GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,814,510 views
I think we can swap to the B-Spec, otherwise the 24 hour Endurance would become impossible to finish to the majority of players... Or maybe they implemented the possibility of saving game during an A-Spec 24 hour race, I hope at least this...
In GT 4 I was able to complete the 24 hour races myself in A-Spec mode. While this can be difficult without being able to save it is not impossible. The worst problem would be the threat of a power outage. In my case I hooked the PS2 up to a UPS and ran 1 set of tires at a time. When running the 24hr on the ring I would pause the game at each pit stop (about 6 laps or so) then I would come back later an run another set of tires until I finished the race. I ran this one in chunks over the course of a week.

Lemans I ran over 3 days and had a blast doing it which was odd. I thought it would be boring but I started to have a good time trying to lap the second place car. When all was said and done I managed to lap the 2nd place Minolta with my R8 35 times and picked up 200 A-Spec points to boot.

The B-Spec option in GT mode however was a great way to earn cash and I really hope it is still possible in GT5.
 
Doesn't make sense though. The 15th is a Monday and it won't come out on a Monday in Europe, it will be a Wednesday so I doubt that info is accurate.

Yeah I dont know whats going on... I only tell you what she told me on the phone... Usually games come out on thursdays here but maybe Sony wants to start selling the copys as fast as possible because of the leaks?

Damn I bet they already have some copys...
 
Yeah I dont know whats going on... I only tell you what she told me on the phone... Usually games come out on thursdays here but maybe Sony wants to start selling the copys as fast as possible because of the leaks?

Damn I bet they already have some copys...

Hm i think i gonna call my local Saturn too on monday or maybe even today to ask when they got it
 
Under the Polyphony Digital badge?

I specifically remember one of the videos showing the kart for 5,000 Cr. in the PD dealer, but I'm not sure if there was anything else. Can someone clarify this? It could put to rest the prize car argument if the X1 doesn't show up in the dealerships.
 
In GT 4 I was able to complete the 24 hour races myself in A-Spec mode. While this can be difficult without being able to save it is not impossible. The worst problem would be the threat of a power outage. In my case I hooked the PS2 up to a UPS and ran 1 set of tires at a time. When running the 24hr on the ring I would pause the game at each pit stop (about 6 laps or so) then I would come back later an run another set of tires until I finished the race. I ran this one in chunks over the course of a week.

Lemans I ran over 3 days and had a blast doing it which was odd. I thought it would be boring but I started to have a good time trying to lap the second place car. When all was said and done I managed to lap the 2nd place Minolta with my R8 35 times and picked up 200 A-Spec points to boot.

The B-Spec option in GT mode however was a great way to earn cash and I really hope it is still possible in GT5.

Which was the version of your PS2? Fat or slim? My PS2 Slim almost melted when I did the 24h races.
 
One of my biggest questions at this point is related to A-Spec vs B-Spec. It almost sounds as though these 2 are seperate in GT5. Does anyone know if you will still be able to do both as you could in GT4? In other words in my A-Spec career will I be able to let B-Spec Bob run a race for me to earn some cash like I did so often in GT4. Also in GT4 you could swap to the B-Spec driver during a pit stop or back to A-Spec.

Anyone know if this will still be possible?

I sure hope so. I was hoping to be able to switch during the 24 hour endurance races.

If it is a whole separate thing, it kind of defeats a big part of racing, and that is the team aspect. Why would we want to build up our BSpec drivers to make them better if we can't implement them as part of our team? It would make it more worthwhile to spend time making them better in B Spec mode if they could help us in the endurance events - which in real life are team events.
 
In GT 4 I was able to complete the 24 hour races myself in A-Spec mode. While this can be difficult without being able to save it is not impossible. The worst problem would be the threat of a power outage. In my case I hooked the PS2 up to a UPS and ran 1 set of tires at a time. When running the 24hr on the ring I would pause the game at each pit stop (about 6 laps or so) then I would come back later an run another set of tires until I finished the race. I ran this one in chunks over the course of a week.

Lemans I ran over 3 days and had a blast doing it which was odd. I thought it would be boring but I started to have a good time trying to lap the second place car. When all was said and done I managed to lap the 2nd place Minolta with my R8 35 times and picked up 200 A-Spec points to boot.

The B-Spec option in GT mode however was a great way to earn cash and I really hope it is still possible in GT5.

Yeah, I've finished too one 24 hour with a friend, but it was 2004, I wasn't working and had a lot of free time... Now I work, study for university, the only day I can try to complete it is on Saturday/Sunday, but it would be a trouble to make it all my own... That's why I hope at least for a possibility to save game during 24h ehehe :p
 
Doesn't make sense though. The 15th is a Monday and it won't come out on a Monday in Europe, it will be a Wednesday so I doubt that info is accurate.

maybe not. But i remember F1 2010 was officially released September 23rd here.
I bought it on September 22nd in the local mediamarkt. But I know an other store (coolblue) were handing them out already on Monday 20th..
 
Go back and read what I said. In fact I'll summise it here to make it easier for you. The guy I responded to thought that the number after the sentence at the bottom of the dealer screen referred to the players current level, when in facts it refers to the number of cars that are available from the current manufacturer. That is fact as any other interpretation is nonsensical. You assumed I was having my say on which manufacturers are and are not in the game. I was doing no such thing. I don't have a copy of the game so how could I possibly know. Thats is why you should apologise, it's the bigger man that can say sorry ;)
Let me remind you how you ended your post:

So, in this mode, all manufacturers are shown.

Thus, you are stating, as fact, something that you have absolutely no way of proving yet.

Go ahead and say sorry if you want to be the bigger man, I'm not the one losing sleep over it.
 
Which was the version of your PS2? Fat or slim? My PS2 Slim almost melted when I did the 24h races.

I Used a Fat PS2 to do that, and with two fan pointing on it... It was august and was pretty hot!
 
I called my local gamestop and the girl there told me that they have received no emails nor any word from thier headquarters about the game being released or shipped at this point. I talked to her for a few minutes but it seemed she had no idea at all what is going on. She did not even know about the game being stamped or shipped at this point. All she could tell me was that thier system says 1/1/2010. Then again that is pretty much what I expected them to say. Was hoping for a different response though.
 
Hm i think i gonna call my local Saturn too on monday or maybe even today to ask when they got it

Do this, it would be very interesting what they have to say...
 
Tokyo Drift. Your a funny guy.
 
If it is a whole separate thing, it kind of defeats a big part of racing, and that is the team aspect. Why would we want to build up our BSpec drivers to make them better if we can't implement them as part of our team? It would make it more worthwhile to spend time making them better in B Spec mode if they could help us in the endurance events - which in real life are team events.

The reason Kaz created B-spec wasn't for what you're talking about. It was created for those people that love cars but aren't good at videogames. It allows them to still enjoy the game and interact with it but they don't actually have to drive the cars. They're just giving orders to the AI. Instead of just giving them more and more driving aids which isn't going to help some people who are just flat out horrible at games, this mode will actually allow them to play and enjoy the game.
 
Ive just called my mate who owns a game shop where mine is pre-ordered and he says no date for release yet and he always gets dates at least a week before release ..
 
Ide like to put a counter on my F5 button to see how many times I hit it before a release date is announced.
 
Just called the 2nd media markt. Selling will start on Monday 15.11 (I only say what they sayed)
 
I called my local gamestop and the girl there told me that they have received no emails nor any word from thier headquarters about the game being released or shipped at this point. I talked to her for a few minutes but it seemed she had no idea at all what is going on. She did not even know about the game being stamped or shipped at this point. All she could tell me was that thier system says 1/1/2010. Then again that is pretty much what I expected them to say. Was hoping for a different response though.

So, gamestop's assistants are useless worldwide... Same here, they don't have an idea on what's going on with GT5... :banghead:
 
@ Greyum and PzR Slim. Exchange your IM info and have your slap fight on msn or aim.... women.
Anyway I remember hearing that you could stop and save during an endurance race. I remember I used to leave my PS2 on while I was at work to do endurance races in GT4 but I wouldn't trust my PS3 being on for that long because it would probably overheat or die.
 
Which was the version of your PS2? Fat or slim? My PS2 Slim almost melted when I did the 24h races.

I Used a Fat PS2 to do that, and with two fan pointing on it... It was august and was pretty hot!

I used a PS2 Slim. It was pretty warm but I never had a problem out of it. I left it on for at least a month straight letting Bob run the El-Capitan enduro while I watched tv or the 8 hour enduro while I slept. It seemed that once it got to a certian temp it was stable at that and never got any hotter than it did in the first hour or so.

Perhaps having it hooked to a regulated battery backup power supply helped a bit.
 
This is probably the most messy release ever.
Even pregnancy is more accurate.

Gonna see what happens tomorrow with weltbild....

Hope it's real :nervous::nervous:

me too, if that's true, it is very likly that WB has it tomorrow
 
Let me remind you how you ended your post:



Thus, you are stating, as fact, something that you have absolutely no way of proving yet.

Go ahead and say sorry if you want to be the bigger man, I'm not the one losing sleep over it.

Yes, 'In this mode.', not in the whole entire game. We have no idea what that mode is, if it's an arcade mode, if it only shows premium models. However, the fact that it shows some manufacturers as having 0 cars available suggests to me that, for this mode, all the manufacturers are shown. Just admit it, you thought I was trying to prove that certain manufacturers aren't in the game like some people are and you didn't like that so you attacked my post. The fact that I was doing no such thing means you owe me an apology but hey makes no difference what some random on a game forum thinks of me, so......carry on.
 
Just called the 2nd media markt. Selling will start on Monday 15.11 (I only say what they sayed)

I am sorry to say this, but I think it is not possible, wish it was!!!!
 
About the special events video, do you guys know what happened to the stig challenge?
 
Doesn't make sense though. The 15th is a Monday and it won't come out on a Monday in Europe, it will be a Wednesday so I doubt that info is accurate.

When you stop to think what company this is and what they have already done, and how they've had about 15 "estimated" release dates, and then they PULL their product that's had an official release date for over 5 months, and when it's coming down to the final days of how much longer its going to be out (Assuming from now till the 3rd of december, even tho the 24th of november has been pointed out as well) You're pretty much able at this point to take in whatever information you want, seeing as if they did release the game on the 24th, that gives them a whole 12 days (if they were going to pull a huge release on the 13th day) to give an actual release date.

Now looking at that above, can you really be pleased or be able to hope for any accuracies in a company that would be willing to give you a release date 1-13 days before it comes out? that's pretty rushed and not professional, So at this point, any date suits me fine.
 
Back