first one has always been about driving, tuning, driving, tuning, etc....
And tuning affects all aspects of the car from inside to outside, but it's not only about performance. It's also about giving a personal touch to each car, making it more ours than others.
That's the spirit. Hope GT5 delivers...:)
 
Hmm just called them, she told me on the phone that the copies will be shipped tomorrow (to them) and its possible that they will have it tomorrow but she is not sure. Maybe saturday or monday??
 
All this nit picking is getting a bit boring now. I think it's time to just leave the site for a while and get on with life. I bet no one can leave GTplanet for a week.
 
refresh gtplanet *nothing*
refresh gaf *nothing*
search google 'gt5', click latest *nothing*
check n4g *nothing*

i need to get out of this cycle. Sony please announce something :(

+1
 
Hmm just called them, she told me on the phone that the copies will be shipped tomorrow (to them) and its possible that they will have it tomorrow but she is not sure. Maybe saturday or monday??

If it's true, we need to be fast tomorrow before the stock runs out
 
Would have been much better if you had just apologised for getting the wrong end of the stick concerning my meaning but you talked about a children's playground and we all know that children don't like to admit when they are wrong.
Apologise for what? You have nothing to prove or disprove what you said, and I have nothing to prove or disprove what I said in response. Almost everything being argued about in this thread is based on assumption.

I'll admit I'm wrong when I read concrete evidence of how the game performs in a review or when I have the game in my hand and experience it for myself. Until then, you'll just have to accept that you know nothing more than the rest of us.
 
One of my biggest questions at this point is related to A-Spec vs B-Spec. It almost sounds as though these 2 are seperate in GT5. Does anyone know if you will still be able to do both as you could in GT4? In other words in my A-Spec career will I be able to let B-Spec Bob run a race for me to earn some cash like I did so often in GT4. Also in GT4 you could swap to the B-Spec driver during a pit stop or back to A-Spec.

Anyone know if this will still be possible?
 
All this nit picking is getting a bit boring now. I think it's time to just leave the site for a while and get on with life. I bet no one can leave GTplanet for a week.

Wait 'til release day. GTPlanet is going to be dead quiet.........
 
All this nit picking is getting a bit boring now. I think it's time to just leave the site for a while and get on with life. I bet no one can leave GTplanet for a week.

Your right of course but potentially too much important info could be forthcoming in a week :)
 
Refresh GTPlanet *nothing*
Refresh GAF *nothing*
Search google 'GT5', click latest *nothing*
Check N4G *nothing*

I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS CYCLE. Sony please announce something :(

Lucky you , I spent whole night dream about gran turismo 1 when I used to play it back in the days of ps1:nervous:::nervous: ..I can't wait no longer , my brain is being tampered with.
 
One of my biggest questions at this point is related to A-Spec vs B-Spec. It almost sounds as though these 2 are seperate in GT5. Does anyone know if you will still be able to do both as you could in GT4? In other words in my A-Spec career will I be able to let B-Spec Bob run a race for me to earn some cash like I did so often in GT4. Also in GT4 you could swap to the B-Spec driver during a pit stop or back to A-Spec.

Anyone know if this will still be possible?

I think we can swap to the B-Spec, otherwise the 24 hour Endurance would become impossible to finish to the majority of players... Or maybe they implemented the possibility of saving game during an A-Spec 24 hour race, I hope at least this...
 
If it's true, we need to be fast tomorrow before the stock runs out

Mhh I call them first because I dont think that its possible... And if they really get it tomorrow, then all the other shops too... Here in germany it´s forbidden to sell game copys before they get released (so they told me in Media Markt)...
 
Apologise for what? You have nothing to prove or disprove what you said, and I have nothing to prove or disprove what I said in response. Almost everything being argued about in this thread is based on assumption.

I'll admit I'm wrong when I read concrete evidence of how the game performs in a review or when I have the game in my hand and experience it for myself. Until then, you'll just have to accept that you know nothing more than the rest of us.

Go back and read what I said. In fact I'll summise it here to make it easier for you. The guy I responded to thought that the number after the sentence at the bottom of the dealer screen referred to the players current level, when in fact it refers to the number of cars that are available from the current manufacturer. That is fact as any other interpretation is nonsensical. You assumed I was having my say on which manufacturers are and are not in the game. I was doing no such thing. I don't have a copy of the game so how could I possibly know. Thats is why you should apologise, it's the bigger man that can say sorry ;)
 
One of my biggest questions at this point is related to A-Spec vs B-Spec. It almost sounds as though these 2 are seperate in GT5. Does anyone know if you will still be able to do both as you could in GT4? In other words in my A-Spec career will I be able to let B-Spec Bob run a race for me to earn some cash like I did so often in GT4. Also in GT4 you could swap to the B-Spec driver during a pit stop or back to A-Spec.

Anyone know if this will still be possible?

I'm pretty sure that they're 2 separate modes. Kaz talked about how B-spec in GT4 was just a bare bones version of his vision for that mode. The B-spec in GT5 is what he's always wanted it to be. So it would make sense for it to be its own mode now rather than just an extra feature like it was in GT4.
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...
 
Alright I'm off this site till sunday...for the past couple months I've been refreshing this site every second nonstop...even in class. And I've been on this site every single day for years now. It's really become an addiction. See you all sunday XD
 
Seriously what the hell is going on, this whole thing is a mess IMO.
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...

If it's true, it's a very good news!! You're in Germany right? Maybe also in Italy it would be available somewhere on 15th...
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...

Doesn't make sense though. The 15th is a Monday and it won't come out on a Monday in Europe, it will be a Wednesday so I doubt that info is accurate.
 
I'm pretty sure that they're 2 separate modes. Kaz talked about how B-spec in GT4 was just a bare bones version of his vision for that mode. The B-spec in GT5 is what he's always wanted it to be. So it would make sense for it to be its own mode now rather than just an extra feature like it was in GT4.

Further to this as far as I know it doesn't matter whether you win a race in A-spec or B-spec as it still counts towards completing the game. I would assume you still get the prize money and cars if you win with B-spec but I have a feeling you won't be able to let B-spec Bob take over in the pits if you start the race in A-spec although I don't think this has been confirmed.
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...

This is all just getting crazy now. Are we going to see a staggered release from retailer to retailer depending on when they get their stock in. How can one of the biggest ever game launches be this FUBAR'd?
 
Wohooo so just called the media markt and she told me on the phone that I can get my copy on Nov. 15 th WTH???

I told her that I want it now but she cant give it out or they dont have it now...

Thats still only 4 days away, relax, chill, it will arrive.
 
Back